What's new

We're living '1984' today

He is there because USA would have to put him in prison for a looooong time, that nobody else get´s the idea to do the same.

That would be an appropriate punishment for him, but banishment will suffice as well. I don't know of any government or company that would give him any kind of serious job. You can't trust a traitor. His life is pretty much over wherever he goes.

That would be an appropriate punishment for him, but banishment will suffice as well. I don't know of any government or company that would give him any kind of serious job. You can't trust a traitor. His life is pretty much over wherever he goes.

No banishment will not suffice, because this gives whistleblowers the feeling they could get away.

Wow for once I agree with Kel and am completely disgusted with half of the other responses. Stand up for what you believe in and speak out. Unfortunately the government has the American people either so lulled into being sheeple or divided amongst ourselves. Its not good for us in general, we need to unite, and speak out together. Unlikely I know, but meh.

Also on another note, they have been spying on us for years and those license plate readers aren't new technology. The police have had those things for a good long while. Those black boxes on the back of cop cars you see sometimes...those are license plate readers.

Wow for once I agree with Kel and am completely disgusted with half of the other responses. Stand up for what you believe in and speak out. Unfortunately the government has the American people either so lulled into being sheeple or divided amongst ourselves. Its not good for us in general, we need to unite, and speak out together. Unlikely I know, but meh.

If it makes you happy, here in Germany we are trying to do something against it. Might even effect you.
The problem is, that most people don´t understand what this internetz is and how it works. Can I order Potatoes on it?

No banishment will not suffice, because this gives whistleblowers the feeling they could get away.

I meant, will "have" to suffice. I don't think it's worth violating international asylum agreements over. The Russians are just doing it to embarrass us anyway. I think they could care less about him personally or any US surveillance. Anyone who actually has access to any government's secrets is not surprised by any of this.[DOUBLEPOST=1375721133,1375721063][/DOUBLEPOST]
If it makes you happy, here in Germany we are trying to do something against it. Might even effect you.
The problem is, that most people don´t understand what this internetz is and how it works. Can I order Potatoes on it?

http://www.potatogarden.com/

The internetz can do anything, mein guter Freund.

I saw something yesterday, probably on Reddit, that said something to this affect: If we accept what has now become public, the they will begin to do even more horrible things in secret. It's like the frog in a pot that is slowly being heated. If you are content to just put your head in the sand because it doesn't currently impact your life, they can just keep ramping thing up. Where would you draw the line, Bruce? What would force you to get involved?

Where would you draw the line, Bruce? What would force you to get involved?
I've said this a number of times in the past. Money. Until I can not do what I need to do in order to provide and live my life and am hindered by the government, I will do something about it. Until that point, I'll go back to my bubble.

I assumed they had the capability. I don't think they have people actively listening to every call and reading every email, that's just not efficient. But if someone is popped up as a flag, they can easily investigate further. On one hand, this is a good thing since it means that bad things can be stopped before it happens. On the other, I'm supposed to be protected from searches. An analyst that thinks there might be something going on is not enough to invade my privacy. You should have to get a legit warrant for that.

I've said this a number of times in the past. Money. Until I can not do what I need to do in order to provide and live my life and am hindered by the government, I will do something about it. Until that point, I'll go back to my bubble.
by that point it will be too late and all you can do is cry.

by that point it will be too late and all you can do is cry.
You think so? With how much I actually work with money and finances, you don't think I'd see the more blatant red flags of "oh damn, shit's about to get real?"

You think so? With how much I actually work with money and finances, you don't think I'd see the more blatant red flags of "oh damn, shit's about to get real?"

You assume that you are better at it than They are. Dangerous assumption.

You assume that you are better at it than They are. Dangerous assumption.
If I'm fucked, everyone is fucked. It's pretty simple really. That's how the market works, and why people are raging against the 1% for however long they have.

I mean really guys, I said my point, you can focus on each other now. I have my plans financially, and prepare. Until there is some outside source that says I can't, I will continue to do so. In some hypothetical situation that may, or may not happen, I have no reason to really care beyond my own means.

I'm not one to seek out trouble. I'll keep to my bubble. And most likely, I'll be safe because of it. If not, then everyone else is most likely screwed too, so I'll become a part of the larger picture instead of a singular issue through default (just like I am now). It's a simple, low hassle, safe practicality.

its not the money side you will get fucked on. Its the freedom to do what you want with the money side of things you are getting fucked on. What good is a pile of money if you can't spend it.

its not the money side you will get fucked on. Its the freedom to do what you want with the money side of things you are getting fucked on. What good is a pile of money if you can't spend it.
Again. If it gets to that, there's much bigger issues and I'm not the only one fucked. Until that happens, I'll keep doing what I'm doing.

I just think you sell yourself short in your feelings of powerlessness. Things can change; they have changed. And "regular" people have been the catalysts of change. Rosa Parks, for example, didn't accept the status quo, and her simple act of sitting on a bus inspired thousands.

It's easy to justify inaction by saying it wouldn't matter anyway, but at the end of the day it's a decision to be lazy and passive. I'm not condemning that decision, just pointing out that it is YOUR decision, not something forced upon you from lack of options.

... I think the real difference is Keleynal is that I'm happy with the situation at hand, and this "news" doesn't bother me. I don't need change.

... I think the real difference is Keleynal is that I'm happy with the situation at hand, and this "news" doesn't bother me. I don't need change.
That attitude is perfectly valid. We all have our tolerance levels.

Maybe we should add a new terror level threat "Bruce disturbed." It means the bombs have already dropped.

That attitude is perfectly valid. We all have our tolerance levels.

Maybe we should add a new terror level threat "Bruce disturbed." It means the bombs have already dropped.
Agreed. If Bruce starts running around setting off alarms, we're all fucked.

Top Bottom