What's new

Pokemon X/Y Megathread

When pokebank hits, I'll have all the starters from my old games. Doesn't help you this second, but I do have them :)

Awesome, I think my friend from school is gonna breed me the Johto ones, so thats another set done. I need to get my hands on a copy of BW or BW2, so I can port my gen III legendaries into Y...I don't think I'll get another deoxys anytime soon haha.

Ugh. I beat the main story and I want to get into online battling, but i just seems like so much work. I mean, if you don't have a full perfect IV and EV trained team you might as well not try. Even then, I might make the effort but I know with PokeBank people are just going to bring over there hacked Pokemon which really ruins multiplayer for me.

It's really not that hard to breed in this gen. read some guides online, it really doesn't take too long

Ditto on the breeding. It takes some practice but once you get into a groove you can do it rather easily. I suggest reading up on some of the breeding guides (there are plenty out now) and sitting with your DS and a pad of paper to start. Writing the things out seemed to help me pick up on the concepts when I first started.

What I do when making a team is pretty simple.

1. Pick a pokemon that I think would be really fun to have on my team, or a team concept (weather, ability abuse, gimmicky, stalls, etc).
2. After the first pokemon I pick, think of a pokemon that would be it's absolute best counter, or what would cover it's best weaknesses. Add second to cover this.
3. Continue step 2 for 2-5.
4. The 6th pokemon should be something that people don't expect. Something that is outside of the meta. Something that doesn't "belong", but still works with your team ideas and concepts.

Check out smogon.com for some ideas.

Yes! Mentioned it earlier in chat.

I have transferred about 20+ boes from my white and black2 games. It. Takes. Forever. You can only transfer 1 box at a time and it requires you to move everything to box 1 in game, then use the transporter, then go to the bank and move them from the transporter box to a different box. Repeat.

Yes! Mentioned it earlier in chat.

I have transferred about 20+ boes from my white and black2 games. It. Takes. Forever. You can only transfer 1 box at a time and it requires you to move everything to box 1 in game, then use the transporter, then go to the bank and move them from the transporter box to a different box. Repeat.

You think that's bad? Just imagine the little data elf that has to drag your heavy ass boxes back and forth all day. When is he gonna catch a break, huh??

You think that's bad? Just imagine the little data elf that has to drag your heavy ass boxes back and forth all day. When is he gonna catch a break, huh??

ehh they just employ Machamps. They can handle the heavy boxes, they are just slow

I've been kicking all of my friends' butts here at college but I'm still deathly afraid of online since my team isn't streamlined at all. I just can't give up the Pokemon that carried me through the game.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom