What's new

Overwatch POLL: Will you be purchasing Overwatch?

Overwatch, will it be part of your game library?

• Total voters
I'm most likely to pass on this game. If I do get it, it will be after it comes out.

I dig B2P models. Hands down my favorite way to game.

Like tr1age, though, I'm not seeing the need for the prorder bonuses and like NSNPanda, I'd probably do it if they gave beta access #stillbitter.

TIG - I generally dislike FPSes but I'm excited for OW because... well, Blizz.

I'll pre purchase if I can get into beta /wink~
But honestly I'll likely do the collectors edition, yolol~

I'm not even sure Blizzard knows what they want to do with future heroes yet. I think Eurogamer has a great take on it. He says this game is built around countering heroes. If you put heroes that counter others behind a pay wall it kind of sours the experience.

I don't think any of us are against paying for cosmetic items. No one wants to fork over $40+ to only have to keep throwing money into a game if they want to continue to play. This isn't WoW where we need a subscription model. It should be B2P with a shop for cosmetics. Any future heroes should be included in the box price unless they come out with some kind of expansion in the future.

I'm not even sure Blizzard knows what they want to do with future heroes yet. I think Eurogamer has a great take on it. He says this game is built around countering heroes. If you put heroes that counter others behind a pay wall it kind of sours the experience.

I don't think any of us are against paying for cosmetic items. No one wants to fork over $40+ to only have to keep throwing money into a game if they want to continue to play. This isn't WoW where we need a subscription model. It should be B2P with a shop for cosmetics. Any future heroes should be included in the box price unless they come out with some kind of expansion in the future.

I highly doubt Blizzard would put some sort of necessary hero that is used to efficiently counter another behind a paywall only, unless they made it reasonably obtainable with some sort of in game play. They are pushing esports to the max with Overwatch, it would be silly to block characters like that and turn people off.

I mean, if the game was f2p, I wouldn't mind buying new heroes with cash or in game currency... But if I have to buy the game and buy just a stand alone hero (not an expansion, I'm fine paying for expansions) then that is definitely not okay for me.

The (pretty much only) reason I am passing is that I suck at and I don't have much fun playing FPS games. The only reason I would play is to hang with TABbers.

Will most likely go for the the Orgins Edition, but still torn on which version I'll go for in the end. Won't be preordering anytime soon though with the number of games I am planning on getting this month.

Still hoping for that awesome beta invite!

Listening to pc gamers interview with Kaplan and Metzen should ease your minds a but when it comes to how they are aiming for heroes and maps. They want he entire game to be accessible to everyone. Not paywall it.

Buy to play allows that.

Will there be micro for costumes. Duh. Be dumb not to.

But overall I think they are doing it right for the time being. Still don't want to pre order cause I dislike that system. Unless it is UO. I used to be the first at the store for the UO expansions so o could land grab. I had some amazing spots from that.

Even wow I was at the ea store picking up and playing for like 4 day straight. God that was fun wth Zakis and my friend chris.

Anywho, I think we are good and from beta it is a super solid game I look forward to playing with everyone who purchases it.

The good news is AS IS we almost have enough to fill an entire lobby with just TAB players! and DEF have enough for a full team! :)

How many of you passing dislike FPS games. :)
I like single-player FPS with good campaigns like Half-Life. I'm passing out on pre-ordering, because I´m in house Biscuit.
maxresdefault.jpg

I agree with the whole do not preorder thing.

Although...

I feel Blizzard is the exception to the rule. The reason for not preordering is to not reward companies who put out unfinished games. Blizzard is the gold standard of putting out a game when its ready and not before, and supplying content after the fact.

Blizzard is the gold standard of putting out a game when its ready and not before

The only other facet I feel should be mentioned is - Activision Blizzard now. I don't know how much Activision really has their hands on this, but that is something to be wary of.

I somewhat agree with you TIG but if there are no incentives to pre-order up until the week of release what is the point? I can pre-order today to unlock skins that I'll use when the game is played, but if I preorder today or 6 months from now I'll still get the same perks. There needs to be an immediate reason to preorder for me to part way with my money now instead of later.

Blizzard is the gold standard of putting out a game when its ready and not before, and supplying content after the fact.
My experience with Warlords of Dreanor showed me, that not even Blizzard can be trusted. I couldn't play for almost 2 weeks due to various bugs preventing me from building the garrison.

Top Bottom