What's new

GW2 What Class I want to Play RANKED.

All you needed was a pat on the back to keep playing guardian? I enjoyed your defensive abilities, I just did not have much time to say so in the middle of combat lol. In that case I want a thank you for all those conditions removed and healing done. I mean granted I was throwing glass bottles at people's faces but its a lesser of two evils thing here. Get glass to the face and get healed a bit, or have the mob facestomp you.

All you needed was a pat on the back to keep playing guardian? I enjoyed your defensive abilities, I just did not have much time to say so in the middle of combat lol. In that case I want a thank you for all those conditions removed and healing done. I mean granted I was throwing glass bottles at people's faces but its a lesser of two evils thing here. Get glass to the face and get healed a bit, or have the mob facestomp you.

Lol way to read that completely wrong :p I was just recalling the "feeling" I had while playing my bear shaman. It was much more of a palpable feeling of contribution. I did like seeing all the "Condition removed" stuff above names this time. But I really just liked mesmer and I can use my clones to do a lot of condition removal etc. Also as a Tristanism I loved the outfits wayyy more... So I will main my Mesmer :)

Don't get me wrong I plan to get my Guardian up too, so I can do my elite heal skill in the middle of a cray cray boss fight lol. Plus I really like burning people.

Lol way to read that completely wrong :p I was just recalling the "feeling" I had while playing my bear shaman. It was much more of a palpable feeling of contribution. I did like seeing all the "Condition removed" stuff above names this time. But I really just liked mesmer and I can use my clones to do a lot of condition removal etc. Also as a Tristanism I loved the outfits wayyy more... So I will main my Mesmer :)

Don't get me wrong I plan to get my Guardian up too, so I can do my elite heal skill in the middle of a cray cray boss fight lol. Plus I really like burning people.

lol

Played around with all the classes this weekend. Decided I really like Ele. Hate how much I like Ele. Also, I have to make a Charr, because Mewcifer. Sigh.

Played around with all the classes this weekend. Decided I really like Ele. Hate how much I like Ele. Also, I have to make a Charr, because Mewcifer. Sigh.

I don't understand why, if you were playing... why you didn't get on mumble, ask to join the guild to at least chat, or come play with us....

Because she's a baddie. Also, me and her talked while you were at the bachelor party and no one was really on.

1 - Ranger. I just want to be a bow guy, I dont know why, just have always liked playing ranger types since Shamino and Ultima 4 on regular nintendo~

2 - Guardian. I love pvp, and I also love soaking up tons of damage and spitting it right back, and from what I have seen of PVP guardian looks like it fills this role.

3 - Engineer. Looks unique, and will prob take precedent over the rest of the classes for that reason

4 - Mesmer. I like the setup and spells etc, but not sure I like the look and style of the character.

LOL thanks, can't believe I missed this somehow... =.=;;

1. Elementalist
  2. Ranger
  3. Mesmer
  4. Guardian
  5. Necromancer
  6. Thief
  7. Warrior
  8. Engineer
1. Human Elementalist, because that is like the extension of my character from GW1. Not to mention human scholar armor will probably have the most "high society" look to them like how female mesmers looked in gw1.

2. Norn Ranger, just because that fits so well with everything that goes with ranger. I just can't say no. Although I love the ranger class I really hate the slow movement speed of the Norn :< The playstyle of the ranger is so easy to get use to and most fun for me. I can just run around and kite people forever, and they can't do anything if I don't mess up. ^^ THE BEST PART IS PET COLLECTION. I WANT TO ROLL ONE JUST TO GET ALL THE PETS AND JUST SIT AROUND HAVING TEA WITH THEM.

3. Human Mesmer, I love the art direction they took with the class, and it's the only reason it's so high on my list. Also greatsword caster? YES PLZ! :3 I really loath the gameplay direction they took with the class, but I just love the look of it that I'll keep playing it till I'm forced to love the gameplay. lol

4. Asura Guardian, I didnt think I'd like playing guardian, but after seeing TB play one in one of the earlier gw2 vids I was sold. Asura+Banish+Cliff=TROLOLOL... that pretty much sums up the only thing I'll be doing with her XD

5. Sylvari Necromancer, I needed a sylvari and well, green+green seemed to go together. Also necros are a lot of fun to play once you get past how gross the pets are, which is why they're one of the last classes I'm willing to play.

