What's new

Wildstar Wildstar Paths!

Demetrio

Web_Banner_Paths.jpg

A WILDSTAR FLICK

Hold on to your butts! Agent Voxine is about to drop some knowledge about Paths, and what to expect once you arrive on planet Nexus. Are you ready? This lesson might be a painful one.

WHAT ABOUT THE GAMEPLAY?

BOOM! The latest episode of DevSpeak breaks down what is awesome about the Path system in WildStar!

THE DEVSPEAK PATH POSSE!

This courageous crew is breakin' off a piece and taming Nexus with their own personal style!
Characters-Path.jpg

TIME TO BREAK IT DOWN!

We've got everything you need to know about Soldiers, Explorers, Settlers, and Scientists. You ready? It's about to get real.

MISSION TYPES

Icon-Assasination.png
ASSASSINATION:

Ever dreamed of being a hit man? Channel your inner assassin as you track down targets, put them in your sights, and rack up the body counts!
Icon-Demolition.png
DEMOLITION:
Most problems can be solved with the right amount of explosives. Blow stuff up using bombs, grenades and other weapons of mass destruction. BOOM!
Icon-Rescue.png
RESCUE OP:

Listen up, Soldier! We have civilians that have been taken hostage by the enemy, and we need you to get 'em out of there! Are we clear? Get moving!
Icon-SWAT.png
SWAT:
SWAT: Special Weapons And Tactics. Know what it really means? Shiny new toys! Test advanced military hardware on your foes. Mercy? Not part of the equation.
Icon-Holdout-Conquer.png
HOLDOUT - CONQUER:

Are you ready to lock, load, and start taking care of business? Defend your territory against waves of hostile enemies. No guts, no glory!
Icon-Holdout-Security.png
HOLDOUT - SECURITY:
No one likes a thief. That's where you come in. Defend your loot against dirty underhanded criminals, and crack some skulls with the hammer of justice!
Icon-Holdout-FirstStrike.png
HOLD OUT - FIRST STRIKE:

Hit 'em hard, and hit 'em fast! Strike your targets and destroy them before they call in reinforcements, then bask in the glow of your badassitude!
Icon-Holdout-Protect.png
HOLDOUT - PROTECT:
Being a hero ain't easy... but it's time to step up. Defend allies against incoming waves of hostiles, ensuring they survive another day!

MISSION TYPES

Icon-Cartography.png
CARTOGRAPHY:

Making maps has never been more fun... or more dangerous! Travel into the untamed wilds of Nexus and chart territory for your faction.
Icon-Exploration.png
EXPLORATION:
Nexus is chock full of secret places, and you'll find every one! Use a combination of technology and agility to access hidden locations!
Icon-Rescue.png
EXPEDITION:

The uncharted frontier awaits! Strike out into the great unknown, making sure to explore every last inch of the map. Cowards need not apply.
Icon-SWAT.png
OPERATIONS:
Exploring isn't just about climbing mountains. Sometimes you gotta gear up, buckle down, and get a job done. Skills definitely pay the bills.
Icon-Holdout-Conquer.png
SCAVENGER HUNT:

Ancient artifacts? Check. Remote, inaccessible locations? Check. Fearless explorers who laugh in the face of danger? Oh yeah.
STAKING CLAIM:
Nexus ain't big enough for everyone, and second place sucks. So get out there, plant your flag, and claim this planet for your allies.
SURVEILLANCE:

Get your secret agent on! There's a war out there, and you need to set up remote surveillance devices to keep an eye on the enemy.
Icon-Holdout-Protect.png
TRACKING:
Ready to hunt? Track enemies, creatures and strange anomalies through the unforgiving terrain of planet Nexus. Epic rewards? You know it.

MISSION TYPES

Icon-Expansion.png
EXPANSION:

That town ain't going to improve itself. So step up, strap on a toolbelt, and get to work building things that make everyone's life a little easier.
Icon-Civil-Defense.png
CIVIL DEFENSE:
Town guards can handle the small stuff. But when the biggest, meanest monsters on Nexus come a-knockin', you'll step up and save the day!
Icon-Supply-Cache.png
SUPPLY CACHE:

Who has time to sit around and wait for vital supplies to show up on a platter? Put on those boots and bring home the bacon!
Icon-Infastructure.png
INFASTRUCTURE:
Are you ready for some serious real estate development? Then do your civic duty and build hospitals, taverns, and spaceports for your friends and allies.
Icon-Public-Service.png
PUBLIC SERVICE:

Some people just don't have the grit and backbone to get the job done. Good thing you do. Achieve tasks for the greater good, and get rewarded for it.

