What's new

Shingeki No Kyojin (Attack On Titan)

I dont read manga at all, but I think is pretty good so far
! Im kinda disappointed how the main character can turn into a titan though : / but thats just imo.

I watched all 17 episodes I had downloaded. Sucks that I am out of them!! This is why I like longer seasoned things lol.

I found the manga. Opened it up. It's sitting there on it's own tab...

I'll get to it later.

I dont read manga at all, but I think is pretty good so far
! Im kinda disappointed how the main character can turn into a titan though : / but thats just imo.

Just you wait, just you wait.]

I guess I finally have to ask. Is this anime really "that" good? I normally hate jumping on the hype-train with new anime releases.
/r/anime has been littered with pictures about Attack on Titan. Is it just another Sword Art Online or is it really worth watching?

I guess I finally have to ask. Is this anime really "that" good? I normally hate jumping on the hype-train with new anime releases.
/r/anime has been littered with pictures about Attack on Titan. Is it just another Sword Art Online or is it really worth watching?
Careful with flaming SAO a lot of people around here like it. That being said, I read all 90ish if the 45 page chapters in 2 days. So I would say worth. However read over my synopsis that I posted earlier in the thread and if you're interested check it out. If it doesn't grab you by the second episode then just stop.

Careful with flaming SAO a lot of people around here like it. That being said, I read all 90ish if the 45 page chapters in 2 days. So I would say worth. However read over my synopsis that I posted earlier in the thread and if you're interested check it out. If it doesn't grab you by the second episode then just stop.

People have opinions. :p
SAO's concept was very good. Execution... not so good. Overall, I wouldn't say it's bad--just not worth all the hype.
Aside from that, I'll have to check it out once it's fully released.

SAO's concept was very good. Execution... not so good. Overall, I wouldn't say it's bad--just not worth all the hype.
Read the books. :p

I 100% agree haha. I loved the concept. But yeah, Attack on Titan is worth watching regardless of the hype for it.

That new AoT episode though..
The way Petra died was just fucking brutal. Also, that Titan fight was pretty damn awesome.

They have through episode 20 available on Crunchyroll. I'm enjoying it, but I find it kind of hilarious that they will be on the battlefield, in the thick of things, and have these long, drawn out conversations about their feelings or a decision they are making. When the action is happening, it is very fast paced, but then it all kind of slows down and pauses while they work through their angst, and then ZOOM! off the action again.

Very good series. Can see it going far. I just wish it was on a weekly or bi-weekly release instead of monthly like Claymore and Rosario X Vampire

So since I am still unemployed for a week I decided to marathon this series after hearing everyone talking about it. It's pretty decent but the angst can be a bit much at times. Like I get that they are trying to impress upon you how terrible life is for them, but sometimes it can be a bit much. Character development is so-so; a bit cliché and I don't feel terribly invested in almost any of the supporting characters. The action is definitely good, but the angsty interludes do seem a bit drawn out.

So is this thing total 25 episodes or is this just a break? Wikipedia doesn't mention Anime past 25 (as of yet) but I do realize it is a new series.

So is this thing total 25 episodes or is this just a break? Wikipedia doesn't mention Anime past 25 (as of yet) but I do realize it is a new series.
It's ongoing. There are only 48 or so chapters currently as its a monthly manga. Gotta wait for more material.

It's ongoing. There are only 48 or so chapters currently as its a monthly manga. Gotta wait for more material.

Ohh okay. Yeah I thought it was a monthly show as well, the last episode seemed fairly well cut for a season ending.

Top Bottom