What's new

MOBA League of Legends

I guess I need to get out of the mindset of building one way everytime.

This. So much this. Certain things can be considered 'Core' on Lux - Sorc Shoes, Void Staff, Hat as they are potent ways to help her do what she does already, but better. But at least half your build should be used to counter the enemy. Got an AD-heavy team like a bunch of Auto-Attackers? Grab a Thornmail to shut them down. Dealing with lots of CC? Get some Tenacity. Getting ganked from the jungle a lot? Place more and better wards. Getting fed? Go full ham and cheese, and melt faces.

This. So much this. Certain things can be considered 'Core' on Lux - Sorc Shoes, Void Staff, Hat as they are potent ways to help her do what she does already, but better. But at least half your build should be used to counter the enemy. Got an AD-heavy team like a bunch of Auto-Attackers? Grab a Thornmail to shut them down. Dealing with lots of CC? Get some Tenacity. Getting ganked from the jungle a lot? Place more and better wards. Getting fed? Go full ham and cheese, and melt faces.

Yup and that's my problem usually. I never really know how to counter. I guess I need to pay more attention to their stats and items and how they build because Most always I just take the offensive items from the recommended

oh oh oh one Item that I do not take from the recommended store is the Tears. I love this item for helping my mage, support stay in the fight longer earlier on.

Yup and that's my problem usually. I never really know how to counter. I guess I need to pay more attention to their stats and items and how they build because Most always I just take the offensive items from the recommended

oh oh oh one Item that I do not take from the recommended store is the Tears. I love this item for helping my mage, support stay in the fight longer earlier on.

Tear is gold for your mana base. But you need to make sure you're turning into the staff.

If you're sub 30, most of your counterplay will come from items. Even just look at the team comp. Having an idea of who they are running with will give you an idea of what to look out for. Once you've spent some time with it, you will start to know where certain champions will be going on the map, and how to handle that - like knowing that their team is CC heavy, so you have to watch out for combos.

Keep at it!

*taking notes*

Some good info here.

Also, Picked up Teemo last night. I can see why everybody hates him (enemy and ally)

Teemo global taunt OP.

So I have been playing him and had a question. Can he spawn an infinite number of mushrooms? but can only hold 3 on person. the description says they last 10 minutes but they never give a number count

So I have been playing him and had a question. Can he spawn an infinite number of mushrooms? but can only hold 3 on person. the description says they last 10 minutes but they never give a number count
Yes. You can have as many out as you can put out. Cool down reduction items helps them recharge faster so that you can have more down.

Usually a teetos jerb is to shroom up the top lane and enemy jungle as much as possible and split push and be generally annoying and distracting and try to bait as many people as he can to come chase him through a literal minefield while your team takes other objectives. That being said, in low ELO this strat doesn't really work cause your team will flame you for not grouping and/or because they dont understand the burden you're putting on the other team. In high elo people don't play teeto cause he's easily countered and there are generally other champions (namely singed) who are better at this kind of tactic because he's tankier and scales better into the late game.

Yes. You can have as many out as you can put out. Cool down reduction items helps them recharge faster so that you can have more down.

Usually a teetos jerb is to shroom up the top lane and enemy jungle as much as possible and split push and be generally annoying and distracting and try to bait as many people as he can to come chase him through a literal minefield while your team takes other objectives. That being said, in low ELO this strat doesn't really work cause your team will flame you for not grouping and/or because they dont understand the burden you're putting on the other team. In high elo people don't play teeto cause he's easily countered and there are generally other champions (namely singed) who are better at this kind of tactic because he's tankier and scales better into the late game.

Ahh nice. yeah getting used to him I played bots and just layed them down in a line, made them run through them and then chased them when they got lowish (I always go to bots first to learn the mechanics) I also played Singed a bit, he is an odd champion.

There are a few tricks to playing singed.

1. Never try to straight up fight anyone
2. When farming creeps ignore the other person in lane. Run passed their tower and proxy farm the minions that come before they even get to their tower
3. Run away from people while spamming your laugh so that people get mad and want to chase you while you have your poison on
4. Split push all day, make sure you're proxying everything. At end game you can farm two minion waves at once in their base.
5. Learn when your team is in trouble so that you can run in and fling their tank off your carry (only of your team is behind)

There are a few tricks to playing singed.

