What's new

iPhone 5s(nore)

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone else a little underwhelmed by the new iPhone announced? Only cool part for me was the Slow Motion Video (@720 and 100fps, random ass number) and the flash. But other than that... finger print sensor? Really? 64 bit I suppose is good... but yeah.. I would prefer they just said FUCK IT to everything else and added a 12 day battery to it while keeping it thin. NOW THERE is a selling point. Oh well, I'll probably get the black one. Android is really no better imo. They have so many different phones with so many fragmented OS's and a lack of one phone with all the features be up to par with Apple quality. They have one or two that ROCK then the rest drop off: Good camera, shitty mic, good mic, shitty camera, great camera and mic GIANT ASS PHONE, great battery, shitty video. At least with Apple products I know I will get a phone, camera, video, mic, and the latest greatest apps first. Oh well.... here's to being a sheep.

I, personally, like being able to remove and replace my own battery without needing to take my phone somewhere.

I know how you feel. I just purchased the 5 a few months ago. BIG upgrade from my crappy android phone that was worthless, died within a few hours. I am however excited to hear about the IOS7. Now this is where they need to focus their attention on. They already have a great product, now keep making the software better is the route they should take IMO

I know how you feel. I just purchased the 5 a few months ago. BIG upgrade from my crappy android phone that was worthless, died within a few hours. I am however excited to hear about the IOS7. Now this is where they need to focus their attention on. They already have a great product, now keep making the software better is the route they should take IMO

Yeah the iOS in any phone these days is what you need to focus on. If you need the features it offers that is the phone you should look at. Android has SOME features I like more, better gmail integration and such but iOS has a better overall system for my needs. So the phone is literally icing on the cake, so I look at the cameras and I go for the one I believe to have the best quality.

2000 called, it wants it's reasoning for buying android back.
Hey, I like what I like. I personally also don't like the iphone keyboard. However much you and everyone else say that iphone is better it won't convince me, just like I won't convince you or all the other sheeple that buy apple products just cause the name is in there.

Problem i have with Apple is when they release new product its not really that different from the one before, yes a few small upgrades and a bunch of bullshit that i could care less about like slow motion video, unless i am watching a bunch of ladies wrestle naked in some KY jelly i'm not going to use it . And android like you said before just realse's phone after phone after phone that really are not that great.

I charged my phone on Friday at work, it still had a charge on Sunday Night (25%). I'm not a heavy phone user, but I do religiously charge my phone every night and keep it charged at my desk at work while I listen to music (3G streaming music, so it would drain fast after 8 hours).

I've found my work around for low battery life. I never have an issue.

On that note, I haven't really looked at the announcement yet. I still have a 4S, so it's time for an upgrade. I'll probably wait for.... *ahem* something before I buy it though, and then do that... Thing after I do buy it.

Hey, I like what I like. I personally also don't like the iphone keyboard. However much you and everyone else say that iphone is better it won't convince me, just like I won't convince you or all the other sheeple that buy apple products just cause the name is in there.

I don;'t buy it for the name.. I buy it for the camera.[DOUBLEPOST=1378844147,1378844094][/DOUBLEPOST]
On that note, I haven't really looked at the announcement yet. I still have a 4S, so it's time for an upgrade. I'll probably wait for.... *ahem* something before I buy it though, and then do that... Thing after I do buy it.

So confused....

I don;'t buy it for the name.. I buy it for the camera.

I realize that it came out that I was accusing you of that, however I apologize. I didn't mean to, I know you know what you want in a phone, just like I do. I mean the OTHER -real- sheeple that buy the phone just for the little silver apple on the back, which they do. -brucethumbsup-

Problem i have with Apple is when they release new product its not really that different from the one before, yes a few small upgrades and a bunch of bullshit that i could care less about like slow motion video, unless i am watching a bunch of ladies wrestle naked in some KY jelly i'm not going to use it . And android like you said before just realse's phone after phone after phone that really are not that great.

A phone has never had a 64 bit processor before, not to mention a second chip dedicated to motion tracking. The fingerprint ID tech is also new. Yes, it's a flat rectangle, but I think anyone would be hard pressed to come up with a more efficient and easy to use shape.

Since the advent of the touchscreen, phone innovation has been mostly on the inside. We remember that huge WOW factor when the first iPhone changed everything, and we want that to happen again. That kind of innovation will happen again, but we shouldn't expect it out of every iteration.

