What's new

Official TAB 2.0 Feedback

Simpwn

Praise the Sun!
This will be a place we can pool our thoughts, likes, dislikes, comments on the new forum layout and design. I'd like to thank @tr1age and @kbambz for all their hard work on getting this site up and running with the new software.

When I have the site fullscreened @ 1920x1080 the logo is cut off, that's gon' drive me nuts

Vrg7rXt.png

When I have the site fullscreened @ 1920x1080 the logo is cut off, that's gon' drive me nuts

What browser?

It is supposed to shrink as the site gets smaller and larger as it gets bigger. We can probably add a limit though. Don't want that to cut off.
@kbambz can we set a max?

This is a tough one due to the responsive nature. Perhaps we can pin it to a specific spot somehow.

Last edited:
First, let me say that the site update looks AMAZING! Kudos to @tr1age and @kbambz for all of the hard work!

In the WTF are we section, the gray text on gray background is a little difficult to read. I can't remember how we had it in 1.0. Maybe we can try a lighter text color to make it pop out? Just a suggestion!

Also, as I posted this I couldn't find the spoiler alert option in the editing window. I was going to spoiler the image below to help with loading times.

I'll browse around some more and post anything else I find.

Last edited:
Yes you are right that needs a fix. It is exactly how it was on the old site which is actually a bug :)

Also, as I posted this I couldn't find the spoiler alert option in the editing window. I was going to spoiler the image below to help with loading times.

Click the plus icon for the spoiler :)

irst, let me say that the site update looks AMAZING! Kudos to @tr1age and @kbambz for all of the hard work!

Wooo! Thanks!

So here's what I love:
  1. The new landing page is very concise yet gives someone new a good overview of what we are
  2. The forum page is very symmetrical. I love symmetry <3
  3. The names have butterflies!
  4. The menu bar at the top is pretty prominent. It makes navigation easier and it persists even when scrolling down!
  5. I like the square avatars again. Circles were fine, but I like the square more <3
  6. THE FONT
  7. I like the interact button for status updates. It saves a load screen and doesn't take me away from the forum page
  8. I like the little green dot by people's avatar to indicate they are online in the forum
  9. The quick navigation button/pin thingy is nifty!
  10. The badges are fun!
That's all I had time to try out tonight. I'm traveling this weekend so I'm sure there will be more browsing!

OK, Love you, Love the site, of course. I want my color coded side bar back. I used to see unread posts in red and read posts in white. Please bring that back in the new thread thingy on the right.

Other changes I love, like the 9/9 or so posts as you scroll through the thread.

Not a huge fan of the layout that takes up about 10% of the top of the screen, but that is me, and I can easily get used to it. It probably is handy to be able to have the front page and forums and other stuff right there though.

It's all good, just fix the color coding on read or unread messages in sidebar and I will be happy.

Oh I'm using firefox 39.0.3

edit: when I say side bar I mean recent news section. For clarification.

Last edited:
quick navigation button/p
OK, Love you, Love the site, of course. I want my color coded side bar back. I used to see unread posts in red and read posts in white. Please bring that back in the new thread thingy on the right.

Other changes I love, like the 9/9 or so posts as you scroll through the thread.

Not a huge fan of the layout that takes up about 10% of the top of the screen, but that is me, and I can easily get used to it. It probably is handy to be able to have the front page and forums and other stuff right there though.

It's all good, just fix the color coding on read or unread messages in sidebar and I will be happy.

Oh I'm using firefox 39.0.3

edit: when I say side bar I mean recent news section. For clarification.

Why do I always forget you hate change the most :)

Anyway you have some good points. And some are just getting used to it as well. And if anything feels off after time, you bet we will change it! :eek:

Fun fact the menu shrinks as you scroll down and follows you on the page for easy access.

As for the right bar, not sure how to make that happen yet, so until I do here ya go:
http://alttabme.com/forum/index.php?find-new/posts
Added! :)

Remember when you say "bring it back" it isn't that easy, this is not even the same framework.

Remember when you say "bring it back" it isn't that easy, this is not even the same framework.

Tristan. Just bring it back. Bring it all back. Baby got back. Back to the Future. Futurama.

What were we talking about?

Anyways, huzzah bringing back facepalm and other reactions!

YAY! you fixed it.
Focus on that, and let me focus on the aesthetics :) lol
No but seriously I sat there for like a year trying to figure out if I was going to go with red or a new color. And then the hover color and the active color and the site color and EVERYCOLOR EFFECTED BY THAT ONE COLOR. BECAUSE IT EFFECTS MULTIPLE PARTS OF THE SITE!!! *HAIR FALLS OUT*

I actually prefer the new color over the red. I am just used to color = unread, and white = read.

Thanks for adding the "What are we playing" thread! I think it will help new members figure out who they can reach out to.

Top Bottom