MISSION TYPES

Icon-Analysis.png
ANALYSIS:

Time to put that big brain of yours to work! Whether it's a bug-eyed monster or the enemy's databanks, it's up to you to scan it.
Icon-Archeology.png
ARCHEOLOGY:
The Eldan left behind a whole planet full of awesome. So start scanning those relics, robots, and radical machines!
Icon-Biology.png
BIOLOGY:

Nexus is home to the craziest critters this side of the Fringe! You and your trusty scanbot better get crackin'.
Icon-Botany.png
BOTANY:
Studying plants on Nexus is cool. Especially when those plants are trying to chew your face off. Stopping to smell the flowers? Not recommended.
Icon-Catalog.png
CATALOG:

Knowledge is power. Which is good, because Nexus has a lot of knowledge that needs to be collected and catalogued. Time to power up!
Icon-Chemistry.png
CHEMISTRY:
Nexus is full of exotic materials and alien compounds just waiting to be studied. Are some of them ridiculously dangerous? No doubt about it.
Icon-Diagnostics.png
DIAGNOSTICS:

You're a scientist, and that means you can fix stuff. Whether it's a broken leg or a busted bot, you'll diagnose the problem and take care of it.
Icon-Field-Study.png
FIELD STUDY:
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of hostile alien lifeforms? You do. Study behavior patterns among the natives. And try not to get killed.

STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?

It's your lucky day! Agent Voxine has given us permission to answer your questions. Just try not to ask anything that might get you... dismissed.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A CLASS AND A PATH?
Picking a Class is choosing the way you like to fight. Are you a gunslinger, a squishy healer, or meatshield? Picking your Path is choosing your playstyle. Do you like to explore dangerous places, kill enemies, or study things? Make a choice, and we'll make sure you get lots of what you like.

IS THERE A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PATH CONTENT AND OTHER KINDS OF CONTENT?
Path content is specially designed to support particular playstyles. Are you a lorehound? Sure, everyone gets to learn some lore in WildStar, but the Scientist really gets to dig in to the nitty-gritty. Maybe building and socializing is your bag? Then choose a Setter, and construct unique objects and buildings for your buddies on Nexus.

DO I GET CREDIT FOR JOINING IN OTHER PLAYERS' PATH MISSIONS?
Yes. We call it "Crossing Paths", and you get rewards for doing it. So get out there and lend a helping hand!

HOW COME I DIDN'T GET A BETA INVITE?
Patience, people! We're easing into beta to make sure we
do it right, but we're going to be opening it up to lots more
people in the future. So stay tuned!

WHAT HAPPENS IF I SKIP PATH QUESTS AND PATH CONTENT?
Nothing. Path content is not required in order to level. That being said, you'll be missing out on some of the coolest content in the game. We wouldn't recommend it.

WHY SHOULD I GIVE A DAMN ABOUT PATHS? DO I GET STUFF?
All kinds of stuff! As you level your Path throughout the game, you get special abilities, loot, costumes and cash. Sounds pretty awesome, right? It is.
CAN I RESPEC MY PATH?
Currently? No. Like your Class, your Path is a permanent and defining aspect of your character. But you can always roll an alt or two!
HOW DID YOU COME UP WITH THESE PATHS?
Have you heard of Bartle types? Our Paths are loosely based on those. But mainly we just looked at the ways players play MMOs, and designed cool content around them.
I LIKE KILLING, EXPLORING, LORE AND BUILDING! WHY CAN'T I DO ALL OF THEM?
You can and will! Standard quest content will contain little bits of all of them. Don't worry! We've got you covered.
CAN I GET A BETA INVITE?
Did you say the magic word?

WHICH PATH ARE YOU?

What Path do you plan on choosing when WildStar launches? Share your choice on Facebook, and let us know what kind of player you are.

(this post has been hijacked by an admin - Try to post relevant news, proper title, with images and pretty things next time instead of whining, :), whining is OK too but we have a rant section for that teehee, btw Sorry Demetrio, I lost your original posting in my edit :( )

[faq=16][/faq]

Source: http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/the-game/paths/

:eek:mg: So much deliciousness. Scientist is looking more tempting now.

Damn, I love their videos, so well done. xD

(this post has been hijacked by an admin - Try to post relevant news, proper title, with images and pretty things next time instead of whining, :), whining is OK too but we have a rant section for that teehee, btw Sorry Demetrio, I lost your original posting in my edit :( )

Tristan expanded on the original post made by Demetrio (including the post itself instead of just the link). That's all :)

lulz. ahhhh... oblivious Nahku is oblivious.
No worries :) It's so that people (like me) who are at work can still see/view this content without clicking links here there and everywhere. It's also to help discussion here so that we all have the information right in front of us, not tabbing back and forth between multiple pages. Plus it makes quoting easier lol.