I will not be buying this phone, or any smartphone for that matter. A cheap clamshell that makes calls is all I need.

I realize that it came out that I was accusing you of that, however I apologize. I didn't mean to, I know you know what you want in a phone, just like I do. I mean the OTHER -real- sheeple that buy the phone just for the little silver apple on the back, which they do. -brucethumbsup-

I think the same could be said for Android users as well. "Open Source" being their mantra, though plagued with fragmentation and constant updates that no man can keep up with.

But it is really tomatoe tomato

I don;'t buy it for the name.. I buy it for the camera.

Shouldn't you be looking at the Nokia Lumia series then? 41 megapixels of goodness.

In any case, until Apple halves the price of the iPhone I'll stick with my midrange Androids. My little $200 phone does all I need it to, from giving me a homescreen to fill with only the apps I want to being a little handy dandy USB stick.
Having said that, good lord there are way too many Android phones that just aren't up to snuff. I have no idea why a Samsung S4 even costs that much when it's all plastic all over the place. At least Google's slowly stepping up with their Nexus line.

Shouldn't you be looking at the Nokia Lumia series then? 41 megapixels of goodness.

In any case, until Apple halves the price of the iPhone I'll stick with my midrange Androids. My little $200 phone does all I need it to, from giving me a homescreen to fill with only the apps I want to being a little handy dandy USB stick.
Having said that, good lord there are way too many Android phones that just aren't up to snuff. I have no idea why a Samsung S4 even costs that much when it's all plastic all over the place. At least Google's slowly stepping up with their Nexus line.

The Nokia lumia is a crock of shit. It's reinvented zoom is pixel smoothing. Yuck.

I don't know what that means, is it this:

Because of the massive resolution of the photos, you can crop them down dramatically without suffering from too much loss of quality. Alternatively, you get up to 3x lossless zoom while shooting photos. That means you can zoom on your phone like you would on other smartphones, but image quality and details won't degrade, and the end result would still be a 5MP image.

If you're interested in the way this works, you can read Nokia's white paper on the 41MP PureView camera. But here's a quick version of how oversampling works in this case: Nokia uses several pixels to act as one pixel to gather more data and details in a photo. Instead of a 5MP sensor capturing 5MP images, you have a 41MP sensor whose pixels act in such a way that it captures 5MP images.

Yeah, it sounds complicated and the white paper goes into more detail than I can explain here, but all you need to know is that your 5MP photos will look a hell of a lot better than, say, photos from a phone with a standard 5MP camera (like the iPhone 4).

Because that sounds pretty good, right? Reading the rest of that review, image quality is about all that's good about the camera or the phone though so yeah, nevermind.

I feel that this is quite appropriate, although I did not look into the Apple Conference at all (school textbook reading /yawn)

m5vqEW7.jpg

Teehee

Ill still choose Android over Apple any day sorry. The only thing Apple has these days is its app store(and its ability to have games and apps release there first) and the fact that Apple has one set of devices to worry about when issuing system updates. Honestly this huge fragmentation and issues concerning Android you speak of, I just don't see and I have had Android for a long time now. Droid, Droid Razer, and now an Samsung S4 and a Nexus 7 tablet.

I also refuse to pay extra money to have a half eaten apple on my device, because to me the differences are smaller and sway me towards Android while the pricing pushes me even further towards it.

Ill still choose Android over Apple any day sorry. The only thing Apple has these days is its app store(and its ability to have games and apps release there first) and the fact that Apple has one set of devices to worry about when issuing system updates. Honestly this huge fragmentation and issues concerning Android you speak of, I just don't see and I have had Android for a long time now. Droid, Droid Razer, and now an Samsung S4 and a Nexus 7 tablet.

I also refuse to pay extra money to have a half eaten apple on my device, because to me the differences are smaller and sway me towards Android while the pricing pushes me even further towards it.

Whatcha smokin Willis! Apple prices and galaxy prices are the exact same. Samsung is an apple wannabe. The fragmentation is there for the users not the tech savvy. Well actually yeah for the tech savvy and being locked out of an upgrade waiting for your carrier to allow it is dumb. Apple owns that process so carriers can't interfere. Which oddly enough is the opposite of what android users claim. Apple achieved it. That being said I think all top end devices work for what you like.

Top Bottom