What's new

Star Citizen Star Citizen

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14269-FPS-Demo

Hopefully this is no where near complete, looks like it still needs a lot of work.

Agreed, but I can see the potential. I think the super over scripted tactical talk in the beginning just cheesed it. Two things people are forgetting and whining without fucking merit; its pre-alpha super rough demo and FFS Star Citizen is planning to have an FPS element INSIDE their MMO. CCP is on game number two trying to get that off the ground to make it fun to play and effect things in the EvE universe. It isn't even intergrated.

I think the super over scripted tactical talk in the beginning just cheesed it.

I think it was a mix of that and them running around guns blazing. I'd like to see them play it again as if they were playing their own characters in the PU where a death could mean perma death. I guess we'll find out for ourselves in a few months.

Also, here is a pdf a backer, Bullet Magnet, created that sums up pretty much everything we know about the game up to now.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0sVsKn6uZQwdS1nTURMRUtOak0/view?usp=sharing

https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...0k-words-of-almost-everything-star-citizen/p1

Finally a ship that suits me more, and LTI to boot. Traded in my other crap and got a Reedemer and Herald for fun

I'm going to be the fat docking port clerk who sits on social media all day.
I'll have a super hard commute because I'm too lazy to fix the port side defrackulator and cant turn left anymore.

It would be a sweet alternate space reality for me.

This has been on my radar for a while (I used to be a HUGE Eve nerd) Thinking about jumping in. Who's playing and whats a good entry point (sub 150$) ie...can I get shit done with a basic ship?

This has been on my radar for a while (I used to be a HUGE Eve nerd) Thinking about jumping in. Who's playing and whats a good entry point (sub 150$) ie...can I get shit done with a basic ship?

The freelancer series is a good starting point for anything other than combat roles. Being the largest ship that can fit through the smallest, least stable wormholes, it can take paths and most likely missions that larger ships won't be able to complete. Most ships are going to be fairly modular allowing you to outfit components to whichever role you want to fill. That being said if you know you want to focus on exploration or trade then you should check out the DUR and MAX freelancer variants. Variants tend to have things that others can't have but lose some modularity in the process. For example the MAX gets a total of four main engines and a larger cargo hold but has a smaller shield hardpoint, loses a class 3 hardpoint, and will most likely have less customization options overall compared to the base Freelancer.

If you're looking for a combat ship then your price point lets you pick pretty much whatever you want. The Mustang Delta is a glass cannon that relies on a low signature rather than strong shields/armor for defense. It's a time limited sale so you only have like half a week if you want to pick this one up. The Gladius and Avenger are both light fighters. The Gladius isn't flight ready yet but I think it's safe to say that it will be the better fighter whereas the Avenger will be a better multi-role ship with its small cargo hold. The Avenger starts with prisons in its hold and will most likely get a bounty hunter variant next year. Then there is the F7C Hornet. This ship can take a lot of damage and can hold a max of 8 guns plus missiles. Only the Super Hornet variant comes with the turret weapons so until you can earn things in game you'll be stuck with 4 guns. I also wouldn't be surprised if a couple weapons are removed or at least reduced in size before the game releases. The Hornet has a few variants if you're looking for a more specific play style.

Because alpha access no longer comes with the game you need to purchase alpha passes if you want access to the modules as they release. The packages still come with beta access but that is a long ways away. Arena Commander is the first module to release and it just entered its alpha phase now with 1.0. It was considered pre-alpha up to this point. There will probably be four main modules: Arena Commander, First Person Shooter, Squadron 42(singleplayer/coop), and Planetside/Persistent Universe(mmo), for a total of $20.

I think myself, Zakis and Remainz are the most hyped for this with a few others keeping it on their radar.

Remainz post is great! And interested? I'm building a new command center with 3 screens for Nvidia surround and planning to attend their CitizenCon in Manchester at the end of 2015.

So yeah you could say I'm interested.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

So yeah you could say I'm interested.

I'm interested in this game. Looks amazing but i will probably jump on the hype train the closer the release date comes. A little to far out for me. I don't want to get burned out before it even comes out.

I´m waiting for like a week after release or so. Once the servers are stable and the queue no longer hours/days long.

"You had me at Wing Commander"

This game looks amazing, and might get my Privateer bug going again.
However it will really depend on where I am and what kind of money I can save. This will be a very hardware intense game.
I'm sure anyone can play, but the difference in rig will be well expressed in dogfights.

Still, as long as the game isn't too crazy for initial investment I'll be trying it no matter what.

Picked up the Araura (Arena commander) Package. Figured I can always get another ship later :p Downloading this MASSIVE game now (20gb)

Because alpha access no longer comes with the game you need to purchase alpha passes if you want access to the modules as they release....

COMPLETELY missed this.....

Glad I bought a cheap ship.....WTH.

Lots of Arena Commander I guess....

Mining ship released:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...n/14518-Rugged-Colossus-Orion-Mining-Platform

THERE’S GOLD IN THEM THAR HILLS!

RSI_Orion_SideCU_150219_GH.jpg

The RSI Orion is mankind’s premiere spatial mining platform, fully compatible with all Mark IV Remote Mining Devices, and featuring an onboard refinery and a system of saddlebag-class storage units.
For advanced mining operations, theRSI Orion is second to none. The Orion carries a crew of up to six, responsible for flight operations, engineering and manning both turrets and pre-installed drone interfaces.
Onboard accommodations, while industrial in style, support all crew for extended duration mining runs. A genuine complete mining solution, a single Orion can locate, identify and extract lucrative ores, or it can be paired with explorers and transports to form the centerpiece of a larger-scale mining operation! Get to the core of the matter with the all-newRSI Orion.
Read more about Mining in Star Citizen in an exclusive in-depth design post by Tony Zurovec!

Top Bottom