What's new

Wildstar [POLL] What Role Do You Want to Play in Wildstar?

What Archetype will YOU play at Release?

• DPS

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Tank

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Healer

Votes: 22 38.6%

• Total voters
Either tank or healer for me, most likely healer. depends on the mechanics really, from the video about aiming seems healing will be quite interesting same with tanking. never been a fan of dps, having the power to save or destroy someone is awesome lol.

just so you know i charge 1 gold per 1 hps haha (i'm serious, best give that gold if you want them tasty heals)

I always consider myself a faction when it comes to healing. So if you piss me off to much, I will put you on heal ignore and try to heal around you.

I've only ever play as a sword and board tank. The fact that in Wildstar the board is a blade-whirling gauntlet of death only further entices me to stay the course and tank my heart away. It's also pretty fun letting an over-zealous DPS build past your threat and scare them shit-less before pulling it back under control. -brucethumbsup-

when i say AOE damage i mean i want to be like a OP ranged AOE damage dealer. I just want people to stand in all the red circles i throw down, is that so hard to ask XD
anyway regardless of what class/race/style i choose to play, as stated before. i will die often and most likely more than i should

Healers really are the unsung heroes. They get the blame on a lot of wipes, but not a lot of the credit since most people focus on damage meters.

Very true, the amount of times i was blamed in Wow. Expecting me to heal 600 million dmg when they're standing in crap.

All this talk of tanking/healing/dpsing.. looking forward to the trinity in Wildstar! I kind of took it for granted at the time, but some of the old WoW raids and harder original heroics were a hell of a lot of fun with a good group. It's amazing how frustrating they could be without one though.. or hilarious in hindsight? Good old hindsight.

Very true, the amount of times i was blamed in Wow. Expecting me to heal 600 million dmg when they're standing in crap.
Positioning is going to be even more important in WildStar. The fact that they have dedicated healers means that some damage will be unavoidable, but I have a feeling that no amount of healing will make up for bad tactics. Which is at it should be.

Good raid leaders keep the healer bashing down. In both my hardcore raiding guilds, the benefit of the doubt always went to the healer especially when dps died. Our general stance was that 90% of the time dps could keep themselves from dying if they stopped trying to pad the damage meters.

If the healing in WS will be aiming based and telegraph based the healers jobs will be a million times harder.

Age of Conan was the game where the healers got thanked. It was amazing. :)

This was maybe because it was so difficult to be a healer in that game. I failed, and played a tank for the first time. Maybe Mithra priest was just the wrong class for me...

This was maybe because it was so difficult to be a healer in that game. I failed, and played a tank for the first time. Maybe Mithra priest was just the wrong class for me...

I managed to do it ok. my main problem was i wasnt entirely sure how i was healing as well as i was.
basically spammed all my skills and it worked XD

I managed to do it ok. my main problem was i wasnt entirely sure how i was healing as well as i was.
basically spammed all my skills and it worked XD

You are right, feedback for healing is always very difficult. Do you check how much you healed? How much Overheal you did? How high the lowest percentage of health was on the party members at any time? How well you handled your mana?

You are right, feedback for healing is always very difficult. Do you check how much you healed? How much Overheal you did? How high the lowest percentage of health was on the party members at any time? How well you handled your mana?
This was a big thing for me in WoW. I was healing as a disc priest and the other main healer was a pally. He always gave me a hard time because his hps and overall healing was way higher than mine. However, his overhealing was astronomical, something like 5-6xs as much as mine. Mana really wasn't an issue for pallys at the time, so he basically just spammed the tank. Nothing at all wrong with that style and it worked great, but I felt like the metrics were very lopsided. Especially considering there were no measures in place on my shielding which prevented a ton of damage from even happening.

I'm hoping that WS has a damage prevention style healer. I really like that utility vs a pure healbot.

This was a big thing for me in WoW. I was healing as a disc priest and the other main healer was a pally. He always gave me a hard time because his hps and overall healing was way higher than mine. However, his overhealing was astronomical, something like 5-6xs as much as mine. Mana really wasn't an issue for pallys at the time, so he basically just spammed the tank. Nothing at all wrong with that style and it worked great, but I felt like the metrics were very lopsided. Especially considering there were no measures in place on my shielding which prevented a ton of damage from even happening.

I'm hoping that WS has a damage prevention style healer. I really like that utility vs a pure healbot.

Know what you mean.

both would be nice :), im more for pure healing ( was a shaman) i liked knowing each spell i cast was healing or doing something to the health bar haha. felt nervous trying out priest lol

I love overhealing. I was a spamadin during WotLK, probably cast flash of light more than a thousand times a fight. It just meant I could slack off/get trashed and still be effective, haha. Clique was probably my most abused addon.:bananasex:

Know what you mean.

both would be nice :), im more for pure healing ( was a shaman) i liked knowing each spell i cast was healing or doing something to the health bar haha. felt nervous trying out priest lol
I was the guy with the instant cast shield that kept the stupid dps in the fire alive for that extra .5 seconds so your chain heal could save the raid from wiping over their dumasses. Freakin huntards, swear to God.

Top Bottom