What's new

Wildstar If You Could Add Or Remove Something From Wildstar

They have said that each class will have about 40 skills to choose from with only 8 slots that you can use at any one time. Supposedly you can fully change your role by choosing different gear and skills. Not sure how they are gonna revamp the skill tree system if they even have one.

Has it been confirmed that you can change these skills in the middle of raids or do you need to see a npc like a talent tree respec?

-Ben-

Oh really? has that been confirmed anywhere or are you just guessing? I haven't seen it confirmed.
I'm pretty sure it was discussed during an interview that things can be finagled out of combat. They didn't want to need a "respec" cost initialized so that adaptability can be done on the fly and adjustments made accordingly from encounter to encounter in dungeons. Needing to tweak for changes in combat would be made accordingly, but not mid-fight.

This was an EARLY discussion, so things may have changed, but I haven't seen anything said since.

As a long time progression raiding tank who's set in my ways, I'd add sword and board as a tanking option. Silly warriors with their two handed weapons! :S

Remove: The LAS (not entirely.. just as a raider, I want a few more options)
Add: A pure action house. I could be totally wrong, but it sounds like they are going with the GW2 style of AH. I really enjoy playing the AH à la WoW.

From what I have seen the AH will have all the stuff that isn't commodities, and there will be a seperate commodity house. The CH will have stuff like crafting mats and CREDD where the lowest price sells first. The AH will have drops and crafted things and will work like the WoW AH. Also the AH will be only server wide, not world wide like GW2. Not sure how the CH will be.

From what I have seen the AH will have all the stuff that isn't commodities, and there will be a seperate commodity house. The CH will have stuff like crafting mats and CREDD where the lowest price sells first. The AH will have drops and crafted things and will work like the WoW AH. Also the AH will be only server wide, not world wide like GW2. Not sure how the CH will be.

Cool! If so, I retract my ADD :D

I think they built the CX around having CREDD to trade. Then probably added the other "commodity" items to fill it out. I'm not even sure if those items are gonna be on the CX

You are right though, I have made fortunes by using arbitrage on crafting mats. In GW2 I could buy hundreds or thousands of wood logs and turn them into planks for a nice 10 to 15 copper profit. multiply that by a thousand and I could make a few dozen gold in a few hours.

In wow it was even better going from crafting mats to crafted items. Gems and Scrolls made me over 1m gold in the lich king expansion.

I love the economy mini game of MMOs almost as much as raiding or doing the hardest thing with a group of friends.

I just want a better understanding of the circuit board. Or wish it were simpler. I've heard the game slowly shows you how it works as you level up. I had found this guide, but I just find it overcomplicated.

I'm cool with using the CX for CREDD, it would probably keep prices from getting out of control but hopefully still make it worthwhile. It is worth 20 bucks after all. But when you put gathered materials on there its just going to bottom out the market, even more so if they start doing cross server markets. I HATED that about GW2. That in turn will have a negative effect on crafted items. It will be interesting to see how CREDD plays a part in this. If the markets drop due to the constant automatic undercutting and possible cross server exchange, will CREDD become worthless? Will CREDD be the only thing of worth? Will people be able to sell CREDD and then buyout large portions of the market? The last thing I read from Carbine about this basically said they're still testing this, getting feedback from players and aren't sure what the final implementation is going to be yet.

I just want a better understanding of the circuit board. Or wish it were simpler. I've heard the game slowly shows you how it works as you level up. I had found this guide, but I just find it overcomplicated.

It just takes a read or two. He has a page in there where you can play with it to get the jist of it too.

I want branching storylines. Like in TBC, you picked either the Aldor or Scryers and worked with them. You couldn't have all the things, you had to make a choice. I like that.

I particularly want branching storylines in raids. Go left or right, kill the boss or redeem them. Stuff like that.

I want branching storylines. Like in TBC, you picked either the Aldor or Scryers and worked with them. You couldn't have all the things, you had to make a choice. I like that.

I particularly want branching storylines in raids. Go left or right, kill the boss or redeem them. Stuff like that.

Oooh.. had forgotten all about that.. I loved that too and would be so cool to see in raids. I'm hoping dungeons have choice period. I do like the epic raids with linear progression, but Ulduar was one of my favorite WoW instances (Flame Leviathan not included, as I'm not a fan of gimmicky fights :p) because you could make some choices over which bosses to hit up.

Oooh.. had forgotten all about that.. I loved that too and would be so cool to see in raids. I'm hoping dungeons have choice period. I do like the epic raids with linear progression, but Ulduar was one of my favorite WoW instances (Flame Leviathan not included, as I'm not a fan of gimmicky fights :p) because you could make some choices over which bosses to hit up.

Ulduar also had triggered hard modes. How you defeated the boss dictated the difficulty as well as the loot table. I loved it and was very sad when they didn't do the same thing in Icecrown.

Ulduar also had triggered hard modes. How you defeated the boss dictated the difficulty as well as the loot table.

What is odd about that is seemed the majority of progression guilds seemed to love that method of HMs. I never understood why they didn't continue that direction (or maybe they have since.. my last WoW raid tier was 11).

What is odd about that is seemed the majority of progression guilds seemed to love that method of HMs. I never understood why they didn't continue that direction (or maybe they have since.. my last WoW raid tier was 11).
They didn't. They still had achievements for defeating bosses under special conditions, but there was no loot rewards. Raids were just released in regular and heroic forms.

I like it with 1 version of the dungeon, but challenges that reward more than just an achievement. I am a whore for titles though.

Top Bottom