What's new

FPS BF4

I remember when all this "extra" shit you had to pay for was either patched in free or the community was giving tools to create free mods.

Those days are gone in a lot of games sadly. Its worth it to me though to pay a one time extra fee instead of buying the expansions separately.

Def, gonna be jumping in this open beta. Love the series and love just running around blowing up the buildings

I can't. Mainly for two reasons. One is DICE is an amazing group of devs regardless of the EA iron fist that scooped them up. The other is its so god damned beautiful and so far I have yet to be disappointed by a Battlefield title.

Yes there were a few more mediocre ones on the list( I have every one ever made haha), but they were all fun!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
I agree that DICE is a nice group of devs, and that the past Battlefield titles were good games. Heck, if it wasn't for EA, I'd be all over BF4.

I agree that DICE is a nice group of devs, and that the past Battlefield titles were good games. Heck, if it wasn't for EA, I'd be all over BF4.

Ok, now this may be better off in the rants section, but why all the hate for EA? I know I've heard a lot over the years with how they buyout companies and ruin franchises and all but I also remember growing up on EA. Titles like NHL, Madden, etc. I'd just like to hear a more detailed and specific reason as to why people hate on EA so much. I know I for one was upset when Mythic joined them, but what about you guys?

Ok, now this may be better off in the rants section, but why all the hate for EA? I know I've heard a lot over the years with how they buyout companies and ruin franchises and all but I also remember growing up on EA. Titles like NHL, Madden, etc. I'd just like to hear a more detailed and specific reason as to why people hate on EA so much. I know I for one was upset when Mythic joined them, but what about you guys?

Feel free to start a rant, but besides the huge buyout spree they went on that ruined many dev studios(which they have slightly reversed course on in recent years), I will sum it up in one game name. Sim City.

I'm in...probably. Except, I'll be on PS4. I'm not familiar with any rumor or statement that has said anything contrary, but perhaps there will be cross platform play?

I think the PS4 supports mouse and 'board, so I think I'll have a ' fighting ' chance..

I'm in...probably. Except, I'll be on PS4. I'm not familiar with any rumor or statement that has said anything contrary, but perhaps there will be cross platform play?

I think the PS4 supports mouse and 'board, so I think I'll have a ' fighting ' chance..

I doubt it. PC servers are usually kept separate but who knows.

There are some games that are getting cross-platform of PS4 and PC, but I believe BF4 and CoD: Ghosts are not included in these.

There are some games that are getting cross-platform of PS4 and PC, but I believe BF4 and CoD: Ghosts are not included in these.
I wait anxiously for that day so I can prove controller is not greater than mouse keyboard.

I wait anxiously for that day so I can prove controller is not greater than mouse keyboard.

I don't think anyone is saying controller > KB/M. But playing on a big TV in a big chair? Yeah, I'm gonna recline and play my shooter with a controller.

I don't think anyone is saying controller > KB/M. But playing on a big TV in a big chair? Yeah, I'm gonna recline and play my shooter with a controller.

Except for the part where I could do that with my damned computer. In fact when I get a nice TV for over my fireplace this fall, im going to probably have the old one in here...go go 37 inch monitor?

Except for the part where I could do that with my damned computer. In fact when I get a nice TV for over my fireplace this fall, im going to probably have the old one in here...go go 37 inch monitor?

<--- 50" Monitor.

Here is a more accurate rundown of weaponry in the game curtesy of LevelCap. An imporant thing to note is that the PDW category of weapons are EXCLUSIVE to the Engineer class this time around. The Carbine category of weapons are now universal.

Attachments and Field Upgrades. Field Upgrades are the replacement for Squad Perks from BF3.

Well atleast I can play my Engineer and still use my beloved American made carbines =)
I like the option to suppress or get kills at range and being able to select fire modes for single shot if I need to use mine like a DMR. I just love flexibility all together. Hoping I can use an M4 or SCAR again, which it sounds like I will.

Just a heads up. I checked out my origin.

You can preload the Beta starting September 27th at 8pm(assuming EST because thats where I am)
Beta starts October 1st at 4am

I am assuming the 1st-3rd is for those who pre-ordered/have BF3 Premium(i think) and it will open to everyone on the 3rd. They previously stated there would be a 3 day period where pre-orders, etc would get in first and then open beta starts. So Tabbers grab your ammo and your kevlar and get ready for a month of beta in Shanghai.

Think I'm gonna be getting this after I get paid

Sent from Droid Razr Maxx HD via Tapatalk

Top Bottom