What's new

SPOILERS Game of Thrones Discussion Thread.

If anyone reading this thread is reading the books, stop before you read book 3. Somewhere in the middle is the big spoiler event that they are going to end the season on. Books 1 and pretty much 2 are already shown in the tv series.

Season 1 = book 1. Sometimes word for word.
Season 2 = parts from books 2 and 3, and lots of stuff that was behind the scenes in book 2 is shown in the tv show
Season 3 = some parts from book 2, lots from book 3, some parts from books 4 and 5. Mostly because the story lines from the characters span these sections of books even though its the same timeline of the characters.

For example, the Theon Greyjoy storyline we are watching right now really starts in book 4/5 and even goes into book 6. (we haven't gotten to those parts yet. The stuff he does in season 2 was really from book 3 since he wasn't featured much in book 2.

If you really want to read the books, right now book 1 is safe, book 2 is mostly safe (no huge spoilers if any) and wait till the season is over to read book 3.
Book 3 has some big spoilers, only 1 of which they have said they are aiming to finish the season on. They may keep the others for season 4 or they may show them this season.

Or, you know, read all the books, cause they are awesome and enjoy watching your friends squirm when shit happens in the show.

Warning: watch the show before reading this post.

Just finished this week's episode. When the crows started up I thought it couldn't get any creepier, then it did. It sucks that Samwell left the obsidian spearhead there though.

Lots of stuff coming together this episode. Gendry and his royal blood, Ayria and the Hound going to the twins, The marriage and marriage night. Danyeres getting the mercenaries, Oh and the boob count went up.

Warning: watch the show before reading this post.

Just finished this week's episode. When the crows started up I thought it couldn't get any creepier, then it did. It sucks that Samwell left the obsidian spearhead there though.

Lots of stuff coming together this episode. Gendry and his royal blood, Ayria and the Hound going to the twins, The marriage and marriage night. Danyeres getting the mercenaries, Oh and the boob count went up.

hooray boobs! I tend to get a little smashed with my roommate before GoT on sundays, so I was actually yelling at my TV when that fat fuck Sam left the obsidian shard after he killed the Other. People been complaining that this was a slow episode, but I thought it was alright, and it really sets up the end few.

I did however, think they just threw us into the Tyrian/Sansa marriage without much warning or development though - just sort of like get it over and done with

True about the wedding, but from the books and the way they are telling the story on the show, the Tyrion and Sansa wedding was just that. Thrown together for political purposes, neither of them wanted it and are dealing with it best they can. If it weren't for the show throwing us so many unexpected deaths and maimings and such it would have been a total, "oh shit they really did that to them" moment.

Sorry to do this to you guys but this sadly is Game of Throne's fate:

zGvH7s6.jpg

There will be cosplay, OH how there will be cosplay.

Unrelated note, GOT is back this week. last week off sucked.

There will be cosplay, OH how there will be cosplay.

Unrelated note, GOT is back this week. last week off sucked.
There's actually a lot of her cosplayed but that girl pulled it off the best IMO. Yeah last week sucked...here's to tomorrow!!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Re-watch a marathon of all 3 seasons back to back. Plus a week or so after rooster teeth will have a spoiler cast talking about the seasons. I'll post it here when the upload it to youtube. I am a fanboy of their podcasts.

Re-watch a marathon of all 3 seasons back to back. Plus a week or so after rooster teeth will have a spoiler cast talking about the seasons. I'll post it here when the upload it to youtube. I am a fanboy of their podcasts.

Exactly! Also not sure if you folks enjoy Falling Skies, but thats about to start Season 3 in the beginning of July.

Just watched the last episode. Man, it happened sooner than I thought. But when it happened, it took a lot longer than I expected.
Now I'm wondering what's left for the season finale!

Yep, This episode is what I thought would be the final episode. I have no idea what will be in the final one especially since the teaser didn't show what Me and Therese thought would be in next weeks episode.

I've already seen a few people on facebook say they were shocked or sick or full of wtf. I wish now I hadn't read the books and known what was coming.

I think they put this as episode 9 instead of 10 because in season 1 they ended it with a shock and people were in an uproar. This way they remember something else all summer as the final episode. I wish the season ended on that last shot, but its not good show politics for the masses.

Top Bottom