What's new

Star Citizen Star Citizen

No they recently did away with LTI in packages. You also have to remember there are 3 levels of insurance proposed with level 1 the cheapest. Level 1 is also the one given with some packages previously. Here's how it breaks down:

Level 1 = Hull Insurance. This insures the hull of your ship and replaces it(or the value?) upon destruction. This gives you the HULL and only the hull, no equipment and no reimbursement for cargo.

Level 2 = Equipment Insurance. I am guessing this includes HULL and all EQUIPMENT that was equipped when lost.

Level 3 = Cargo Insurance. Stated by CR to be the most expensive, this would potentially reimburse you with currency for lost cargo.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Very well then. I still think that you have an unfair advantage. Even if they stop selling it after release (which I doubt, but hey let´s see), almost everybody who is interested in the game got a ship now anyway, so there will be almost no players without a ship.

Very well then. I still think that you have an unfair advantage. Even if they stop selling it after release (which I doubt, but hey let´s see), almost everybody who is interested in the game got a ship now anyway, so there will be almost no players without a ship.

So your all set with a single seat fighter? What about new players? What about the 2945 model Freelancer with upgraded so and so.

It's also been stated countless times that ships won't be for sale with real money after launch and CR stated that if they ever do that to cater to casual players it would be strictly starter ships like an stock Aurora.

Regardless it sounds like you are looking for excuses to dismiss this game already. That's fine but I have enough faith that CR who has been waiting 20 years or so to make this game of his, won't let anything fuck it up.

Regardless it sounds like you are looking for excuses to dismiss this game already.
I´ve just got burned on Pre-orders/Kickstarted Games/Pre-alphas too often. There are a lot of promises. And I will play this game. But I do not get why people would invest more than the game costs at release just to get a digital good, other than being better than everybody else.

I´ve just got burned on Pre-orders/Kickstarted Games/Pre-alphas too often. There are a lot of promises. And I will play this game. But I do not get why people would invest more than the game costs at release just to get a digital good, other than being better than everybody else.

To back the game, help reach stretch goals and fund development. Although at this point its kinda nuts lol. I'm done. I had already set an internal limit on having a combat oriented ship on launch as well as something oriented more towards exploring or economy related.

To back the game, help reach stretch goals and fund development.
I wouldn´t have had problems if they offer some ingame stuff for backers up to 100 bucks, but everything past this should be out of game. Like a special forum name or the "Information Cards" that they´ve made.
The problem is not with this game, but with Pre-orders / backing in general.

I've been considering this game off and on for some time.. Really want to see what the FPS gameplay actually looks like before I pull the trigger.

I have bought the $75 Avenger pack way back and have been playing in alpha and now I'm think of getting the $155 Freelancer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow ok I'll keep you people up to date. My old raiding guild already has a group organized for this.

How long will the baking be open? I want to wait until something like a "technical alpha" is around. And by technical alpha I mean 70-80% of the stuff they promised is in the game (only ingame, does not need to be bug-free)

How long will the baking be open? I want to wait until something like a "technical alpha" is around. And by technical alpha I mean 70-80% of the stuff they promised is in the game (only ingame, does not need to be bug-free)

Alpha/beta of the persistent universe is on the time line for the second half of 2015. Good news is that they are past all the initial stages for ships and Planetside environments. What this means is now their process for creating that stuff is way more streamlined which should result In a steadier pace of development.

You will obviously have bugs and delays but it won't be held up by them trying to get the process down now.

Yeah, to me spaceship sim is cool but i want to see some real gameplay.

Is the 'space' portion going to be a majority of the combat, or will the FPS aspect be more then an afterthought? I do enjoy space sims to a degree but I needs me some FPS action. It seems like the FPS portion will be much smaller in scale vs. something like planetside right?

Top Bottom