But omg. Scientist. Totally going scientist on my first character. But not gonna lie, even though the settler is "lacking" in some aspects, I really want to be that guy that has the under utilized and under performed tasks, bringing the niche part that others don't have access to.

Web_Banner_Paths.jpg

A WILDSTAR FLICK

Hold on to your butts! Agent Voxine is about to drop some knowledge about Paths, and what to expect once you arrive on planet Nexus. Are you ready? This lesson might be a painful one.

WHAT ABOUT THE GAMEPLAY?

BOOM! The latest episode of DevSpeak breaks down what is awesome about the Path system in WildStar!

THE DEVSPEAK PATH POSSE!

This courageous crew is breakin' off a piece and taming Nexus with their own personal style!
Characters-Path.jpg

TIME TO BREAK IT DOWN!

We've got everything you need to know about Soldiers, Explorers, Settlers, and Scientists. You ready? It's about to get real.

MISSION TYPES

Icon-Assasination.png
ASSASSINATION:

Ever dreamed of being a hit man? Channel your inner assassin as you track down targets, put them in your sights, and rack up the body counts!
Icon-Demolition.png
DEMOLITION:
Most problems can be solved with the right amount of explosives. Blow stuff up using bombs, grenades and other weapons of mass destruction. BOOM!
Icon-Rescue.png
RESCUE OP:

Listen up, Soldier! We have civilians that have been taken hostage by the enemy, and we need you to get 'em out of there! Are we clear? Get moving!
Icon-SWAT.png
SWAT:
SWAT: Special Weapons And Tactics. Know what it really means? Shiny new toys! Test advanced military hardware on your foes. Mercy? Not part of the equation.
Icon-Holdout-Conquer.png
HOLDOUT - CONQUER:

Are you ready to lock, load, and start taking care of business? Defend your territory against waves of hostile enemies. No guts, no glory!
HOLDOUT - SECURITY:
No one likes a thief. That's where you come in. Defend your loot against dirty underhanded criminals, and crack some skulls with the hammer of justice!
HOLD OUT - FIRST STRIKE:

Hit 'em hard, and hit 'em fast! Strike your targets and destroy them before they call in reinforcements, then bask in the glow of your badassitude!
Icon-Holdout-Protect.png
HOLDOUT - PROTECT:
Being a hero ain't easy... but it's time to step up. Defend allies against incoming waves of hostiles, ensuring they survive another day!

MISSION TYPES

Icon-Cartography.png
CARTOGRAPHY:

Making maps has never been more fun... or more dangerous! Travel into the untamed wilds of Nexus and chart territory for your faction.
Icon-Exploration.png
EXPLORATION:
Nexus is chock full of secret places, and you'll find every one! Use a combination of technology and agility to access hidden locations!
Icon-Rescue.png
EXPEDITION:

The uncharted frontier awaits! Strike out into the great unknown, making sure to explore every last inch of the map. Cowards need not apply.
Icon-SWAT.png
OPERATIONS:
Exploring isn't just about climbing mountains. Sometimes you gotta gear up, buckle down, and get a job done. Skills definitely pay the bills.
Icon-Holdout-Conquer.png
SCAVENGER HUNT:

Ancient artifacts? Check. Remote, inaccessible locations? Check. Fearless explorers who laugh in the face of danger? Oh yeah.
STAKING CLAIM:
Nexus ain't big enough for everyone, and second place sucks. So get out there, plant your flag, and claim this planet for your allies.
SURVEILLANCE:

Get your secret agent on! There's a war out there, and you need to set up remote surveillance devices to keep an eye on the enemy.
Icon-Holdout-Protect.png
TRACKING:
Ready to hunt? Track enemies, creatures and strange anomalies through the unforgiving terrain of planet Nexus. Epic rewards? You know it.

MISSION TYPES

Icon-Expansion.png
EXPANSION:

That town ain't going to improve itself. So step up, strap on a toolbelt, and get to work building things that make everyone's life a little easier.
Icon-Civil-Defense.png
CIVIL DEFENSE:
Town guards can handle the small stuff. But when the biggest, meanest monsters on Nexus come a-knockin', you'll step up and save the day!
Icon-Supply-Cache.png
SUPPLY CACHE:

Who has time to sit around and wait for vital supplies to show up on a platter? Put on those boots and bring home the bacon!
Icon-Infastructure.png
INFASTRUCTURE:
Are you ready for some serious real estate development? Then do your civic duty and build hospitals, taverns, and spaceports for your friends and allies.
Icon-Public-Service.png
PUBLIC SERVICE:

Some people just don't have the grit and backbone to get the job done. Good thing you do. Achieve tasks for the greater good, and get rewarded for it.

