What's new

Overwatch POLL: Will you be purchasing Overwatch?

Overwatch, will it be part of your game library?

• Total voters

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
Ok here it is, we know the release date(approximately, we know you can pre-order, we know the prices.

Will you and which will you be getting?

Or will this title not make it to your game library?

http://us.battle.net/overwatch/en/buy/

Let us know why you made your decisions in the thread below!

ALL PRE-PURCHASE GET THE NOIR SKIN FOR THE SNIPER CHICK

Standard:
21 Heroes and base game

Origins:
21 HEROES
5 ORIGIN SKINS
  • Overgrown Bastion
  • Blackwatch Reyes
  • Slipstream Tracer
  • Strike-Commander Morrison
  • Security Chief Pharah
DIGITAL GOODIES
  • Tracer Hero
  • Baby Winston Pet
  • Overwatch Card Back
  • Mercy’s Wings
  • Player Portraits
Collectors:
The Overwatch™ Collector’s Edition includes everything in Overwatch: Origins Edition, plus:

• Visual Sourcebook
  • Soundtrack
  • Soldier: 76 Statue

Last edited:
Still seems like a fun game to play, I would buy it and still play it, I'm glad its buy to play, keeps hackers out of it so we can have some legit games.

I am torn between the 40$ and 60$, on one hand I don't need any skins or extras cause

A: you can't see your character in an FPS
B: A cardback for hearthstone is useless ultimately
C: Wings in Diablo would be great if I played Diablo more lol
D: I will get to see all the cool skins by playing with people who have them
E: There will probably be more skins later on that I will want.

I agree the pay to play is a great idea less hackers.

I will not be pre-ordering it until closer to release however.

Last edited:
Thats true, some of skins I wouldn't use because I wouldn't play some of the heroes. Some stuff to think about for sure.

Already paid $60. It's fun as hell and I actually really like the skins.

That said, the $130 collectors is a waaaaaste IMO. Soldier 76 statuette? Pffffft.

What about the new heroes that come out will you have to buy them as well? Because if that's the case I'm gonna be pretty turned off by this actually. Skins is one thing but if you buy a game you should at least get the heroes.

"There will be no more heroes at launch. At launch its 21 heroes: what you see is what you get." Jeff said. "Whether in the future Overwatch has more heroes is sort of a TBD to us." Quote from Jeff Kaplan Game Director of Overwatch.

Pretty much sums up how im feeling at the moment. These political dance around the questions answers don't really do it for me. OBVIOUSLY they will release more heroes at some point. I mean how else are they gonna make money when they run out of skin ideas? I just would like to know brass tax.
yeah like an expansion or a buy per hero/

I have a feeling they'd go with expansion of some sort.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Definitely buying this game, but probably wont preorder unless it comes with beta access, I just dont got the money laying around with november's huge line up of new releases.

I like how RB6 Siege is doing it. Free maps to avoid splitting the community, buy new operators with in game or real currency. Not sure how well that would work with Overwatch though. It seems like you need to switch through most of the heroes throughout the match for counters.

Q4BGCnO.jpg

Right now there is absolutely no reason to preorder. It's not like they're going to run out and you don't get anything you can use today. You will basically just hand over your money to Blizzard for nothing.

I am also in agreement with dainjre. What is the pay structure going to be like after release? Are we only going to be paying for skins or whenever they decide to introduce new heroes will we need to pay for those as well?

What if they created all this buzz just to get people talking about the controversial topic, only to then release the "good path" as reality today to boost pre-orders further?

Use the hive mind mentality as a positive tactic

Not getting.

They could have easily gone the MOBA structure where the initial game is free but you can pay to unlock content faster.

Smite: You pay $39.99 and you get all the gods plus future gods. You still have to purchase skin with money made in-game or gems you buy with real money. GREAT structure for this type of game.

LoL: is pretty much the same as Smite without the one time get one gods/champions.

League is still at the top of the circle for competitive and fun gaming structure. The only reason that they are going this route is for one reason and one reason only. Because it says Blizzard.

I would like transparency, Blizzard's CIA approach is old and outdated these days. We are no longer excited about "Surprises" we are instant news generation. And we also like to know what we are spending our cash on.

That being said, the game is super fleshed out and if the 40$ bought me just the game they released in beta it would be worth it for the time I would clock into it. But I still don't like being in the dark.

If I pre-order it will be ONE DAY before launch so I don't feed that damn mentality of pre-order.

Sadly you would need the entire Blizzard following to do the same to make a difference.

Top Bottom