What's new

New Design!

Love it so far, a bit on the grey side, but it's nice and easy on the eyes. ^^
I love the subtle greys between the discussion lists aka a topic and replies.

The old site was actually a brighter white and it was killing me.

I like texture and light greys.

This delineates the posts clearer. :) The other site def had the same color scheme though. Just had a lot more bright white and the scuffed up background for the main page, which was just temp till I could figure out a cool BG. So All in all seems like it is shaping up nicely. Glad you said it is easy on the eyes :) makes me happy!

I wish that were the case. It actually is a little more stupid than that :) But thanks I will put this on the to do list to clean up remaining fonts.
Doh! is it using some sort of theme-based portal-files nonsense to build the CSS? =/

I love the subtle greys between the discussion lists aka a topic and replies.

The old site was actually a brighter white and it was killing me.

I like texture and light greys.

This delineates the posts clearer. :) The other site def had the same color scheme though. Just had a lot more bright white and the scuffed up background for the main page, which was just temp till I could figure out a cool BG. So All in all seems like it is shaping up nicely. Glad you said it is easy on the eyes :) makes me happy!
The new site is growing on me bit by bit, and I agree the colors are a better on the eyes indeed. Did you have any plans for the user-info-area thing (name, message count, likes, etc.), besides hopefully making it something like trebuchet MS? Maybe something in between what it used to be, and what it is now?

I personally really like the new design. I really like the minimalistic approach you've taken with it.
Suggestions / Feedback:
  • I personally don't like how a serif font is used for almost everything. I think it works as the font for the actual message, but it makes the rest of the page slightly less legible (especially at small font sizes).
  • The two bars at the top should be slightly more spaced out, and the arrow between them shouldn't overlap with the bars.
  • The fact that the word "Search" in the search bar is positioned over the white dragon logo makes it a little hard to distinguish.
I really like the direction you've taken with the design though. Nice job.

I personally really like the new design. I really like the minimalistic approach you've taken with it.
Suggestions / Feedback:
  • I personally don't like how a serif font is used for almost everything. I think it works as the font for the actual message, but it makes the rest of the page slightly less legible (especially at small font sizes).
Which parts do you not like with the serif font? Screenshots help me to decipher. Still working on fine tuning the fonts.
  • The two bars at the top should be slightly more spaced out, and the arrow between them shouldn't overlap with the bars.
Will look into this.
  • The fact that the word "Search" in the search bar is positioned over the white dragon logo makes it a little hard to distinguish.
LOVE THIS, sorry executive decision haha :)
I really like the direction you've taken with the design though. Nice job.

Here's a screenshot before/after of what I was getting at. Subtle, but I think it helps break things out a bit more in the user info area (and fixes the font ;) )

qjkYQ.jpg

Here's a screenshot before/after of what I was getting at. Subtle, but I think it helps break things out a bit more in the user info area (and fixes the font ;) )

~snip~
This is essentially exactly what I think it should be changed to look like.

Heh, I keep feeling tempted to wipe the "dust" off of my screen thanks to the grainy backgrounds. :)

After getting over the first "Ugh, this is unfamiliar!" phase, I'm happy with the changes!
I'm not too thrilled about the bold fonts in the forum thread titles, but again - I'm sure it's just a matter of getting used to them.

Overall nice work!
-brucethumbsup-

Very small thing, might even be intentional, but... I noticed the chat submit button (not that I use it) is all lonely on its own line now in chrome:

eRhS0.png

It's fixed by changing this css somehow:
Code:
#taigachat_sidebar #taigachat_message {
width: 193px;

-to-

Code:
width: 183px;

IH81g.png

Very small thing, might even be intentional, but... I noticed the chat submit button (not that I use it) is all lonely on its own line now in chrome:

It's fixed by changing this css somehow:
Code:
width: 193px;

-to-

Code:
width: 183px;

THIS is the kinda shit that is invaluable THANK you. And fixed :)

Top Bottom