What's new

SPOILERS Game of Thrones Discussion Thread.

Yep, just one of the cool things that happens in book 3. Don't forget that his identity is almost completely tied to his ability to kill with a sword and they took his sword hand. I wish the fight between breanne and jamie was more decisive. In the book she kicked his ass and he earned a good amount of respect for her.

also youtube:

One of the things I loved about this episode is that they sang the songs that were just talked about in the books. The bear and the maiden fair was a big part of the story, but it was never written out. Last episode they sang the rains of castemere which talks about how the lanisters destroyed a family completely cause they wronged them.

One of the things I loved about this episode is that they sang the songs that were just talked about in the books. The bear and the maiden fair was a big part of the story, but it was never written out. Last episode they sang the rains of castemere which talks about how the lanisters destroyed a family completely cause they wronged them.

Yeah I thought this was awesome!

Huge spoilers about episode 3 in this video. It also has some great insights about the stuff that happened.

I do wish they would have made her more decisively the winner as well. Cause if that is the books way it shoulda been the way too. But then maybe his hand moment would have been less poignant for the visuals.

I'm a bit lost on the Theon storyline at the moment, and it's been a while since I read the books. In episodes two and three, I know who his savior is, but those scenes didn't happen in the books, right? Are they "filling in the blanks" regarding what happened to him between book two and book five?

I'm a bit lost on the Theon storyline at the moment, and it's been a while since I read the books. In episodes two and three, I know who his savior is, but those scenes didn't happen in the books, right? Are they "filling in the blanks" regarding what happened to him between book two and book five?
I do believe they are filling in the blanks.

Episode 4:

So who saw that coming with Danyres giving away the dragon for the 8,000 unsullied. Nice chess match she played there imo. I also forgot about jamie's hand being around his neck on a string.

I totally saw that coming. I was like theres no way she is giving up her babies. She is totally gonna screw that guy. It was EPIC.

Ok I am confused on something. The burned face guy, that used to serve as the kings guard, didn't he say hello to the men in the tavern and was welcomed when he called out the little girl? Why in the next episode was he in chains being taken away.... and now is a prisoner about to fight some dude with an eye patch :p

That was the hound, king Geoffrey's personal bodyguard. In the last episode he walks into the bar and they all make nice until they have him surrounded then take him prisoner. As Ariya walks past him to walk out the hound recognizes her and calls her out so the brotherhood then keeps hold of her.

The brotherhood is a group of normal people who fought for the many different sides and deserted. They are now lead by Baric Dondarian (the eye patch guy) as kind of an underground movement that fights for the rights of the peasants. That group now holds Ariya and the hound. They are putting the hound to trial by combat for murders they said he did (murders that his brother really did, his brother is the guy who cut off the head of his horse in season 1) and the murder Ariya said he did, but he said was justified by protecting Geoffery.

Baric Dondarian is fighting the hound in his trial by combat since he is the leader of the group and for other reasons that haven't been explained in the tv show yet.

Oh and Thoros of Myr, (the leader of the scouting group that captured Ariya and the hound) is a red priest in the same religion as the red woman who advises Stanis Barathion. You know, the chick who birthed a shadow baby out of her vagina who went in and killed Renly Barathion.

All I gotta say is Mother of Dragons about 9001, asshole slave dudes 0

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

She is pretty bad ass. Especially when you realize she understood the dude the whole time and just waited till she could melt his face off to let him know.

This seems appropriate at this point
528238_590444147640150_477115185_n.jpg

We've been neglecting this thread. Anyone want to bitch/cheer/discuss what has been going on? I liked tonight's episode even though it felt like a set up episode. One where they have to get people in certain places or frames of mind to push the story along and set up the action for later.

Having read the books I loved all of tonight's stuff. They are keeping very true to the story.

I actually really like the way they've done Theon Greyjoy/Ramsay Snow's plot-lines so far in the TV show. I also like what they've done with a few minor decisions in the books that didnt make sense to me - e.g. in the books it didnt make sense to me why Arya stark would run away from the Brotherhood, but they've given a more reasonable explanation in the show imo.

There are a few other instances in the books where I felt characters acted in a way that just didnt quite click to me - or perhaps seemed premature or unwarranted - and they've largely shored up those oddities in the show.

Some people complain about the deviation from the books but in a lot of cases I think it makes sense (removing the Brave Companions from the show pretty much by combining them into other characters for instance). I'll even go so far as to say I enjoy the show more than the books *ducks and hides*

I actually really like the way they've done Theon Greyjoy/Ramsay Snow's plot-lines so far in the TV show. I also like what they've done with a few minor decisions in the books that didnt make sense to me - e.g. in the books it didnt make sense to me why Arya stark would run away from the Brotherhood, but they've given a more reasonable explanation in the show imo.

There are a few other instances in the books where I felt characters acted in a way that just didnt quite click to me - or perhaps seemed premature or unwarranted - and they've largely shored up those oddities in the show.

Some people complain about the deviation from the books but in a lot of cases I think it makes sense (removing the Brave Companions from the show pretty much by combining them into other characters for instance). I'll even go so far as to say I enjoy the show more than the books *ducks and hides*

I agree with you totally, but I think there are some intricacies in character interaction that you get in the book and just don't see in the show. I think its that way more to keep the show moving smoothly, which I agree is a necessary concession, but I always recommend both to people new to the world. That and I make them swear fealty to Fire and Blood. Dracarys......

I'm at the point now where I wish I hadn't read the books first. The show is just that good. Amazing books translated closer than any adaptation ever to film = just incredible show. I can't wait for the season finale this year. Don't spoil it if you have read them.

I'm at the point now where I wish I hadn't read the books first. The show is just that good. Amazing books translated closer than any adaptation ever to film = just incredible show. I can't wait for the season finale this year. Don't spoil it if you have read them.

This is why I stopped, and completely appreciate you telling me to do so T1Gs

Top Bottom