What's new

Sword Art Online

Ginyu

Over 9000
Best Anime ever ?

tumblr_mhvspvO2nE1rra7cdo1_500.gif

Seriously though, I really enjoyed this series and can't wait for the next season.

Ginyu Out.

The books are better!

Well, maybe not better, but they go farther than the anime!

But I still haven't read more than the third chapter of book 5.... Fuck I need to go read that.

The books are better!

Well, maybe not better, but they go farther than the anime!

But I still haven't read more than the third chapter of book 5.... Fuck I need to go read that.

I haven't found the time to read the books, which is a really terrible excuse :p.
Ill have to read them very soon.

I really enjoyed Sword Art. Out of all the recently released, it has to be one of the top. I haven't had the chance to read the manga either.

On the issue of the manga being better than the anime, the animated series has a limited amount of episodes to tell the story in. Much like books converted to movies, there will always be content missing from the movies because of time constraints.

This is still on my list, and according to the alphabet, I will be reading it when I finish the rest of Shaman King.

I enjoyed SAO a lot. I think season 2 is weaker, though. The time limit that was imposed on it sped it up too much. I liked better the 1st season where stuff played out over years. Much better side plots in season 1 as well.

I liked the mix of RL and online in season 2, even if the coincidence of happening to run into his sister was a little much. His strange initial login to ALFheim was never explained in any way.

I wish season 2 would have had more Asuna. There could have been some great story if she had been able to run around more, but the self-imposed deadline precluded any great things from happening.

I'll add the link when I get home to my dropbox.

Kel - I haven't gotten too far into them, but I think they work on your gripes with season 2 (which is book 3/4)

I'll add the link when I get home to my dropbox.

Kel - I haven't gotten too far into them, but I think they work on your gripes with season 2 (which is book 3/4)

In the anime, I considered ALFheim to be season 2, but I guess it wasn't officially broken out that way. Basically, when the opening changes, I consider it a new season. Technically, I guess it was season 1, arc 2.

In the anime, I considered ALFheim to be season 2, but I guess it wasn't officially broken out that way. Basically, when the opening changes, I consider it a new season.
Yeah, Aincrad = Season 1 (books 1 and 2), ALFheim = season 2 (Books 3 and 4).

Keleynal

Just so you know,

Book 5/6 have little Asuna, but in the notes for preparing for book 7 he said "There will be A LOT more Asuna coming in the next saga!"

So the books may be worth your time. 5/6 were pretty good. Going onto 7 now.[DOUBLEPOST=1377262391,1377262171][/DOUBLEPOST]And in regards to one of your previous posts...

His initial login for ALO where he was ported to a weird location was because of the seed program and being close proximity to his sister on the same network I thought? His character "transferring" from game to game gets a little more explained later on, but it was an early glitch in the system.

The character transfer didn't bother me since I knew ALFheim was just an overwrite of SAO, so it's entirely possible his login was recognized given his status as the one who beat the game. The odd login location does need more explanation, though, so I'll be interested to hear more on that.

A little late to the party here but I just finished up the first two seasons and really enjoyed them. Season one was definitely more interesting and developed a lot character and compassion for those stuck within the verse. I did like the introduction of the real world im the second season.

Also, I havent seen it posted elsewhere, but a new season stared up in earlier this month under the name Sword Art Online 2. Its switched up from fantasy to shooter for the main verse but it still keeps everything connected. Worth a watch for sure!

A little late to the party here but I just finished up the first two seasons and really enjoyed them. Season one was definitely more interesting and developed a lot character and compassion for those stuck within the verse. I did like the introduction of the real world im the second season.

Also, I havent seen it posted elsewhere, but a new season stared up in earlier this month under the name Sword Art Online 2. Its switched up from fantasy to shooter for the main verse but it still keeps everything connected. Worth a watch for sure!

Yes, GGO is a GREAT arc to keep track of (no spoilers, but just saying from reading the book it will be a helluva ride!)

It updates at Noon EST on Saturdays on Crunchyroll.

Yes, GGO is a GREAT arc to keep track of (no spoilers, but just saying from reading the book it will be a helluva ride!)

It updates at Noon EST on Saturdays on Crunchyroll.

Its also Hulu so those who dont have premium on Crunchyroll dont have to wait the extra week :D

Also, one thing that I hope you could explain a bit that I didnt really get through watching the anime, how did his sister (cousin /however you want to call it) not know it was him right away in Alfheim? Was Kirito forced to not talk about anything that happened in Aincrad in the real world? You would think that she would immediately put two and two together and realize who he was.

Very excited, this last episodes seemed to turn it up a notch. Next episode will have some pretty good action set in it from the looks of things. Squueee

Top Bottom