What's new

Get Windows 10 NOW

Hey everyone, got an interesting tool for all you techie peoples that like to fuck with settings. To create a godmode folder in windows 10 (it's a folder that has links to access every setting on the entire computer) follow these steps...

1. Right click your desktop

2. Create a new folder

3. name the folder exactly this: GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

4. ???

5. profit

That's awesome. I remember doing this in 7. Glad to see it still works in 10.

I was finally able to upgrade last night.

So far, I like it a lot. I think I'll be able to sync pictures from our iPads using OneDrive pretty much automatically, so that will be nice. No more having to physically connect the iPad. I had trouble setting up music sharing, but I use iTunes anyway. So no big deal.

I thought it was cool that you can download maps and use them offline for free. It's pretty rare that my internet would be down, but having that is nice.

I'll have to get used to how everything is shifted over to the right because of that huge search bar. Maybe I can make that smaller when I'm not actually using it?

The search was really nice though. It finds stuff on the computer and online while you type it, like Google. I wish I could have it use Google for online rather than Bing, but that's probably asking too much. I want to get a new webcam/mic now so I can try out the facial recognition sign on and Cortana voice commands.

I'll be performing my upgrade the moment I'm back in Maryland! One of my friends I've been staying with in California upgraded while I was here. It was pretty cool checking it out and taking a look at the new edge browser... and yet its still not good enough to force me off of chrome :p

I'm long overdue for a OS reload too, so perfect timing! :D

God this freed up like 40 gigs!

windows-10-delete-old-os-100568342-gallery.png

Get rid of the old stuff
When you upgrade to Windows 10 over an existing Windows 7 or 8 installation, it keeps a copy of your old operating system around in a folder dubbed Windows.old just case you need to revert back for any reason. If you know you’re never going back you can delete that folder to reclaim the lost gigabytes—but it’s not as simple as right-clicking on it and selecting Delete.

Search for “Free up disk space by deleting unnecessary files”. Click the shortcut, select your primary hard drive (if you have multiple installed), and in the window that appears, click “Clean up system files.” After Windows thinks for a second, check the “Previous Windows installations” box in the list, then click OK and confirm you want to delete the files.

Top Bottom