What's new

Get Windows 10 NOW

Thanks for the advice, all.

Turned out not to be as bad as I thought. There were several folders of pictures that I copied over and deleted quickly. The only programs were a couple games that I actually want running on the SSD.

I have 20GB of space on the SSD now, so I should be good. My hard disk has 250GB free still (After I partitioned off about 100GB and did a backup).

Oh yeah reg stuff. I'm used to doing it for server based programs. I could tell you how to change hkey stuff but you're probably better just uninstalling lol

LOL.

SO Keleynal DO NOT JUST DRAG AND DROP STUFF IT DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY. dainjre IS 99% DRUNK ALL THE TIME, SOOOOOOOOOO THERE IS THAT! :)

I've had the flu since Monday night, please ignore my nyquil based drunken babbling.

I've had the flu since Monday night, please ignore my nyquil based drunken babbling.

I may have to add a drunk emoji just for you. It's like when Grandma comes over and rants about god knows what we just blame it on being drunk. Although she hasn't drank in many years...

LOL.

SO Keleynal DO NOT JUST DRAG AND DROP STUFF IT DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY. dainjre IS 99% DRUNK ALL THE TIME, SOOOOOOOOOO THERE IS THAT! :)

Drag and drop worked for moving my pictures over. It copied them instead of just moving them, so I still had to delete them from the SSD. I didn't try to move programs that way.

Drag and drop worked for moving my pictures over. It copied them instead of just moving them, so I still had to delete them from the SSD. I didn't try to move programs that way.

Yes pictures work programs don't.[DOUBLEPOST=1438402873,1438402851][/DOUBLEPOST]
https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3f38ed/guide_how_to_disable_data_logging_in_w10/

Follow these steps if you want to take extra precautions, if you don’t want Microsoft to acquire data from you. Didn’t find that link in this thread, so figured I might as well add it here.

Yeah you can disable it when installing too. I read some of it when installing and was like well that would be a cool feature if it didn't share my wifi password on facebook WTF

So for those that have upgraded do you suggest us plebeians to do the same? I am still running 7 because I am comfortable with the interface and know how to get around. Wasn't sure if I wanted to ditch my comfort for the latest/greatest.

So for those that have upgraded do you suggest us plebeians to do the same? I am still running 7 because I am comfortable with the interface and know how to get around. Wasn't sure if I wanted to ditch my comfort for the latest/greatest.

I ditched 7 a long time ago. 8.1 was a ton faster.
There is always Classic Shell you can download if you want the normal shit.

10 is good and happy with it.

I upgraded from 7, but I can't say anything about the OS yet. RL has kept me off my PC since the install.

My initial thought is that I'm going to have to either customize that Start menu or customize it pretty quickly. It pains me to look at.

I upgraded from 7, but I can't say anything about the OS yet. RL has kept me off my PC since the install.

My initial thought is that I'm going to have to either customize that Start menu or customize it pretty quickly. It pains me to look at.

You get really used to it. I like it more than the normal one actually but I am transitioning from 8 where it didn't exist. The search is great too.

Just install Classic Shell for the Win 7 look:

http://www.classicshell.net/

I was also able to update my nvidia drivers directly on windows 10. Just throwing that out there.

I was also able to update my nvidia drivers directly on windows 10. Just throwing that out there.

54143407.jpg

Anyone have a chance to play with any of the apps that shipped with 10? Anything noteworthy?

I use all third party apps like sunrise for calendar and such. Never been a windows app user.

Hey everyone, got an interesting tool for all you techie peoples that like to fuck with settings. To create a godmode folder in windows 10 (it's a folder that has links to access every setting on the entire computer) follow these steps...

1. Right click your desktop

2. Create a new folder

3. name the folder exactly this: GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

4. ???

5. profit

Top Bottom