What's new

WildStar AltTabMe.com's Wildstar Podcast - "What is Wildstar"

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome the our Wildstar Podcast brought to you by
AltTabMe.com
"The Community that Outlasts Release Dates"

We are here to bring you as much information about the upcoming MMO Wildstar as well as things we are excited to get our hands on... but there is a catch. We will be doing each episode in 30 minutes or less! Anything we don't cover or you want us to cover more of, or even topics you may want to suggest we cover in future podcasts, you can head on over to AltTabMe and post on our community boards to discuss with us and our members! You can also post on previous podcasts as well. And with that, today's topic we are talking about will be "What is Wildstar" and the clock starts NOW!

Show Notes:

00:12 Intro
01:10 What is Wildstar?
02:50 Wildstar's theme and setting. Classic rpg meets space theme.
07:50 Factions. Why we like it.
08:45 What are Warplots?
11:47 First swearing of the new format :)
12:00 Back to factions. What races are in each faction?
16:21 Known classes.
18:30 How combat works in Wildstar.
20:33 Catering to the 1%-ers.
22:20 Housing.
24:15 How Wildstar is dealing with the evolving MMO genre.
27:30 Two minute warning speed round: where does Wildstar improve on previous MMOs?

Addendum: We talk about the "Wow Killer" briefly, and I wanted to go back and just say, I dislike that term very much. In my opinion, FUCK being a WoW killer, we just need a game that is not World of Warcraft that is fun to play, and this game looks to have that potential. Also with Blizzard delaying their unannounced MMO title, it really gives Wildstar the breathing room it needs to grab the attention and player base it deserves. So here's to the next MMO and no one has to be killed!

Disclaimer: This show may contain material that may not be suitable for all ages, viewer discretion is advised.

I think the podcast was excellent. Really fantastic quality, guys.

I'd love to hear more of your thoughts on the dynamic combat and telegraph systems, including the monster telegraphs. How hard do you think its going to be to heal in dungeons and raids?

And what do you think about the classes so far? We've seen a reasonable amount of gameplay footage for the first four classes, so opinions should be reasonable.

Have at it!

Listening to it now. Should we speed up our talking speeds a little bit? And we need to get back in the groove of eliminating those pauses between speakers. Tristan, you did a great job directing the questions again and getting immediate reactions.

AND VOLUME LEVELS. THANK YOU TRISTAN. Great job this set :)

And fuck me for saying Eldari and not Eldan >_>
Also me for saying "Key and Socket" and not "Plug and Socket"
Also for saying Soldier instead of Warrior.

Love it fellas. Pure awesomeness
i like the 30 minutes because it helps stay on topic IMO

Edit: I'm an idiot the suggestion I made was already in there.

It looked way better in your normal format than in my skype one lol.

Just noticed that the background card says Alt[Tab]Me.com People will probably see that and type it as is trying to get to the site. I would suggest making it AltTabMe.com and put a [Tab] centered underneath so people understand that is our guild tag in games. Just my thinking.[DOUBLEPOST=1370266055,1370265986][/DOUBLEPOST]in fact I just went to Alt[Tab]Me.com and it just gives you a server not found page so it looks like the site is down if you try to go to it that way.

Just noticed that the background card says Alt[Tab]Me.com People will probably see that and type it as is trying to get to the site. I would suggest making it AltTabMe.com and put a [Tab] centered underneath so people understand that is our guild tag in games. Just my thinking.[DOUBLEPOST=1370266055,1370265986][/DOUBLEPOST]in fact I just went to Alt[Tab]Me.com and it just gives you a server not found page so it looks like the site is down if you try to go to it that way.

Most people in the world understand [ and ] are not valid for a URL. And to be honest if they don't... I don't think they fit in here very well :p BUT if we get complaints.. we can always remove it. the [TAB] is probably going to be showing up more in general. It is our THANG! :) Plus when the REAL intro is ready I believe it will clear that up pretty well :)

Gyoin the best thing I would say is forget there is a timer. That's my job to keep you talking. You actually talk so fast sometimes I was like holy shit haha. The timer is good and makes a great motivator. But it can also work against us if we are too aware and change our speaking habits. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first post, but wanted to let you guys know that you do a really great job on this podcast. I'll be checking out some of the other games you guys cover. You are able to touch on a lot of information without messing around (but still messing around if that makes any sense). The compact 30 minutes is awesome for someone like me who can't sit and watch long podcasts.

My first post, but wanted to let you guys know that you do a really great job on this podcast. I'll be checking out some of the other games you guys cover. You are able to touch on a lot of information without messing around (but still messing around if that makes any sense). The compact 30 minutes is awesome for someone like me who can't sit and watch long podcasts.
Thanks!! We're testing out this 30 minute format, trying to keep it compact, high energy and informative while still having fun with it. Glad you liked it! There will definitely more WS ones coming down the pipe.

Thanks!! We're testing out this 30 minute format, trying to keep it compact, high energy and informative while still having fun with it. Glad you liked it! There will definitely more WS ones coming down the pipe.

The 30 minute format helps everyone keep on task and get in as much as possible. It shows that the podcast itself is planned out and thought about and it isn't just rambling.

The 30 minute format helps everyone keep on task and get in as much as possible. It shows that the podcast itself is planned out and thought about and it isn't just rambling.
Yes, we realized with our 90 minute GW2 podcasts were kinda slow, side tracked easily, and sometimes you'd "drift" in concentration. And as much as I loved being on camera for 2-3 hours at a time, it was definitely draining by the end.

Yes, we realized with our 90 minute GW2 podcasts were kinda slow, side tracked easily, and sometimes you'd "drift" in concentration. And as much as I loved being on camera for 2-3 hours at a time, it was definitely draining by the end.

Yes the beard is such an attention whore.

Thanks for the feedback Christopher. All feedback and constructive criticism is appreciated.*ponysmile:

I think the podcast was excellent. Really fantastic quality, guys.

I'd love to hear more of your thoughts on the dynamic combat and telegraph systems, including the monster telegraphs. How hard do you think its going to be to heal in dungeons and raids?

And what do you think about the classes so far? We've seen a reasonable amount of gameplay footage for the first four classes, so opinions should be reasonable.

Have at it!

Discuss my questions, dammit!

Ha you should see some of our GW2 podcasts. 1 1/2 to 2 hrs and we still have more to talk about. Although the rl meetup one is really entertaining. I did 2, 2hr podcasts on just making money in GW2. Tristan hates the subject but had to sit through it with just him and me and act interested :)

Top Bottom