What's new

Wildstar is going F2P

From an economic standpoint wouldn't the CREDD market crash once the game goes F2P?

Depends. They may offer a purchase of the new currency in a similar format. Or offer sub bonuses. Has that stuff been detailed yet other than the "cash currency" that also can be grinded out?

Credd is going up slightly, but most of us predict a pretty big spike once F2P hits. The Signature bonuses are pretty significant (25% gold, xp, and rep; 30 buy/sell orders instead of 3; 5 Circles instead of 1; some other shit), so I imagine a lot of the new free players will still want it without paying money.

From an economic standpoint wouldn't the CREDD market crash once the game goes F2P?
Opposite, since credd can purchase preferred status and more people will be playing. The preferred is deceptively op, most especially for people who want to craft

Like I said, for anyone planning on crafting, the premium stuff is OP.

Have they enhanced crafting at all?
I was gonna say no, but then I realized you hadn't played in a while. Patterns now drop from GA, so that you can craft GA level purples for all the armor and weapon crafting classes and they added/changed some field techs and pots. I know I spend about 2p a week on Echo Impact Synchronizers, Adventus Crit Boosts, Regenerative Draining Gels, Regenerative Impact Gels, Adventus Tech Boosts, and Fleeting Density Nanites. Then every other week I drop about a plat on Adventus health pots.

Is there really much to do nowadays? Besides the raiding scene?

Like, how is pvp currently? Is that still a wasteland? Is non-raid endgame still just daily zones and house customization?

Is there really much to do nowadays? Besides the raiding scene?

Like, how is pvp currently? Is that still a wasteland? Is non-raid endgame still just daily zones and house customization?
From when you played there is now:
1. No restriction on what used to be 1800 gear in attempt to stop the faceroll. You just gotta grind the prestige. Doesn't take long, and RBGs are pretty much instapop (5 min or less) right now on entity. (Because same faction bgs are also a thing)
2. Veteran Ship hands which give a ton of plat and you can get pets/mounts
3. New daily zones and events
4. Contracts (which I see as another form of dailies) but I know they are lucrative because they drop rune slot re-rollers (2p each) or pets or a super rare mount.
5. A new dungeon that's fun and different. Ultimate Protogames

So, I dunno, yes there is more to do. Most of it is solo-oriented. But PUG raids on GA are a thing that happens every thurs/Fri/sat and you can get BGs at literally any time of day now so you can definitely keep yourself occupied.

Edit: oh, forgot, also a new adventure that I still haven't done.

Server transfers still free?
Uhhhhhhh. This I'm not sure about. I know they placed a lot of restrictions on server transfers because people were using them to abuse lock out timers on raids as well as using them for free name changes.

I'm eligible for free realm transfers it seems. Transferring over.

Also, seems my account is good until early July. Let's see if I can snag some CREDD through August.

It's alright. I'll go the GW2 naming route.

Gyoin Thunderbeard
Gyoin ProtoBeard
Gyoin MegaBeard
Gyoin LightBeard
Gyoin CutBeard
Gyoin WilyBeard

I thought about doing that.

ThunderFox
ProtoFox
MegaFox
LightFox
CutFox

And so on. Works pretty well, actually.

So I signed up for the free trial and logged into my account. Turns out I had 4 credd there and they are still usable. I thought they expire and you lost them after a certain number of days. Looks like I'll be back playing now. I'm gonna roll on Dominion PvE and just play around. Maybe I'll transfer my old 50 stalker to mess with later.

Top Bottom