What's new

New Design!

A little too blocky IMO. Definitely needed a facelift and I like the direction it's going though

It gives me the impression that it's "not done loading" for some reason.
This, kinda. I thought the CSS hadn't fully loaded, honestly. I'm a huge font snob and really can't stand serif fonts, so it's throwing me off (and is also a huge personal taste thing, I know). I also miss the "bar" that framed the old navigation.

This, kinda. I thought the CSS hadn't fully loaded, honestly. I'm a huge font snob and really can't stand serif fonts, so it's throwing me off (and is also a huge personal taste thing, I know). I also miss the "bar" that framed the old navigation.

I completely agree! I liked the framed bar as well.

Fix it

NFTCX.png

8Dhb5.png

There so you can see side by side.

I'm not saying I have all the answers, just giving my opinion on the current status. :)

(edit: I think I just really liked the old site. I thought it was well done, one of the things that attracted me to the guild to begin with after watching some podcasts early in the BWEs.. I do front-end/UI work as my day job, and I found the site quite user friendly, so I was surprised to see the movement to redo it I guess.)

I agree, I like serif fonts more.

FONTS all set :)
BG added to the links!
rounded corners too!
Other shit done too! :)

Anywho the idea here is to get a more flexible template the one we were using had a lot of small quirks and very little room for expansion which is what we are doing :)

Nahku with the side by sides of the old site above and the site currently I think this look sleeker.. I am curious though as to what aspects of the old one that you preferred !

Indeed, it looks sleeker but for some reason I also thought it wasn't done loading (I'm too used to the old design hehe).
Well I can't complain :)

On a positive note I really really really like that the "inbox" and "alerts" got moved down. I think it's much easier to see and I like the placement. Good work Tristan! :)

On a positive note I really really really like that the "inbox" and "alerts" got moved down. I think it's much easier to see and I like the placement. Good work Tristan! :)
Yeah? I preferred it on top personally. I liked the old system, not it looks/feels out of place.

Yeah? I preferred it on top personally. I liked the old system, not it looks/feels out of place.

Lol Gyoin gets no posting rights in this thread due to his own "hate design" stance on things :)

On that note, that was one of the features I thought was coolest, FINALLY no more missing inbox messages!

I like the rounded corners and the menu box below the banner. The search box inside the banner and kinda greyed out seems off to me, I would personally put it in the space below the menu box.

Not sure on the font, but I'm sure its one of those things I wont notice in 2 days since I have no real feeling either way on it.

Edit: just noticed that there is no border or box on our whole avatar portrait like before. I liked that the whole thing including the name and "title" under the picture was our avatar. It felt more like a whole thing instead of just some text under our avatar.

... is really, really cool. I like it a lot. Thanks for implementing it!

For anyone who's interested, I changed the font to Open Sans and tweaked link appearance in Stylish for my own nefarious purposes.
Code:
@-moz-document domain("alttabme.com") {
body,
body.mceforcecolors,
.sidebar,
.message .messageText,
.message .signature,
.bbCodeBlock .type {
  font-family: "Open Sans", sans-serif !important;
}

.navTabs,
.node .nodeTitle,
.sidebar .visitorPanel .username,
.discussionListItems .unread .title a,
.sidebar .visitorPanel .stats dd,
.newsDate,
.sidebar .section .primaryContent h3,
.sidebar .section .secondaryContent h3,
.profilePage .mast .section.infoBlock h3,
span.channel-subline-unlocked,
.sidebar .section .primaryContent h3 a,
.sidebar .section .secondaryContent h3 a,
.discussionListItem .stats .major,
.discussionListItem .title,
.discussionListItem .lastPostInfo .username,
.titleBar h1,
h3.userText a {
  font-family: "Open Sans Semibold", sans-serif !important;
}

.message .messageText a,
.message .messageText a:visited,
.message .signature a,
.message .signature a:visited {
  font-family: "Open Sans Semibold", sans-serif !important;
  color: #c41514 !important;
}

.message .messageText a:hover,
.message .messageText a:active,
.message .signature a:hover,
.message .signature a:active {
  color: #ed2c2c !important;
}

a {
  text-decoration: none !important;
}
}

Tristan, if you want to make this part of the CSS, stick the code below in the header. Your call. Everyone else just needs Stylish and Open Sans installed.
HTML:
<link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans:400italic,600italic,400,600' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>

One thing: Do you want me to make some custom smilies to replace the blue ones we used to have? Maybe simple and minimalist red, white, and black (or replacing red with a different color for each emotion, since I know you'll want a pink one)? Or making them all look like octopuses (more difficult)?

Top Bottom