What's new

Ark: Survival Evolved

I was watching some videos of this yesterday......DROOL..... Wow, for a pre launch game this is the best looking on I have seen to date. I didn't get a chance to see combat or any of the good stuff. The guy I was watching was with his team relocating a t-rex and like 12 other dinos to a new base that was better defensible

I was watching some videos of this yesterday......DROOL..... Wow, for a pre launch game this is the best looking on I have seen to date. I didn't get a chance to see combat or any of the good stuff. The guy I was watching was with his team relocating a t-rex and like 12 other dinos to a new base that was better defensible
Watching fairlight? Haha he's pretty far along. Be warned the graphics look good on stream but are not optimised yet. Need some serious tweaks.

I'm jealous I couldn't play the last 3 nights, still have yet to take a Dino. I needs a raptor and a flyer

Sent from Moto X using Tapatalk.

Baldoraxx Yup, this is one of the best early access titles for now in my opinion. Yes, it still needs lots of work on the optimization. But other than that, it’s a great game!

Crake I had a Pteranodon bird. You have to be ‘careful’ when riding those, when they run out of stamina they’ll force a landing, and mine threw me off. I fell and died, and never saw Petyr again. I went to look for him in the forest, but it was no use. The cold got to my naked body, and I died. Petyr might still be at the crash site for all I know, I still haven’t seen a death message for him. The Argentavis seems like the better bird overall, while slower than the Pteranodon; it can carry more weight, and fly longer due to higher stamina. I’ve gotten an Argentavis unconscious, but a Raptor came from the woods and ate it before I successfully tamed it.
My personal suggestion for dinosaurs is a Raptor if you want to run long distances, it’s so effective and I personally prefer Raptors over Pteranodon. Mostly because they run, and doesn’t need to land to take breaks.
If you have set up a base and don’t plan on moving anytime soon, I’d highly recommend getting a Triceratops or a Stegosaurus for farming berries. The Triceratops are rather easy to get unconscious using a slingshot, and is generally a faster mount than the Stegosaurus; But has a lower radius it farms the berries. Whichever you prefer is up to you, I currently use Stegosaurus because our Triceratops died. The Triceratops appears to be more common than the Stegosaurus, making it easy to get multiple of them. When you’ve got one of the berry pickers, making narcotics will be very easy and you can plan your dinosaur taming rituals much better. I think me and my friend have some 600+ narcotics on my server, which allows us to basically tame anything.
I can also recommend a Carbonemys, they have very high defense and is great to just bring with you as a cargo dinosaur when harvesting. We’ve had about 4-5 of them, because they’re easy to tame and can take quite a beating.

Taming guide. Pretty helpful. Source: Reddit

pXYtRS9.jpg

tr1age Like I have said, if you can stand the current performance issues; yes, its worth it. They are releasing patches almost every day, and sometimes the performance gets better, sometimes it gets worse until the next patch. But overall, it has definitely gotten much better since the release 2 weeks ago. They have also added Spinosaurus and some new items, which is cool.
I’m running the game at about 30-40fps most of the times, and I get frame drops sometimes into the 5fps range when looking in certain directions. I have a i7 [email protected], 16GB RAM and a GTX780, with the game on a regular drive (not SSD, which could increase performance). Should be mentioned that I’m currently hosting my server on the same PC I play on too, which probably have some impact on my game.

I have 100+ hours in the game, it was totally worth the money for me.

Myself, Crake, Remainz, and Sim are all on a private server of one of Crake's friends

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

So I have a Trike and a Scorpion tamed now, I want to relocate them from the communal pen to ours once we get everyone in the main tribe; it was OKed by the other tribesman for me to add y'all so we should just merge into that. I haven't been on earlier then 1AM lately though so srysry.

If anyone else wants to get into the server let me know; I don't want to overwhelm the server owner with random requests so I'd like to take a few at a time if more want in.

So I have a Trike and a Scorpion tamed now, I want to relocate them from the communal pen to ours once we get everyone in the main tribe; it was OKed by the other tribesman for me to add y'all so we should just merge into that. I haven't been on earlier then 1AM lately though so srysry.

If anyone else wants to get into the server let me know; I don't want to overwhelm the server owner with random requests so I'd like to take a few at a time if more want in.

I'll be on this afternoon

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'm usually on anywhere after 8 p.m. mainly to midnight or shortly after EAST COAST time. I still stink at this game....or any survival game for that fact.

Did we figure out how the merge thing works? I didn't want us to lose what we had already compiled.[DOUBLEPOST=1434457325,1434457284][/DOUBLEPOST]

I know Sheeld was looking to come in. I told him to contact bop though.

Yeah, unfortunately I'm working the next 3 nights so.. Maybe I'll get to play with you guys one of these days

Sent from Moto X using Tapatalk.

Anyone still trying to get into Bop's server? Let me know. I'm playing pretty late and not a lot of people are on @_@

Top Bottom