What's new

iPhone 5s(nore)

m5vqEW7.jpg

Was the first thing I thought, however it doesn't actually scan it, it just reads it. Which oddly enough is different.

Also, remember laptops that did it? They already have mine... woo woo jury duty! :)

My iPhone 4s was the worst thing I ever bought in my life. I took it out of the box and it worked. I hate it when I cannot mess around with my devices.
Back to serious again, I will buy my next phone, when my iPhone breaks down, will probably get a HTC and romflash it to a Nexus. This way, I get the updates, and I´m happy.

On the topic Apple vs Everyone:
Why is this even a discussion? Just buy the one you want. Done.
Why do people always need to compare their hardware/virtal penusses?

I have a 4 and had an S3 previously. I like both, although I do like the iphone quite a bit, I don't like how the apps on Apple cost $.99 or more when on Android the majority that cost that on Apple were free (or at least the ones I wanted/have/tried).

Samsung is an apple wannabe.

You sir, are racist against non-iPhones.

First off, news flash, the iPhone IS a Samsung phone; they're the one's who build them for Apple. The "wannabe" part comes from them also trying to build their own phones without Apple suing them for using rounded edges like they do. Second, you're making the same mistake Apple users have made since Apple figured out it can stay in business by going flashy and appealing to the lowest common denominator with style over substance (i.e. Apple = Apple, Android = Android) because everything you use starts and ends with Apple. Android isn't the same thing; its a program independent of the hardware.

The entire business model of Apple is make something that looks cool enough to be mainstream and stylish, make it easy enough to be used by even the computer illiterate with little effort, and then tweak it every year so people have to keep buying it. WHICH IS AN AMAZING BUSINESS MODEL. It works, and there's no denying that so kudos to them. Does it really matter all that much that the iPhone 5S has features that the iPhone 5 doesn't? Not really, because while say 30% of Apple users may want to upgrade to a better phone, odds are 70% or more just want to be able to say they have the iPhone 5 *S*.

Alternatively Android can be found on a whole range of different phones coming out every so often, and yeah some like the Galaxy S 4 are turning into iPhone clones with their associated business models, but hey! Love the Android operating system but don't like the direction that its going in with the Galaxy S's? No worries, just go check out one of the dozen plus other companies making models for it. Need a new phone but don't give a crap about a better camera? Save a few bucks and get a model that doesn't focus on it. Need the best camera for your phone? Find a model that has that. You've got options!

Oh, and all of the above aside... FUCK Apple, FUCK Android, guess what? My service provider carries both now so I can have an Android phone for one upgrade, an Apple for the next, and then back to an Android if I want to (I haven't paid for any one OS only apps anyway). Don't like the 5 S? Get an S 4 (notice that huge difference?) and then get the 6!

We don't have to be slaves to one master anymore. WE CAN BE SLAVES TO TWO![DOUBLEPOST=1378905349,1378904965][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh wait! Forgot about Windows now.
We can be slaves to three!
/zombiechase :yay1: :justdontknow: :yay2::happyhappyhappy: :yay3:

At least until the zombies come and save us from ourselves.

Blackberry is starting to make more smart phones Z10 ,Q10 but i still only see Blackberry as a phone you use for work.

I bought a 3G launch week, loved it. 6 months later, JB'd it, love it even more. Bought the 4S launch day, loved it. Few months later, JB'd that as well. Love it even more.

I skip every other generation, usually getting it launch time, then JB it when it becomes available, and it's like getting another new toy.Combine that with unlimited 3G data that I'm grandfathered into, and I'm a happy boy.

That is something I haven't done to my iphone 4, is jailbreak. I always rooted my Android devices though. Weird.

Blackberry is starting to make more smart phones Z10 ,Q10 but i still only see Blackberry as a phone you use for work.

When the government switched its employees to iPhones from blackberries they kinda had their own fate sealed. Although BBM is coming to all devices so that will be there legacy.

I'm invested into the ecosystem enough on the App Store for apple that a switch would suck major balls. So I will preorder the 5s when they open it and then go hang out with my crazy friends who wait in line to meet some other crazies :)

So I will preorder the 5s when they open it and then go hang out with my crazy friends who wait in line to meet some other crazies :)
I'll just do day of delivery like I did with the 4S. I'm a wimp when it comes to those midnight releases.

I feel this was a cop out release for Apple just like the 4s was. The big thing this release comes with is the 5c which are the cheaper colored versions that are really a rebranded 5 which is not being sold anymore. The 5s is a slight improvement over the 5, but nothing that should cause anyone who owns a 5 already should feel they need to upgrade.

I own a 4s and it still runs fine. The battery needs to be charged probably once a day, but by the time that becomes an issue I'll be in the market for a new phone.

I really expected them to announce the Apple iphone watch.

The 4S wasn't a copout though. The 4 was running on a 4 chipset, while the 4S was actually running on a 5 chipset I believe.

I feel like I need to say I have an unreasonable hate of Apple, so if you are buying an android good for you, but if you are buying an apple..... You are going to
tumblr_mi6irnTqy51r7mg9ho1_400.gif

I was thinking about it. Does the fingerprint security actually make the phone MORE secure?

Can't anyone unlock your phone if you are asleep, passed out drunk, or otherwise incapacitated? If you grab some one violently, it's a lot easier to get them to press a pad than to say a 4 digit pin. It's cool, but I'm not sure at all about it being a good, much less better, safeguard. ESPECIALLY because you can spend money with it.

I was thinking about it. Does the fingerprint security actually make the phone MORE secure?

Can't anyone unlock your phone if you are asleep, passed out drunk, or otherwise incapacitated? If you grab some one violently, it's a lot easier to get them to press a pad than to say a 4 digit pin. It's cool, but I'm not sure at all about it being a good, much less better, safeguard. ESPECIALLY because you can spend money with it.

That's a humanity thing IE if someone is going to be a dick like that, they would probably get your password anyways or just take it and factory reset/sell.

I wonder if there will be a toggle "on/off" so that if you want a normal passcode then you can have that as well.

I don't understand how secure people want their phone from the logging in. Personally, I don't want to have a 256 character password to hope that my phone is secure or anything like it. I guess I don't know what other people do to/with their phones to need so much "security".

Top Bottom