What's new

OBS setup Tips and Tricks

I noticed you upped your max bitrate from the default of 1000 to 3500. Does that depend on your upload speeds?

Is there a way to crop the picture of the webcam in OBS? I have a lot of space left and right and I would like to get rid of it.

Having problems with my Mic sounding good on my stream. Don't know why. Using a a Sennheiser PC360 headset. Haven't spent too long fiddling. Anyone got any quick settings adjustments I can check?

Having problems with my Mic sounding good on my stream. Don't know why. Using a a Sennheiser PC360 headset. Haven't spent too long fiddling. Anyone got any quick settings adjustments I can check?

If you are in mumble I can do it with you. I don´t really have a guide though.

Buy studio mic

Sent from Moto X using Tapatalk.

Wafflezzbutt I found a pretty good audio guide when I was setting my stream up. I'll try to find it when I get home and link it (might be after raid tonight depending on traffic)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wafflezz use this thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/2bw5kb/a_general_guide_to_microphones_what_to_buy_and_eq/

Scroll down to when he starts talking about setting up your mic in Windows and then move onto OBS after that. I was having mic issues when I first started but was able to get it worked out after following his instructions.

Hope this helps.

Anyone know how to get music to play in the background? I have read about 10 different 'help' forums and posts on different pages all with complex, in-depth answers and solutions. I have tried a lot of different things, but I cant seem to get it right. I have spotify, I have my audio/mic/speakers set to the same output. So lost!

Also...how do i get my live stream to pop up on the website?

Anyone know how to get music to play in the background? I have read about 10 different 'help' forums and posts on different pages all with complex, in-depth answers and solutions. I have tried a lot of different things, but I cant seem to get it right. I have spotify, I have my audio/mic/speakers set to the same output. So lost!

Also...how do i get my live stream to pop up on the website?

OBS should be picking up whatever you hear, so if you have music playing on Spotify you should be able to have that playing in the background and just turn your game music down. If you want the song playing to actually show up as text on your screen then that's a different question and there's a program you can download to import a text file into OBS.

As for getting your stream on TAB, tr1age had a link on his status a week or so ago. Just go to his profile page on here and click the link.

Just be aware they mute parts of your broadcast playing copywritten music if you plan on highlighting anything

OBS should be picking up whatever you hear, so if you have music playing on Spotify you should be able to have that playing in the background and just turn your game music down. If you want the song playing to actually show up as text on your screen then that's a different question and there's a program you can download to import a text file into OBS.

As for getting your stream on TAB, tr1age had a link on his status a week or so ago. Just go to his profile page on here and click the link.

Awesome! Thanks so much!

Hey all,

I'm going to be using OBS to record our dnd sessions on roll 20. I've gotten everything set up, but now I am having trouble taking that recording and making it into a playable video (like on youtube or something). Does anyone have any tips or can walk me through how to do that?

The recording is very long, it's like over 4 hours for each session, so I assume there will need to be a program to condense the file size or something? Idk. I've never done anything like this before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Export to MP4 instead of flv from obs if possible. Then compress to h.264 in premiere or Vegas. They both come with 30 day free trials.

Export to MP4 instead of flv from obs if possible. Then compress to h.264 in premiere or Vegas. They both come with 30 day free trials.

It already records as an MP4. As for premiere or vegas, what kind of software is that? User friendly? Because I am very...very...very...very not tech savvy. I need something super easy to understand.

Vegas than is the easiest it gets unless you have iMovie or do they make movie maker anymore for windows?

Top Bottom