What's new

AltTabMe The community that believes in Captilization and Grammar

I got my girlfriend with that one the first week I met her. Told her it wasn't in there and left it at that. She came back 3 days later and told me sternly that it was there she checked. I laughed so hard. This was before I even asked her out the first time and she still went out with me.

I told my grandmother this and she started getting angry and upset, complaining that she knows for a fact that it is in the dictionary. She became so worked up that I had to tell her before she got the dictionary.[DOUBLEPOST=1374705276,1374704981][/DOUBLEPOST]
And I'd like to point out I'm blasting out messages from my cellphone so I'm allowed to be a tiny bit lazy <3

Californians have more excuses than Carter has pills.

Dont be goin' 'round on here talkin' like big "shit". Id prefer if you started givin' people more actual advise and not jus' criticizing them. Thanks were done with this.

Haha couldn't help it :p

Actually, most of the apostrophes you used in that sentence, I didn't have a problem with. Talkin' is a perfectly acceptable way of typing that word to me, because that tends to be how I actually pronounce talking. I type words that end in -ing as -in' all the time, because I like to type the same way that I talk.

Actually, most of the apostrophes you used in that sentence, I didn't have a problem with. Talkin' is a perfectly acceptable way of typing that word to me, because that tends to be how I actually pronounce talking. I type words that end in -ing as -in' all the time, because I like to type the same way that I talk.

The only one I had a problem typing was, were, instead of we're. Everything else I did doesn't really matter.

Californians have more excuses than Carter has pills.
See, I was gonna burn you cause you're from Philly, but then I realized you must hate yourself enough. Lets be friends? -brucethumbsup-

See, I was gonna burn you cause you're from Philly, but then I realized you must hate yourself enough. Lets be friends? -brucethumbsup-

Haha sure, I just don't like when someone goes out of their way to point out someone else's mistake while missing or making a similar mistake themselves. The classic example is telling someone "Your Dumb" Really? Is it my Dumb? I've always wanted a Dumb.

Haha sure, I just don't like when someone goes out of their way to point out someone else's mistake while missing or making a similar mistake themselves. The classic example is telling someone "Your Dumb" Really? Is it my Dumb? I've always wanted a Dumb.
So many people use "your dumb" as a troll now that one can never be sure if it was intentional or not. So this one I ignore now.

So many people use "your dumb" as a troll now that one can never be sure if it was intentional or not. So this one I ignore now.

I'd argue that people that "use" this as trolling were not actually trolling, after realizing their mistake they needed an excuses for typing it that way. (Maybe they live North of L.A.) Lol JK

He asked to be corrected earlier in the thread and said it would help him learn. I didn't mean it to be a dick, I was just trying to help him out, he knew this (or at least I hope).

I don't care about his feeling in the rant thread :p Just saying you either didn't know he was using the word "good" incorrectly or you jumped at his use of "your" so fast that you overlooked it :p

I'd argue that people that "use" this as trolling were not actually trolling, after realizing their mistake they needed an excuses for typing it that way. (Maybe they live North of L.A.) Lol JK
Your may argue it, but you would be wrong. I can introduce you to someone who does it on a daily basis if you'd like. I didn't say that everyone who says it is trolling, and of course I know that "lol just trolling" is a common excuse for stupidity.

I just wanna go back to this post here for a second:
Gyoin said:
The worst part about this is that the American school mentality is now not to push students to do better, but to teach to the lowest common denominator. THAT pisses me off. I understand that certain children need special care and attention in order to achieve normality, but the gifted kids are now left to their own and have to wait. Of course, it's just as bad to pay attention to only the gifted children and the ones behind the bell curve are left further behind. On top of this, the education system is under paid and, in general, uncaring to what happens (just like over 95% of the working class) as long as they get their paychecks.

If I had the resources and time, I wish I could home school my future children. And if not that, pay for private school. And if not that, heavily supplement parental interactions when they are home from public school and ensure that I am involved to some extent on their learning abilities. My biggest fear of being an eventual parent is not being able to 110% support my child in everything s/he would need.

Edit: whoops mild ranty tangent.

I struggled through high school specifically because the bar was set so low. It's ridiculous that they force people to sit in a class that teaches them nothing, and then punishes them for losing focus. I can not tell you how many times I had to listen to a 17 year old struggle to read basic words out of a textbook.

Even worse, though, were the kids in my AP Lit/Lang classes that would spew forth some inconceivable amount of LONG words thinking that somehow made them sound smarter; Peer review was my least favorite part of writing because of this notion that abusing the hell out a thesaurus makes your essay stronger or more coherent.

I used to get shit from those kids, too, since every essay I got like that earned a big red stamp of TOO BOMBASTIC, THROW AWAY THESAURUS.

I just wanna go back to this post here for a second:

I struggled through high school specifically because the bar was set so low. It's ridiculous that they force people to sit in a class that teaches them nothing, and then punishes them for losing focus. I can not tell you how many times I had to listen to a 17 year old struggle to read basic words out of a textbook.

Even worse, though, were the kids in my AP Lit/Lang classes that would spew forth some inconceivable amount of LONG words thinking that somehow made them sound smarter; Peer review was my least favorite part of writing because of this notion that abusing the hell out a thesaurus makes your essay stronger or more coherent.

I used to get shit from those kids, too, since every essay I got like that earned a big red stamp of TOO BOMBASTIC, THROW AWAY THESAURUS.

Just to add to this, I got a note from one of my teachers when I graduated high school that basically said: "You are the laziest student I have ever met, because school never challenged you."

I want a shirt that printed on the front in big blocky letters says

YOUR
WRONG
And then I will just watch people either struggle with it wanting to correct it, or not even know that its such a horrible thing.

1003707_619149604773085_209580949_n.jpg

Top Bottom