What's new

WildStar AltTabMe.com's Wildstar Podcast - "What is Wildstar"

Ok and back on topic.
-brucestopit-<-- for the new guys/girls that is Gyoin from a podcast.

Not to create too much whiplash, but...

BACK 2 TOPIC!!!

I'm particularly interested in the Paths podcast because it is an element of WildStar that seems completely original. We all love the things WildStar is bringing back- the trinity, large raids. And the things it is trying to perfect- housing with meaning, PvP with persistent dmg to structures. But those things have been done or tried before to some degree.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Paths, as a player choice distinct from race, class, and profession (crafting has actually been talked about very little. I wonder if there will be many professions? But I digress.) has not been seen in an MMORPG game before.

I think it is a huge step in adding replay value and value to alts as well as a unique experience each time you play a different mix of race, class, and path ( and possibly profession).

So here's what I want to know- they say its based loosely on the Bartlet (sp?) test. Did they achieve their goal of giving each type of player a role that would appeal to them? I also want to know if paths will be too restricting. What if you realize after rolling explorer that you really don't Iike the jumping puzzles? Will it gimp the character too much to not complete all of the path content? Would you have to reroll in order to have an effective high level toon?

Also I'm concerned about settlers. I've been in games before where players could set up shops, bars, whatever. The bad thing was the place was FILLED with shops. Not only that, but they were staffed with bots that whispered ads to you as you went by. It was impossible to use chat in any area that had those things in it. I'm hoping there's limits on how much random stuff can be built everywhere, and yet there has to be enough room that every settler can feel like they are contributing. I just have this horrible vision of 100s of them all clumped around key points, hawking away. If they can get it right, it will be AMAZING, otherwise, annoying and possibly game breaking.

Settlers can only build the large annoying things in "plugs" and then maintain them after that. They have smaller things that can be set up in whatever place they want such as their campfires.

Settlers can only build the large annoying things in "plugs" and then maintain them after that. They have smaller things that can be set up in whatever place they want such as their campfires.
If there is enough of them the campfires will be annoying.

Hopefully settlers will be able to work together on the plug things. Otherwise, the 1% will dominate and make all others sad pandas.

Hopefully settlers will be able to work together on the plug things. Otherwise, the 1% will dominate and make all others sad pandas.

It has been stated that settlers will be able to work together on buildings, so you might have a couple of settlers working on one outpost, etc.

Sure you have seen this but around 2 min its talks a little more about the settlers. Says they get payoffs for settlers working together what they can build ect. Was thinking about being a settler myself but a little worried about taking the longest to level and not paying out as big as some of the others and also what you said about having buildings everywhere.Hopefully we can get some more info

In one of the interviews, it was confidently stated (I believe Gaffney himself)that the higher tier an upgrade IE: settlements, it's going to take more resources AND more settlers, it's also going to decay faster the higher it is so they have to be rebuilt a lot.

It sounds like they are at least aware of the problems that it has caused and are putting forward some solutions. There is Great Hope.

Right now there is just enough info out there to kind of give a primer on all the paths. I can see future podcasts focusing on each path individually when we know more. 30 mins is about perfect for each path once we see em in action.

Thanks guys,

This was the first pod cast I listened to about Wildstar. I was curious about the game and it was a great round up of what to expect.

Top Bottom