What's new

Wildstar [POLL] What Role Do You Want to Play in Wildstar?

What Archetype will YOU play at Release?

• DPS

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Tank

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Healer

Votes: 22 38.6%

• Total voters

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
We are curious: What roll do you think you will be playing in Wildstar. Fuck Classes or information. We are talking Archetype:

• DPS
  • TANK
  • HEALER
Obviously you can heal and DPS or DPS and Heal.

As well you can DPS and Tank or Tank and DPS.

As well there will be hybrids... But fuck it all, which one Archetype calls your name the most!

We wanna know what you WANT to play and plan on playing. So choose wisely! (because obviously this poll is what we will hold you to on release.... NOT)

It will however give us a feel for what we have a LOT of and not enough of.

I feel like "hybrid" in this game will be dependent on your gear chipping and your choosen 8 skills. That said, it will be easy to swap in and out those 8 skills depending on an encounter, but harder to have another set of gear just lying around if you wish to being doing a role such as main healer or main tank.

So seriously don't choose off the Hyrbid idea but the Archetype idea.

Go go go!

DPS! I'll most likely grind off spec gear for tanking as I enjoy that as well. I should warn you though, I'm kind of a big deal. I have pwned the damage meters in all my previous raiding groups, though I haven't had one this big in a long time. I'm extremely competitive when it comes to maximizing my damage and comparing e-peens. Hopefully mine will stand erect with the best of them!

I love playing healer/hybrid classes - a good example for me would be the shaman from EQ1/WoW. Even more than playing a healer, I like mezzing critters, so if CC is viable I'll be all over it! Of course, if we end up needing tanks, I'll volunteer for it as well - although my high-end experience with tanking is minimal, having only played an EQ1 paladin to max during LDoN.

DPS! I'll most likely grind off spec gear for tanking as I enjoy that as well. I should warn you though, I'm kind of a big deal. I have pwned the damage meters in all my previous raiding groups, though I haven't had one this big in a long time. I'm extremely competitive when it comes to maximizing my damage and comparing e-peens. Hopefully mine will stand erect with the best of them!

This is why I stopped the DPS game, the DPS meter imo is a waste of space. Sorry, not trying to poop on your e-peen status, but Max damage does not trump skilled play EVER. I hated when raids had DPS meters and I was watching rogue after rogue fall around me, and even though they had bursts, I had sustained DPS and didn't die. There is more to DPS and being a DPS class than burning down a target IMO. Self awareness and sufficiency is JUST has important.

This is why I stopped the DPS game, the DPS meter imo is a waste of space. Sorry, not trying to poop on your e-peen status, but Max damage does not trump skilled play EVER. I hated when raids had DPS meters and I was watching rogue after rogue fall around me, and even though they had bursts, I had sustained DPS and didn't die. There is more to DPS and being a DPS class than burning down a target IMO. Self awareness and sufficiency is JUST has important.

Well that goes hand in hand. To have the highest damage done, also requires me staying alive. Which I have done. :D (also not sure if it came across this way, but I was kind of joking about the e-peen) Plus that involves the self awareness which I totally support and execute.

Well that goes hand in hand. To have the highest damage done, also requires me staying alive. Which I have done. :D (also not sure if it came across this way, but I was kind of joking about the e-peen) Plus that involves the self awareness which I totally support and execute.

Yeah your text to sarcasm ratio is lower than mine :) Welcome to Lost in Txtlation! :)

Yeah your text to sarcasm ratio is lower than mine :) Welcome to Lost in Txtlation! :)

<3 Just saying, I won't ignore all mechanics and take damage from AOEs just to hit number 1 on recount. I just enjoy trying to hit number 1 while playing smart :D (I do think this will be more of a challenge in Wildstar than compared to WoW)

I have the most experience playing a healer, but this time around I'm going to focus on tanking.

The WS targeting system looks to make tanking a lot more interesting and skillful than just simply mashing abilities in the correct rotation. I love positioning and movement in combat when engaging dungeon and raid bosses, so I look forward to using a system that optimizes that.

If able, I will offspec dps to use while solo so it doesn't take years on end to kill mobs solo.*lick:

I ushually like going full DPS.....but might try a more DPS/Tanky hybrid build
It will be interesting to see if hybridy builds will work for PvE in WS. In previous games I played, you had to be hardcore in one or be subpar at both, which didn't work well for raiding. It'd be awesome if there is a place for true hybrids in the late PvE game.

It will be interesting to see if hybridy builds will work for PvE in WS. In previous games I played, you had to be hardcore in one or be subpar at both, which didn't work well for raiding. It'd be awesome if there is a place for true hybrids in the late PvE game.

I have only played one game where i could be super tanky and deal a lot of damage in pvp and pve including raiding.I too hope there is something for those who like hybrids but if not i dont mind being the DPS build

I have only played one game where i could be super tanky and deal a lot of damage in pvp and pve including raiding.I too hope there is something for those who like hybrids but if not i dont mind being the DPS build
It's tough because if they make hybrid options too good, they stop being options. For example, a full tank spec that does 1k dps vs a hybrid spec that holds aggro and takes hits just as well, but deals 2000 dps. No one would be able to take the full tank spec and remain competitive and desirable for raiding and it would actually limit choice rather than create it. It is the blessing and curse of min/maxing.

It's tough because if they make hybrid options too good, they stop being options. For example, a full tank spec that does 1k dps vs a hybrid spec that holds aggro and takes hits just as well, but deals 2000 dps. No one would be able to take the full tank spec and remain competitive and desirable for raiding and it would actually limit choice rather than create it. It is the blessing and curse of min/maxing.

i agree but if they could find a good balance to where it could be a option it would be awsome :eek:mg:

46.jpg
http://www.darklegacycomics.com/46.html

I feel like "hybrid" in this game will be dependent on your gear chipping and your choosen 8 skills. That said, it will be easy to swap in and out those 8 skills depending on an encounter, but harder to have another set of gear just lying around if you wish to being doing a role such as main healer or main tank.

I think the best 'hybrid' options will be to take a skill or two from the off-spec in order to increase utility. Like those clutch heals for when you (or the raid) are in trouble.

I voted Tanking. Maybe I won't be a Warrior Tank, but I will probably tank.

Then again, maybe its time to break the mould and do something totally different.

lol i think this one best describes what im like most the time
1008xNx8.jpg.pagespeed.ic.xtR_c7ZR_u.jpg

i went for DPS, if i do ranged DPS+AOE i will hopefully manage to stay out of trouble easier

Top Bottom