6. Charr Thief, Literally... a cat burglar. I'm not into Charr or Thieves...

7. Asuran Rifle Warrior, I just think this would be a funny concept ^^;;

8. Sylvari Engineer, Oxymoron...

1. Charr Guardian
2. Sylvari Guardian
3. Asura Guardian
4. Human Guardian
5. Norn Guardian

:D see what I did there. Ya I'm pretty much obsessed with it. I did try most of the other classes but kept coming back to it. I knew from the beginning that this was going to be the class for me - I just have this thing for mage-knights...

But honestly I HATE THE PETS, they are ugly and scary and I don't wanna hear them squishing around me.

Don't listen to him my pretties, you're all perfect just the way you are.

That being said I feel rangers will probably end up topping the ranked charts till the nerfs start rolling. Ranged + pets = win.

1: Necro Charr
2: Ranger Norn
3: Ele Asura
4: Mesmer Asura

Funny thing is none of my choices were ever due to imbalance or op. it was art style, gameplay, and feel. I do wanna play with a ranger again becuase I love bows. But man I really don't like how single target it felt. And thief just isn't my style anymore even for the shortbow. Funny though considering theif used to be my number 2

Trist, try the short bow if you want some aoe flair. Longbow is definitely more Single Target (albeit the 5 is an aoe, but long cooldown and charge time). Shortbow has the scatter poison shot that gives some more spread aoe, than aoe target attack.

1. Necro (for the moment im loving the look of them the most- My creepy pets will eat your butterflies trist <3 hehe)
2. Ranger or Elementist... I love hunter classes in every mmo game ive played so i will try it out at least..

i like me some zombie pets :)

Funny thing is none of my choices were ever due to imbalance or op. it was art style, gameplay, and feel. I do wanna play with a ranger again becuase I love bows. But man I really don't like how single target it felt. And thief just isn't my style anymore even for the shortbow. Funny though considering theif used to be my number 2

MH Axe. At first it looked so dumb, but the AoE damage is pretty good.

1) Elementalist
Elementalist looks like it will be very complex and require lots of element swapping to take full advantage. It kind of reminds me of Vanilla WoW Druids, where to get full utilization you had to switch from Cat to Bear to Caster and could pretty much chain infinite orange level mobs. Really looking forward to BWE3 (which will be my first) to see how Elementalist shakes out

2) Mesmer
Mesmer looks fairly unique and very intense from the videos I've seen. I expect it to be something like a caster rogue combination.

3) Warrior
Warrior tends to be my first choice in most games, though usually I'm disappointed by the lack of damage potential. That does NOT seem to be a problem in GW2. Expecting to use a two hander and a ranged weapon here.

4. Thief
5. Ranger
6. Necromancer

Wild Cards
Guardian - I really loved tanking in WoW so I'm not sure how I'll like the Guardian in that you can't tank in the traditional sense in GW2. I might really love this one, or because of the fundamental differences I might hate it.

Engineer - I really am not sure what to expect from the engineer so I'll have to try it out. Not sure about the turrets, I tend to not like classes, I'm sorry, professions that require heavy "pet" use.

1) Elementalist
Elementalist looks like it will be very complex and require lots of element swapping to take full advantage. It kind of reminds me of Vanilla WoW Druids, where to get full utilization you had to switch from Cat to Bear to Caster and could pretty much chain infinite orange level mobs. Really looking forward to BWE3 (which will be my first) to see how Elementalist shakes out.

Hadn't thought of that comparison before... I played hybrid-spec Druid in vanilla before they killed hybrids. Elly is missing the survivability that made vanilla durids invincible, but it's definitely a similar playstyle.

Hadn't thought of that comparison before... I played hybrid-spec Druid in vanilla before they killed hybrids. Elly is missing the survivability that made vanilla durids invincible, but it's definitely a similar playstyle.

Vanilla Druids...thats a trip in the wayback machine.

Top Bottom