What's new

Crowfall - Kickstarter Updates

I think Topic has said he's also a behind the camera type guy

Wanted to include him since he's a driving force of this push, as well as Dainjre for, y'know, bringing it up. But we can always use behind the scene guys as well for prep / discussion points.

I'd be down for sure. But I think you knew that - as noted by my general excitement for this game. My hype train isn't super-fast, but it has definitely left the station.

Yeah, I more Leap of Faith'd this since TAB was growing in hype. Then I just threw money at it and waiting.

Given their general interest, I think dainjre and Topic will be excellent sources of topics for those of us more comfortable with camera work. And anyone else who wants to contribute.

Yeah, I'm up for brainstorming but my schedule is pretty erratic at the moment, even during my wildstar raid times I have to handle business.

No worries, I'm not expecting anything to materialize for a while, but a good foundation will be needed as we move forward <3

Hey gang,

Today's update focuses on City Sieging -- a key element of the Crowfall vision. Building, defending and sieging of fortifications is a primary focus of the Campaign design, and the activity around which most (if not all) the win conditions will be centered. At a high level, this system should allow players to build fortified strongholds dynamically in the world (i.e. dropping castle wall segments, towers, buildings, etc) and then using those fortifications as a combination "home base/staging area" to control the surrounding area and the materials produced there.

This video walks through an example of a City Siege scenario between two guilds... and we've also updated the FAQ a bit, to fix a few errors and clarify the idea a bit.

A few notes on this scenario:

- yes, it's simplified -- and it also covers a lot of ground, quickly! This is meant to be a companion piece to the Campaign FAQ, so if you have questions, read the FAQ first!

- this scenario would be most likely to occur in late Summer or Fall of the Campaign, since the guild in question appears relatively secure in their position and the local points of interest are discovered/well-known.

- the Bloodstones ruleset was created with a secondary purpose: technically, the second guild (Kane's Fist) isn't shown as "owning" a city. This ruleset would open up the possibility for a landless guild (i.e. a mercenary company, or as we like to call them, a "band of roving thugs") to generate victory points and win the Campaign. Easy? No. Possible? Maybe!

Additionally, remember that this is a high-level description; things like warmth and construction time, placement of siege equipment and material production aren't referenced, to keep the scenario simple. In actual gameplay, the tactical decisions made by each team prior to the siege would likely provide a huge "swing factor" and dramatically alter the outcome.

Again, this is only an example! And as the video says, the most important thing to remember is: YOU GUYS will decide if this is a valid scenario/strategy, or not! These aren't scripted events. Our job is to provide the tools; your job is to figure out how to use them to your advantage.

That's it for today! Beginning this week, we will be posting game-related updates on Tuesdays and Fridays with occasional founders/team updates on Wednesdays. So, more to come later this week, and thanks again as always!

Topic

Not sure if you want to keep being the lead on giving updates, but - http://www.reddit.com/r/crowfall/comments/31sr71/new_info_will_be_coming_tuesdays_and_fridays_from/

Looks like we'll get small semi-weekly updates moving forward! :)

Good info, thx! I'll try to keep up with them. My gaming email act had a paddword error that I just caught, so I should be able to post those updates more regularly. I'll poke around for outside sources, but help is appreciated. We'll totally hit the ground running for Crowfall.

For anyone who hasn't been keeping up with Crowfall, you can now login to their site and claim your backer rewards as they chug forward.

For anyone who hasn't been keeping up with Crowfall, you can now login to their site and claim your backer rewards as they chug forward.

Could do this for a few weeks now. You can also upgrade you tier.

I'm thinking we should go in on a Keep. Split 75 bucks in between everyone here who backed shouldn't be too bad. It should give us enough space for everyone as well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'm thinking we should go in on a Keep. Split 75 bucks in between everyone here who backed shouldn't be too bad. It should give us enough space for everyone as well.

Agreed although not gonna lie love the look of the wooden fortress a lot too. One is 200k and one is 300k space. Not sure the specs in terms of fortification and how many homes can be built etc. but looks like they both could hold homes and housing for guild members of at least 10

Agreed although not gonna lie love the look of the wooden fortress a lot too. One is 200k and one is 300k space. Not sure the specs in terms of fortification and how many homes can be built etc. but looks like they both could hold homes and housing for guild members of at least 10

Keep is more fortified and offers more expansion room. We should get a head count and go from there maybe.

Top Bottom