What's new

IMPORTANT Gummy bears

Which gummy bear is best?

• Total voters
Is there a difference?
Black Forest gummy bears both taste better and have a better texture as compared to haribo bears from America. German ones I haven't tried but I'm sure their taste is good, however I prefer the softer texture anyway.

I don't eat gummi bears that often, but I do love jelly beans. The Natural Confectionary Company make the best jelly beans.

Shit's about to get real....

WAUL5fz.jpg

Smell,
Haribo- Bright and fruity
Forest- Intense artificial fruit & sugar

Size,
Haribo- Obvious winner
Forest- Smaller but they have hair texture. MMMM hair…

Feel,
Haribo- Softer and more pliable. Stayed in place for photos
Forest- Firm and not sticky or gummy in comparison, slid all over

Chew,
Haribo- Resistant, but yielding. Gummy should be soft after two bites
Forest- A brick that slowly melts
*When compared to the regular Haribo, Forest probably wins, however it's similar to the regular crunchy jaw workout version.
Haribo with fruit is the ABSOLUTE winner in soft and enjoyable chew. If you're a boxer get that original German style.

Flavor,
Haribo- Really bright but not as intense, this tastes so, so, so much less fake. As if crafted on a different planet.
*A couple flavors have the artificial explosion though. Dark = BOOM. Although my ears never tasted the flavor like Forest
Forest- As if a chemical factory exploded in my mouth and sugar is pouring out my nose. I think my ears can taste pineapple yellow still….
(I can only think of old 1950's era nuclear test videos as I look at the next flavor I have to try...)

I’ll be honest this isn’t even a competition.
On even playing ground with product to product Haribo does not defeat Black Forest it obliterates the family line.

Now, with most Americans having not experienced candies or sweets that use anything other than corn byproducts and cancer residues, they may not notice the flavor of things unless that chemical intensity reaches their ears so they can hear its red flavor. I mean wow, just wow...

One major consideration is that the version of Haribo widely available here is very different from the proper version. So, I completely understand why people like Black Forest better, however in a product to product comparison Black Forest is …. GARBAGE.
Any and every excuse in favor of Black Forest except for “I like chemicals and sugar diabetes.” is out the window in the side by side comparison. Hell, even if that’s true the Grape (darkest red) kicks Black Forests ass up and down.
I don't need to hear purple to recognize a grape god dammit.

Absolute and undeniable winner: Haribo
Sorry guys, but that’s my result.

HARIBO UBER ALLES

(Very happy that the Black forest has a resalable bag, because it will be closed for a very, very long time…)

qFx0nqG.jpg

Top Bottom