What's new

FPS Overwatch

If I actually get into this game it may mean a return to twitch
I hope we can all get into it together. Seems like an easy game for us all to finally group up in!

Just need to make sure to log into mumble and get into the over watch channels so we all know who is on.

I think we will even offer special collectibles and credits to participants :)

Last edited:
I'm so confused. You weren't gonna play with TAB after pestering me to apply for beta?

*ponyerr:

Lol it's more of a sarcastic joke. <3 Tristan sometimes busts my balls because I tend to play solo in a lot of games (mostly because I play in a methodical pattern and it fricks me up when I'm taken off my path). This game is all about group stuff tho, so don't worry!

Lol it's more of a sarcastic joke. <3 Tristan sometimes busts my balls because I tend to play solo in a lot of games (mostly because I play in a methodical pattern and it fricks me up when I'm taken off my path). This game is all about group stuff tho, so don't worry!
No worries. I'm probably only gonna last 5 minutes with my lack of shooting skills lol !!!

This video was awesome. It broke down a lot of the gameplay and how the game is being balanced to adapt your playstyle on the fly. While I'll have a type of character I prefer I know I'll need to have a few that I'm good with to fill in teams with. I kind of like the limit of group size because it makes you think about your team composition and character choices. In TF2 you could get away with everyone playing soldier if you really wanted to but here it seems like you'll be at a larger disadvantage.

This video was awesome. It broke down a lot of the gameplay and how the game is being balanced to adapt your playstyle on the fly. While I'll have a type of character I prefer I know I'll need to have a few that I'm good with to fill in teams with. I kind of like the limit of group size because it makes you think about your team composition and character choices. In TF2 you could get away with everyone playing soldier if you really wanted to but here it seems like you'll be at a larger disadvantage.

I agree. Team comp and switching between heroes you are strong with can mean the difference between winning or losing. This is why their decision to allow multiple of the same heroes confuses me.

I feel like you are intentionally removing some of the depth of the game by doing this. You also run the risk of simple cookie cutter team comps with more experienced teams. Whatever works best will be the norm...i.e. 2 Mercy and 3 pharahs completely nuke face....that is all you'd see.

It also confuses me since they have multiple characters in each area of expertise with a limited team size...so why allow the whole team to select one char?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

So there is a bunch of footage out there from a beta preview they did yesterday.

Really liking this streamer Ellohoime.

There are a few other streamers that were invited so there is a lot of video out there now.

Anyway it looks like it forces you to be a bit dynamic, so having favorite characters across a couple of archetypes isnt a bad idea since switching in match can be crucial. Granted you kinda did that in TF2 but the large team count enabled you to remain with a favorite class for whole matches.

Another thing that I am not sure I like is the ability to have multiple of the same heroes on a team. It will be interesting to see how that plays out and the ruleset that eSport matches adopt out of it. Granted its still beta so those things could fluctuate. Anyway I am super excited to go completely crazy on this game.

EDIT: DAT PHARAH DOE. Can't wait to try her out.

I planned on watching one match but ended up watching over half the video. Looks like a lot of fun. Although I can't stand when companies say their game is going to be an esport before it's even released. It just seems like a marketing gimmick. As long as I don't have to watch mountain dew and dorito commercials between rounds I guess it doesn't affect me.

I planned on watching one match but ended up watching over half the video. Looks like a lot of fun. Although I can't stand when companies say their game is going to be an esport before it's even released. It just seems like a marketing gimmick. As long as I don't have to watch mountain dew and dorito commercials between rounds I guess it doesn't affect me.
Yeah I agree Esports are determined by the players not the companies ;)

So there is a bunch of footage out there from a beta preview they did yesterday.

Really liking this streamer Ellohoime.

There are a few other streamers that were invited so there is a lot of video out there now.

Anyway it looks like it forces you to be a bit dynamic, so having favorite characters across a couple of archetypes isnt a bad idea since switching in match can be crucial. Granted you kinda did that in TF2 but the large team count enabled you to remain with a favorite class for whole matches.

Another thing that I am not sure I like is the ability to have multiple of the same heroes on a team. It will be interesting to see how that plays out and the ruleset that eSport matches adopt out of it. Granted its still beta so those things could fluctuate. Anyway I am super excited to go completely crazy on this game.

EDIT: DAT PHARAH DOE. Can't wait to try her out.

Ok I finally watched some of this and it looks stupid fun.

I'd rather play with you two than with randoms anyday
Amen I would rather have fun with friends than be IMBA with random fuckers. I am all about the fun moments rather than the win. :) I still play hard though and enjjoy it. But not gonna break anything if I don't haa.

Amen I would rather have fun with friends than be IMBA with random fuckers. I am all about the fun moments rather than the win. :) I still play hard though and enjjoy it. But not gonna break anything if I don't haa.

Im about....both...yeah both is good.

Top Bottom