What's new

Star Citizen Star Citizen

Talk to me in mumble I'll tell you about the space combat been playing it for about 3months now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So..

bJ1mgK3.jpg

Why do all the piratey smugglery ships gotta be so muuuccchhhhhhh? I cant afford this game at the moment lol. Ill have to wait, sad.

They mentioned a couple days ago that a constellation can be bought in game after a weeks worth of play. If that stays accurate you could probably buy any ship that size or lower and spec it out to what people are paying for within a few weeks of moderate play. If you don't want, or can't pay any more than the minimum the $45 starter package will get you the game, the Aurora and an AC alpha pass for $45.

Great suggestion and if you get the bare minimum you will be able to liquidate your ship and spend more money if you want and put it towards something more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah there are plenty of options for that. What people need to remember is the primary purpose of them allowing you to buy things is to fund the game. The stuff you get are just perks.

"But Zakis," you say, "Isn't almost fifty-two million enough?"

You'd have to consider the fact that it is an MMO with a living, breathing, universe. At this point they are looking to keep it funded for stuff after release and experimenting with things that they considered earlier but stated it wouldnt be possible at launch. For example, Chris stated he would love to have worlds be procedural generated at some point but that was a long way down the road. It was set as a stretch goal which we recently reached and a portion of that money was earmarked for researching the possibility of just that.

Kind of went off on a damn tangent. It is pretty flexible in terms of melting packages and gaining store credit to choose other ships or upgrade if you desire. They have also been adding cross-chassis upgrades which enable you to keep your game package and just upgrade the ship.

With Remainz help last night(I was exhausted and because maths), I was able to melt my hornet package and my standalone Freelancer DUR, pick up a Freelancer DUR game package and a standalone Constellation Taurus without actually spending any more money.

I can´t donate, because I´m split about how this should end.
1. It works out: Yay PC Master Race has a new awesome game.
2. It doesn´t work out: Yay Kickstarter is dead. Also a lot of internet drama for me to feast on. Maybe even the pre-order trend stops?

If I donate I will influence which way it goes, so yeah.

Top Bottom