What's new

GW2 What Class I want to Play RANKED.

Knew that was coming!
Well isn't that the point of trying different professions? To pick the ones you like? I must say I am happy I found a way to like the Mesmer cause since I saw the butterflies I was drawn to it. It is a very complex character too, I am still not sure how to do half of anything with it haha.

I still have the torn for the norn dilemma but most signs point to Human Guardian. I just can't get on the "Norn style" armor train. Plus I noticed when you are bigger than the other characters in PvP it is actually hard to figure out distance between them to swing due to your own character blocking them. At least for Melee. Sure bigger weapons, but meh whatev.

Mesmer, human is sexier with it... but ya never know.

Thief that could be a Norn.

Well isn't that the point of trying different professions? To pick the ones you like? I must say I am happy I found a way to like the Mesmer cause since I saw the butterflies I was drawn to it. It is a very complex character too, I am still not sure how to do half of anything with it haha.

I still have the torn for the norn dilemma but most signs point to Human Guardian. I just can't get on the "Norn style" armor train. Plus I noticed when you are bigger than the other characters in PvP it is actually hard to figure out distance between them to swing due to your own character blocking them. At least for Melee. Sure bigger weapons, but meh whatev.

Mesmer, human is sexier with it... but ya never know.

Thief that could be a Norn.

I know I was just messin. I still think thats a great thing that people have such a hard time deciding. I have to say even though I was about to pass out for what little of the stress test I played I enjoyed the damage and 'In Your Face' of the warrior. That said, I would like to try out a necro/elementalist and maybe some more time with a mesmer(So I can figure out what the fuck Im doing with all those illusions)

I played a little Mesmer last night and it is still #1 for me. Not sure on 2nd.

I liked the scepter and pistol combo as mesmer. LOTS of images being able to shatter constantly.

Mesmer is a very interesting class, I didn't think they could pull off "magical purple ninja" as well as they did. Thief ate up way too much of my time during the last beta weekend, I think I'm going to make myself not play it during the next one- though the ability to run an instance next time is very tempting.

Mesmer is a very interesting class, I didn't think they could pull off "magical purple ninja" as well as they did. Thief ate up way too much of my time during the last beta weekend, I think I'm going to make myself not play it during the next one- though the ability to run an instance next time is very tempting.

If they don't wipe the characters... no word on that yet.

If they don't wipe the characters... no word on that yet.

They aren't wiped, they remain. So doing the dungeon would be cool, but I do want to try an Elementalist, Necro and get more hands on time with a Mesmer/Thief. Guess we will figure it out when we get there.

I'm probably not going to be playing my ranger as much, so I won't be high level enough for the dungeon. I will be WvW with my engineer as I level tho!

I wish they'd bring back the ability to instantly make a character level 30 so you can try out dungeons. I imagine a lot of people are having trouble juggling trying out advanced content with different classes given that they only have a weekend to cram it in.

I wish they'd bring back the ability to instantly make a character level 30 so you can try out dungeons. I imagine a lot of people are having trouble juggling trying out advanced content with different classes given that they only have a weekend to cram it in.

Thats why you lock yourself in your house for the weekend and talk to no one that isnt in game. Except for this weekend. This weekend is party TIEMZ.

Yeah I will be on Friday Sunday Maybe saturday day. But bachelor party saturday night.

I'm probably not going to be playing my ranger as much, so I won't be high level enough for the dungeon. I will be WvW with my engineer as I level tho!

Im still torn between Warrior/Guardian id be playing a ranger but i was never a fan of pets in GW1 but then again you didn't have to be micro managing a pet 24/7 and since you cant put it away its dropped off my radar.

I should totally level my Warrior with your Engi Gyion :D

I'm more than open to having someone to level with. Just catch me in-game or in mumble when you want to play :)

Saturday eh? That's when the party up here is so looks like Zakis and I won't miss out on the stream. Still planning to play Friday and Sunday though- I think my thief will take a back seat since I doubt I could get him to the instance in that amount of time.

Maybe I'll do a montage of every class level 1-5 or something... PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT.

Ahh Engineer.......or Necro.......or Engineer.......or....Warrior?.....nah Engineer.....or......

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I'm definitely thinking Ranger will be my "Do it all" class. Level in PvE, WvW, do SPvP, Dungeons, and just over-all explore and achievement hunt with him. Wiggly Boop will still be by my side for the long run. It's just too much fun finding random weapons on the ground.

Engy will be my level at a leisure pace in whatever strikes my mood, or level with friends character. I thought that pistol/pistol would be my weapons of choice, but I really fell in love with Pistol/Shield, which I DID NOT expect to happen at all. Rifle was still cool, but kinda meh overall imo.

I still have some interest in my elementalist, but I have a feeling she will be WvW centric leveling. At that point I can only handle so much of the PvE aspect. Definitely playing mostly for the awesome human female outfit. She's so cute in the brightly colored skirt and frilly shirt.

I have lost interest for the warrior. I have also no interest in necro or thief. Guardian will probably be a change of pace class just when I need something to do for an hour here and there. Or Mesmer. I'll have to try a mesmer in SPvP just to learn how to counter one. No better way to learn a counter than to play the class itself first hand.

So yeah, Revised list.
1. Ranger
2. Engy
3. Elementalist
4. Guard / Mesmer

Yeah I want some more time with Necro in PVE and I have to work out a better build for arena, but its tough man. I am a bit torn now. I would also like to have more time with guardian and maybe a little thief for fun next BWE.

As of now Engineer is still my one true love.

1.) Engineer
2.) Necromancer
3.)Warrior/Guardian

Well seems like I finally bit the bullet and said bye bye to the Guardian as main. I will def play one.. But my Mesmer will now be my main. It was just too much fun all weekend. I didn't have as much fun with Guardian last few beta weekends as this one. Guardian to me was always a good healer, and I loved using it in the catacombs this time around, but I just felt like someone else would be better off playing it since I was not enjoying the support as much as I thought i would. While I could jump and leap, when I got to the bosses I felt weak.

In Age of Conan the bear shaman(which I have compared it to since I started trying it) had a veyr visceral heal approach. And you felt like a KEY COMPONENT to the team so much so that people would thank you after a dungeon run. HEALERS NEVER GET THANKED!

So when my small f1 key boosts would go off or I would bubble etc, it was almost more of a "Oh cool, something to hide in" versus a THANK JESUS GOD THAT WAS THERE! Maybe in the harder version of the dungeons that would change, but I feel, after playing the mesmer in PvP and getting to know their skills I can do the exact same idea of support but also dish out great damage and FINALLY, FINALLY, get my BUTTERFLIES!!

Top Bottom