What's new

iPhone 5s(nore)

That's a humanity thing IE if someone is going to be a dick like that, they would probably get your password anyways or just take it and factory reset/sell.

I wonder if there will be a toggle "on/off" so that if you want a normal passcode then you can have that as well.

I don't understand how secure people want their phone from the logging in. Personally, I don't want to have a 256 character password to hope that my phone is secure or anything like it. I guess I don't know what other people do to/with their phones to need so much "security".

Some do quite a bit, like banking and things like that. If those apps implement fingerprint login as well, that could be a thing.

I'm contemplating getting the 5S. I have a 4S right now and the 5S is a pretty good update in every way. Plus with the trade in program it wouldn't cost me much at all. I'm also curious to see what the software update to AppleTV is.

I'm contemplating getting the 5S. I have a 4S right now and the 5S is a pretty good update in every way. Plus with the trade in program it wouldn't cost me much at all. I'm also curious to see what the software update to AppleTV is.

Yeah I will be getting the new one. I have the 4s as well. Remember you can always sell your phone for way more on craigslist than via trade in.

I never used Craigslist. Whats involved in selling an iPhone? Factory reset is obvious, but do I have to unlock it or remove the sim or anything? Plus I read there is a lot of shady shit going on with selling iPhones on CL and eBay.

I never used Craigslist. Whats involved in selling an iPhone? Factory reset is obvious, but do I have to unlock it or remove the sim or anything? Plus I read there is a lot of shady shit going on with selling iPhones on CL and eBay.
It's pretty straight forward. Take a few pics. Clean it up. Sell for max profit. Meet in person cash only. Public place yadda yadda.

It's pretty straight forward. Take a few pics. Clean it up. Sell for max profit. Meet in person cash only. Public place yadda yadda.

My phone is immaculate. Put in a case and screen laminated from the moment it came out of the box. Plus its a 64gb, my next one is gonna be a 32gb. Sprint only wants to give me like..158 bucks for it. I could probably get double that selling to an individual I would imagine...

My phone is immaculate. Put in a case and screen laminated from the moment it came out of the box. Plus its a 64gb, my next one is gonna be a 32gb. Sprint only wants to give me like..158 bucks for it. I could probably get double that selling to an individual I would imagine...

Yes. The 16gig 4S sells for approx 250 - 300 at the moment.

So just a factory reset and you're good to go? Wouldn't my number still be attached to the sim card? I have idea how phones work.

To be honest I don't know about sim cards. But I am assuming you remove it. I have verizon.

So just a factory reset and you're good to go? Wouldn't my number still be attached to the sim card? I have idea how phones work.

Def. remove the sim card. This is where your "Phone company data" is saved. So your number and sometimes even your phonebook.

I tell ya what though, one reason I love me some apple, is cause the resell value is always high. Apple products maintain value for a long time after purchase.

Wish i had the 64, i have the 16 being cheap bc i had to buy one for my wife as well since her android shit the bed to

When I upgraded from 3G to 4S, I cleaned up my phone, still had the old box, and put it on craigslist for $175. Met a kid in front of Walmart, he paid me cash, and off we went.

Clean it up, remove sim card, factory reset. Good to go.

Especially since I paid 200 for my 4S (with 2year contract), I really only paid 25 bucks to upgrade. With the 4S to 5S, I plan on doing something very similar. It took about an hour worth of effort to put it on CR, and a little bit of patience to get a guy that wasn't from Kenya. (Never mail anything).

When I upgraded from 3G to 4S, I cleaned up my phone, still had the old box, and put it on craigslist for $175. Met a kid in front of Walmart, he paid me cash, and off we went.

Clean it up, remove sim card, factory reset. Good to go.

Especially since I paid 200 for my 4S (with 2year contract), I really only paid 25 bucks to upgrade. With the 4S to 5S, I plan on doing something very similar. It took about an hour worth of effort to put it on CR, and a little bit of patience to get a guy that wasn't from Kenya. (Never mail anything).

This almost sounds like somebody of my family, who always upgrades his car, and sells his old car for pretty much the price the new one costs.

To be honest I don't know about sim cards. But I am assuming you remove it. I have verizon.
On the same note as this, the Verizon rep told me if a person from craigs list sold a phone to me and we met at the store, they could verify there the phone wasnt stolen before I bought.

On the same note as this, the Verizon rep told me if a person from craigs list sold a phone to me and we met at the store, they could verify there the phone wasnt stolen before I bought.
Oh, that's actually REALLY good news. I may use that tip in the future. (Might actually get a more fair price for the phone for being "legit")

Baaaaah!

I'm kinda diggin on the new gold...ish color...but I'll probably stick with my traditional white...who ares, Gonna stick a case on it anyways. :p

Top Bottom