What's new

Star Citizen Star Citizen

Well its a concept so it's not actually in the hangar. I do have one though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Addiction

Sent from Moto X using Tapatalk.

You could call it that partly but I see it as the dream game. The space Sim genre died off a long time ago and was one of my favorite genres. I'm glad they are coming back. You throw arguably the Godfather of space sims together with long time fans, the massive development team, and their insanely detailed vision of an open universe and you have something with amazing potential.

This year is going to be exciting starting with the FPS module at PAX EAST and the early beginnings of the persistent universe, the social module soon after. I'm actually super pissed I won't be at PAX.

I am waiting for this game to become the biggest pyramid scheme of gaming EVER. The amount of money they raised and how they are approaching STILL raising money, they should have pushed out 60 games by now. They have one of the biggest budgets in gaming HISTORY, yet they continue to make the "buy a ship" "support us" last as long as they can making more money off of digital items that don't exist yet.

I am waiting for this game to become the biggest pyramid scheme of gaming EVER. The amount of money they raised and how they are approaching STILL raising money, they should have pushed out 60 games by now. They have one of the biggest budgets in gaming HISTORY, yet they continue to make the "buy a ship" "support us" last as long as they can making more money off of digital items that don't exist yet.

Ah yes the ignorance is rampant.

I'm still confused. I guess when you don't follow development it can certainly seem like a scheme. *shrug*

I'm still confused. I guess when you don't follow development it can certainly seem like a scheme. *shrug*

It isn't a scheme. I am sure they will release a game. But the way they are bleeding dry everyone while they make it is ABSURD. And why people are eating it up is beyond me.

It isn't a scheme. I am sure they will release a game. But the way they are bleeding dry everyone while they make it is ABSURD. And why people are eating it up is beyond me.

you don't have to support it. It's all for development. Is it too much you say? Idk. Read into the level of detail and features planned and it might not sound so crazy.

you don't have to support it. It's all for development. Is it too much you say? Idk. Read into the level of detail and features planned and it might not sound so crazy.

Hey i am all for you guys investing in it. Your money, your choices. I am just stating that I feel like this is the biggest Money Grab is the history of money grabs. Don't get me wrong if I was on the other side i would do it too. You can't get that kinda money normally and they broke some strange mold to get it done. But man if this isn't the best space game in the history of space games.... oh lord.[DOUBLEPOST=1424643055,1424643035][/DOUBLEPOST]
Someone needs to start a rant thread for all the salt

Agreed but I don't have a lot more to say. :)

$73 million sounds like a lot but it really isn't by AAA standards. The original scope of the game is just a fraction of what it has become. If you spend a bit of time researching just how in depth and multifaceted the game has become and compare it to the list I linked, you'd see that what they have now isn't even enough.

I think part of the problem is that people are still looking at Cloud Imperium Games as some small indie team making a $12 million dollar game and pocketing the rest. They've grown to 300 employees with offices in California, Texas, UK, and (soon) Germany with a couple more teams contracted out elsewhere in the US, UK and Canada. Star Citizen has become the most ambitious games I've ever heard of and while I have no idea if they can deliver, I do feel safe in saying that the continued funding they've been getting is NOT a money grab...

As far as why people pledge so much goes... If you only want to play SC then get a cheap game package now or wait for the release and buy it then. If you believe in this, or any project, and want to support the development then set whatever limit you like and spend away. Selling ships up to launch has always been the plan. If a backer doesn't like the idea then they shouldn't have pledged in the first place. If a non backer doesn't like the idea then they can play the "I told you so" game when SC crashes and burns or hopefully buy it when it launches and play the BDSSE with everyone else. :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_video_games_to_develop[DOUBLEPOST=1424646992,1424646741][/DOUBLEPOST]
This year is going to be exciting starting with the FPS module at PAX EAST and the early beginnings of the persistent universe, the social module soon after. I'm actually super pissed I won't be at PAX.

I can't wait to see more about the FPS module. For anyone that plans on playing the FPS demo at PAX (Crake?) I'd really like to hear your impression of it.

tr1age You are not the only one feeling that way. I´m also super skeptical when it comes to this game. If it turns out great, I will gladly pay 60 bucks, but investing 300+ $ for a digital good that might not be as good as expected, sounds ridicules to me.

edith says: and don´t get me wrong: I would really love to see this game succeed.

Top Bottom