What's new

Crowfall - Kickstarter Updates

These guys kind of make me feel like my grandpa and dad are making a game for me. Not saying that in a bad way haha

Because they're making it for you?

I think one of the most exciting things is it will have even less of an NPC economy than EVE Online does. As it, there's won't be NPC vendors. Anywhere. So if I go buy myself a sweet new sword, someone made it. Someone either went into a campaign and did well enough to have the materials to make that sword I now own.

It will be possible to be some kind of crafter or what have you, and never go into the campaign worlds. As long as I can make enough money to buy raw materials from other players, I can make this happen.

I love the Kickstarter messages. Reminds me of mine.
Glad they are having success the last few days is when they make the most money.

Project Update #23 | 03/24/15

Less than 48 hours Remain! More goals!

Well, things have really heated up for us. We've been waiting to hit each stretch goal before we announce the next, but they're starting to hit so quickly that we can't keep up. We have to sleep sometime!

So, we're going to go ahead and list out a few more at this point, and we'll see how far we get. We don't necessarily expect that we will get to all of these in the next 48 hours (but we can hope!) but better to have them up, just in case!

ZB9U2h0yuB_I7NNjM19dpaLWIZHPQa36tidG4MhKFY3qOgiq-n2VxRXdehq4E7Zt0KqHbyFjxORu3Gwlvf-ALvicnErsufEDgLLa7mZEnJb3JcDIEwOw35R0aEuTi1uNfacdBp3CfDDdWrMlMYUg_7AoqDNWNP9MYJvhlBr8HSd-O50TeUWHhCAVUku4QgqbKPB83NJi3bnNq9sttNZot2l-T8FzoPhXgd9aN9zXYY29MmjZdd27O8AyefUqdvtSQdcubS7aECygtfjW=s0-d-e1-ft

15,500 - Backer Reward: All-Father Statue RELIC

...at 15,500 backers, we're going to convert that All Father statue (that we granted back at 12k backers) into a Relic! This means the statue will now be more than a cosmetic prop to add to your Kingdom -- now, it will offer a Blessing of Knowledge (+1% training of combat skills!) to the land owner and all of the tenants of the parcel in which it is placed.

R9y--qZh0CWCZkmOpKxFnjHfLHFCBAwvdoEDZK_jwYQ1jr8kq6K3o-ETbjwfH3YCHKf6mprlljZHzpHVkIncYY2zIUE1wD34J1OkMx0fMIzlD5GvHhGfnjovnd6xwBz65GW9njadNw-jG8D8T4LaPgtaUv5mXseWGUeQBHSE3gL-dcILBU9lsALjHY4aQjnYmqJ__np5nJdFmgOWR0VR0J6WyMVODSxgNYbJ83a61DKyYkIisKJ_RQmGLWn0uR-kTsr4z-IPg_DcboBP=s0-d-e1-ft

$1.6 million Stretch Reward: Tournament System Campaign

Tournaments! We will add a single-elimination Tournament ladder for guilds to compete on a annual (or bi-annual) basis. Guilds will have to win a Campaign to qualify, at which point they will be pitted against each other in a single elimination, winner-take-all Tournament to take home the Dragon Throne -- an Artifact which benefits everyone in the Kingdom -- and which shows, without question, which Guild is the best.

$1.7 million Stretch Reward: Combat-enabled Pets!

Tame wild creatures to act as your companion, and craft magical figurines to summon to them to your aid! These Combat-ready pets are built as an extension to the mounts system, and will be useful for ALL archetypes -- they are not limited to a particular class or playstyle!

$1.7 million Stretch Reward: Combat-enabled Pets!

Tame wild creatures to act as your companion, and craft magical figurines to summon to them to your aid! These Combat-ready pets are built as an extension to the mounts system, and will be useful for ALL archetypes -- they are not limited to a particular class or playstyle!

Aww fuck. I hope this gets hit.

You will collect ALL THE THINGS!

Well, I've just always liked the micro-manage style of pet classes. But the fact that everyone can get pets? I mean, that's a min/max galore across the board.

And yes, collector's dreams. I mean, I can CRAFT pets?!

From the sounds of it there will be vanity/non-combat pets. But the 1.7 mark adds them as viable combat options. Which is awesome.

sigh...I held off as long as i could. But then i went to the kickstarter page and someone must have upped their donation amount and opened up a single spot. So I backed.

Project Update #24 | 03/25/15

Final day and we're off to a great start!

We just crossed the 15,500 backer stretch goal (converting the All Father statue into a Relic) AND we just hit $1.5 million -- which means we're adding the "Infected Worlds" ruleset (the 12 faction War-of-the-Gods) and the Minotaur archetype.

9c25290b1f3fe32aef77678af12bb6ec_original.png

We're also taking this moment to add a few more backer stretch goals, on the hope/chance that we'll need them (fingers crossed!)

16,000 Backer Reward: Dwarven Blacksmith Thrall

At 16,000 backers, we're going to add a BLACKSMITH THRALL NPC to the $100 (BRONZE) level reward tier -- giving you a Stoneborn Thrall to slot into your Forge that grants access to improve your crafting.

17,000 Backer Reward: Centaur Relic

At 17,000 backers, we're going to grant a CENTAUR STATUE RELIC to the $60 reward tier (BACKER) -- which offers a Blessing of Courage (+1% hunger resist) to the land owner and all tenants of the parcel in which it is placed.

18,000 Backer Reward: Forgemaster Relic

At 18,000 backers, we're going to grant a FORGEMASTER STATUE RELIC to the $60 reward tier (BACKER) -- which offers a Gaes of Craftsmanship (+1% training of crafting skills) to the land owner and all tenants of the parcel in which it is placed.

As we head into the last few hours, we want to THANK YOU for your support, and ask you for one last favor: If you know other people who you think would enjoy this game -- and that you would like to have as a part of this community -- please let them know that this is the last day of our Kickstarter. We'll still be accepting pledges after today on our website, but the discounts won't be as good and all the exclusive rewards will go away.

We're also hosting a series of podcasts / developer chats during this last 24 hour period:

- At 4:30 pm Central we will be hosting our first AMA (Ask Me Anything): http://www.reddit.com/r/Games
- At 7:00 pm Central we will be joining the Gold & Glory fellas live on twitch at: http://www.twitch.tv/mmorpgcom
- At 8:00 pm we will be closing the night with the Crowns and Crows gang: http://www.twitch.tv/crownsandcrows

(On a personal note, it looks like they're happy with the amount of funding they currently have. The new backer goals are targeting mid to high level price points, which they can't expect to get too many off. It feels like a "what the hell, lets give it a shot" attempt.)

18,000 Backer Reward: Forgemaster Relic

At 18,000 backers, we're going to grant a FORGEMASTER STATUE RELIC to the $60 reward tier (BACKER) -- which offers a Gaes of Craftsmanship (+1% training of crafting skills) to the land owner and all tenants of the parcel in which it is placed.

Poor brucey never had a chance. (Gyoin)

Ha! Shows them! I already updated my donation to $60 when they added the pet tier!

Fuck this is how Kickstarter gets you isn't it.
Yup. I just did my initial pledge to 60 cause I figured I'd pay that much for the game regardless.

Looks like half of the $36 peeps upgraded. 1375 out of 3000 pledges are available at $36. I don't recall that much available in previous days.

Top Bottom