What's new

Top 10 Recommended Books of 2021

I can 100% recommend this book if you are interested in how the first MMO of all time impacted the genre as well as reading stories of those who played it and how much of an impact it had on their lives. For me it was a nostalgia trip for those who never played Ultima Online it is a fun exploration into it!

172185388X.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_SX500_.jpg

I can 100% recommend this book if you are interested in how the first MMO of all time impacted the genre as well as reading stories of those who played it and how much of an impact it had on their lives. For me it was a nostalgia trip for those who never played Ultima Online it is a fun exploration into it!

View attachment 25

There’s a second volume of this if you didn’t know.

Braving Britannia: Tales of Melancholy, Malice, and Peril in Ultima Online

View attachment 25

Going to add this to my list :), I'll get around to reading it eventually... hopefully sooner rather than later!

I just got introduced to the Percy Jackson series by a really rad 10 year old.
Its a super fun series set in current day and tells how the Greek gods never died, they all live among us but our human eyes and minds are clouded by “mist” so we can’t see them. The books follow a half human half Greek god middle school aged kid and his adventures in fighting monsters, pissing off the gods and befriending all types of awesome mythological creatures.
I loved the 1st one, read the 2nd book in one day and now I'm on the 3rd one and already bought 4 and 5
Highly recommend for easy entertaining reading
percy.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've read them and I really liked them! I'm pretty sure the author also has a similar series based on Norse mythology!

I've read them and I really liked them! I'm pretty sure the author also has a similar series based on Norse mythology!
He does! I saw it the other day at the book store but I didn't buy it. I have the Neil Gaiman Norse mythology book that I haven't read yet.

I saw this book as I was looking to something new to read. I'm hooked since I bought the first one. "The wheel of time" is a medieval/fantastic genre. I highly recommend to check it out.

1630159373932.png

I've read up to the third one, but I've bought them all lol. I need to get back into reading them again. I definitely agree though, with what I've read so far there's a lot I like about this series!

Did you know Amazon is doing a serie about this. They plan on releasing the first season by november this year on amazon prime!

Did you know Amazon is doing a serie about this. They plan on releasing the first season by november this year on amazon prime!
Yes I did! This is a series that I'm tentatively looking forward to! I am also eagerly awaiting Amazon's Lord of the Ring series! There is so much potential within that universe.

This epic drama is set thousands of years before the events of J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, and will take viewers back to an era in which great powers were forged, kingdoms rose to glory and fell to ruin, unlikely heroes were tested, hope hung by the finest of threads, and the greatest villain that ever flowed from Tolkien’s pen threatened to cover all the world in darkness. Beginning in a time of relative peace, the series follows an ensemble cast of characters, both familiar and new, as they confront the long-feared re-emergence of evil to Middle-earth. From the darkest depths of the Misty Mountains, to the majestic forests of the elf-capital of Lindon, to the breathtaking island kingdom of Númenor, to the furthest reaches of the map, these kingdoms and characters will carve out legacies that live on long after they are gone.—Amazon Studios
Oh yes, I'm hoping that it's going to be done well. My fingers are crossed and I am anxiously waiting to see how it goes come next year.

hey everyone, will appreciate having an outlet to get new book titles from everyone for me to read. Wanted to drop by and offer up my 2 cents on books. Currently rereading (for the 3rd time) the last kingdom series by Bernard Cornwell. Books are just amazing in my opinion. Cornwell does an excellent job imo of creating wonderful characters and basing it in a historically accurate scene. Very good historical fiction books. Scene is 850s AD England. Anyways, figured i'd add this!

Top Bottom