MISSION TYPES

Icon-Analysis.png
ANALYSIS:

Time to put that big brain of yours to work! Whether it's a bug-eyed monster or the enemy's databanks, it's up to you to scan it.
Icon-Archeology.png
ARCHEOLOGY:
The Eldan left behind a whole planet full of awesome. So start scanning those relics, robots, and radical machines!
Icon-Biology.png
BIOLOGY:

Nexus is home to the craziest critters this side of the Fringe! You and your trusty scanbot better get crackin'.
Icon-Botany.png
BOTANY:
Studying plants on Nexus is cool. Especially when those plants are trying to chew your face off. Stopping to smell the flowers? Not recommended.
Icon-Catalog.png
CATALOG:

Knowledge is power. Which is good, because Nexus has a lot of knowledge that needs to be collected and catalogued. Time to power up!
Icon-Chemistry.png
CHEMISTRY:
Nexus is full of exotic materials and alien compounds just waiting to be studied. Are some of them ridiculously dangerous? No doubt about it.
Icon-Diagnostics.png
DIAGNOSTICS:

You're a scientist, and that means you can fix stuff. Whether it's a broken leg or a busted bot, you'll diagnose the problem and take care of it.
Icon-Field-Study.png
FIELD STUDY:
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of hostile alien lifeforms? You do. Study behavior patterns among the natives. And try not to get killed.

STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?

It's your lucky day! Agent Voxine has given us permission to answer your questions. Just try not to ask anything that might get you... dismissed.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A CLASS AND A PATH?
Picking a Class is choosing the way you like to fight. Are you a gunslinger, a squishy healer, or meatshield? Picking your Path is choosing your playstyle. Do you like to explore dangerous places, kill enemies, or study things? Make a choice, and we'll make sure you get lots of what you like.

IS THERE A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PATH CONTENT AND OTHER KINDS OF CONTENT?
Path content is specially designed to support particular playstyles. Are you a lorehound? Sure, everyone gets to learn some lore in WildStar, but the Scientist really gets to dig in to the nitty-gritty. Maybe building and socializing is your bag? Then choose a Setter, and construct unique objects and buildings for your buddies on Nexus.

DO I GET CREDIT FOR JOINING IN OTHER PLAYERS' PATH MISSIONS?
Yes. We call it "Crossing Paths", and you get rewards for doing it. So get out there and lend a helping hand!

HOW COME I DIDN'T GET A BETA INVITE?
Patience, people! We're easing into beta to make sure we
do it right, but we're going to be opening it up to lots more
people in the future. So stay tuned!

WHAT HAPPENS IF I SKIP PATH QUESTS AND PATH CONTENT?
Nothing. Path content is not required in order to level. That being said, you'll be missing out on some of the coolest content in the game. We wouldn't recommend it.

WHY SHOULD I GIVE A DAMN ABOUT PATHS? DO I GET STUFF?
All kinds of stuff! As you level your Path throughout the game, you get special abilities, loot, costumes and cash. Sounds pretty awesome, right? It is.

CAN I RESPEC MY PATH?
Currently? No. Like your Class, your Path is a permanent and defining aspect of your character. But you can always roll an alt or two!

HOW DID YOU COME UP WITH THESE PATHS?
Have you heard of Bartle types? Our Paths are loosely based on those. But mainly we just looked at the ways players play MMOs, and designed cool content around them.

I LIKE KILLING, EXPLORING, LORE AND BUILDING! WHY CAN'T I DO ALL OF THEM?
You can and will! Standard quest content will contain little bits of all of them. Don't worry! We've got you covered.

CAN I GET A BETA INVITE?
Did you say the magic word?

WHICH PATH ARE YOU?

What Path do you plan on choosing when WildStar launches? Share your choice on Facebook, and let us know what kind of player you are.

Source: http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/the-game/paths/

Yea, I wasn't whining. I was playing around.

Yeah no worries bud. Was a poor choice of words in my end. Just trying to ingrain it in people's minds to post more than just links for the Gyoin reasons above. As well as proper titles so we can promote people's topics to the front page when they deserve it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the look of all 4 of the paths and am more of a completionist (I like achievements and seeing everything I can) so I am not sure how the hell I am going to figure out which to be on my main.

I also think that it will depend on the class I choose as well.

I like being the "rare" guy but at the same time they are more rare because they are boring. I enjoy finding out everything from a scientist POV but I also like exploring. Soldier could be fun but I think it's more of an extension of the rest of the game combat. Settler I am unsure of. Do you get money from people repairing at your stations or buying from your vendors or XP? How long do your places last or how to multiple people build up a town once one person has already done so?

Yay Tr1age gets on someone else posts besides me *squeel* He usually likes to yell at me because of my posts

Squee! Explorer it is then. Scientist looks nifty too, but that'll have to be an alt. Explorer all the way with my main. Jump Quests.

Top Bottom