1. Never try to straight up fight anyone
2. When farming creeps ignore the other person in lane. Run passed their tower and proxy farm the minions that come before they even get to their tower
3. Run away from people while spamming your laugh so that people get mad and want to chase you while you have your poison on
4. Split push all day, make sure you're proxying everything. At end game you can farm two minion waves at once in their base.
5. Learn when your team is in trouble so that you can run in and fling their tank off your carry (only of your team is behind)

I love these!

That's not even hard, Tris.

Dainjre has forgotten the number 1 rule: Don't chase Singed. Let me say again. Don't.

Chase.

Singed.

That's not even hard, Tris.

Dainjre has forgotten the number 1 rule: Don't chase Singed. Let me say again. Don't.

Chase.

Singed.
If you're playing singed you can't chase yourself, you have to bait people into chasing you!

And hit me up if you want someone to queue with on HotS Tris, as long as its not Tues, wed, Thurs, sun between 830-1130 pm eastern or mon-fri 11 am -8 pm eastern

If you're playing singed you can't chase yourself, you have to bait people into chasing you!

And hit me up if you want someone to queue with on HotS Tris, as long as its not Tues, wed, Thurs, sun between 830-1130 pm eastern or mon-fri 11 am -8 pm eastern

So, never. :p

Also, Dainj, we should do some HotS together. It'll be great.

So, never. :p

Also, Dainj, we should do some HotS together. It'll be great.
I'm down! I'm open Mon, Fri, sat. (Mon and Fri would be in the morning for you) but not right now cause I got that Road Warrior hypeeeee

had a normal match last night and I am crying. Played with 2 of my friends who are both Silver league and so we got placed in with their skill level......my skill level is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down there. We won the match yeah but I still only went 7-9 with my lux. :( I was up against Zed and this guy knew how to play Zed. He would tower dive me with his ult and get out before the tower hit him. I was stunned because I wasn't expecting that. Somehow we still won it. IDK how but we did.

You can lose a lane and win the game. That's a good lesson.

In the case of a bad matchup like that, calling for regular ganks to pressure them out of the lane is vital. Another thing that's important to learn is how to 'freeze' a lane. If you can set the pace of your lane, and set up some friendly aggression, you will get ahead. And if you can get ahead on gold or xp, you're winning. A jungler worth their salt will keep the pressure on in order to help you win lanes. But ping for assistance. Right out type for assitance if the pings don't cut it.

When I jungle, I read the map. if I can see my top laner winning easily, and my mid lane is struggling, I make my presence known in the mid lane. I'll let you go back while I farm your lane for you. I will help a push when you get an advantage. And I will bully the everliving shit out of your lane opponent.

Part of your job is to have your lane warded. That's really important. It helps against jungle pressure. While entrusting you to have the vision they will need to operate effectively, they can provide pressure just from being spotted. Ever seen a Rengar poke a solo laner with his bolas especially when extended? You can literally hear their sphincter tighten. League is one of those games when you'll have an 'aha' moment. Where certain things will just make sense. Keep at it. :)

Three of us were on Skype and one random wasn't communicating with us (support, got reported for calling support and stealing the creep kills) the last member was really goo about communication so we had good communication all around. Our jungler (one of my friends) was playing Udyr and had wicked sustain in fights and was able to bail us out of a lot of sticky situations. He was a good 70% of why we won. And that was his first normals match with Udyr. He is really good at the game and he plays constantly.

I kept the lane warded whenever my ward was up. At some point I upgraded to my ward to a stealth ward bc a lot of our fights ended up in the jungle or near the dragon.

I wish I knew how to jungle but I am afraid of the jungle (unknown) the hardest part for me in this game is when I either take or lose my tower bc then the jungle and ganks really come into play there. I guess having the weight and pressure of the team holds me back from going plus I need to keep a better eye on my map and where everyone is.

In my experience, mid lane is the 'stalemate' lane. It's the least safe lane because there are so many entry points. So simply holding the lane and not letting them encroach upon your tower is viable. Keep farming, keep calm, and lets your jungler set up opportunities to go full ham.

Top Bottom