What's new

RP GAMES The derelict City of New Glasgow Chapter 1: A station in space

I receive an alert that the blueprints he's sent are automatically downloading. I study them for information.
You can see that most of the machines on the blueprints are not for "regular space stations" and are custom tailored for a specific use. All of them revolve around being able to transfer and store specific small amounts of a liquid or ore, without it coming into contact with anything.

I got up to give Buck room to tinker with the machines. I started walking around the room, hoping to find more clues.
Brutus checks out the machine and it looks like they haven´t been used in ages. Most of them are broken, although with the right replacement parts could probably be started again.

Rolfe strolls around in the room and finds a locked Medikit.

I am looking around and trying to assess the situation at hand. Should we continue on with some simple recon? Should we full on, balls deep continue? Should we hightail it out of here?

"Alright fellas. We're here and I got this shiny new chainsaw, so I'm already in the green on this adventure. What do you folks think? I'm fine with goin' deeper in, I just wanna make sure we're all prepared for what may lie ahead."

"Well, there's nothing terribly dangerous happened so far. If we're going to salvage, we should salvage all the way. Let's try and get power and comms up first. Everyone stay connected to the TacNet and back up if you get interference, fall back to the docks if you lose contact with the others while trying to reconnect. Lead on."

"If we want power there a maintenance shaft back there I need to scout. Main power line for this area running along it."

I pocket and belt the used tools. These will come in handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like we're on the move. I secure the locked medkit I found. This might be handy if I can find a key to open it.

I decide to follow Brutus, but turn to look at Buck, first.

"Be careful while you scout over there, Buck. I saw a shadowy figure earlier that led me to this room. It didn't hurt me, but that doesn't mean it can't."

I pocket and belt the used tools. These will come in handy.
Looks like we're on the move. I secure the locked medkit I found. This might be handy if I can find a key to open it.
You both successfully pick up the items and put it in your inventory. ((I've added them on the screen, also the power cell can be used in Brutus Chainsaw, but the decision if you give it to him or not, is up to you))

((Just to recap for everyone, here are your options to progress:
1. Go to the trains
2. Go into the maintenance shaft
3. Find an exit in the ore processing unit))

It was getting hard to breath, so I forced my eyes open as wide as they would go and smashed my hands on the fogged up glass in front of me, hoping it would break. Nothing. My hands hurt, as I was about to give up I leaned to my left and felt a protrusion in the wall, as I ran my hand over it the entire window opened with a loud noise. I almost slid out completely as the air rushed in, the fresher air of the outside filling my lungs causing me to cough out whatever else was remaining in mine. I saw some electronic consoles in front of me, one thing stood out above the rest, a microphone. I made my way over to it, wondering if it even worked, or what it would broadcast to, or if I could even speak between coughs of some blue amniotic fluid coming out of my lungs.

"Alright Buck, ya sure you can get some power in here? Let's head over to the maint shaft and get some lights and shit goin' on in here. That'll make life easier as we move along."

I start to move towards the maintenance shaft while keeping my gun up. I'm not really sure what Rolfe is going on about with shadows and junk, but if I gotta shoot I'll shoot.

((Re: powercell - Thx for pointing that out.))

"Yo, Brutus," I begin as I examine the found power cell. "Looky here." I walk over and hand it to him. "About ((X%)) juice left in there. If it was fully charged when this place went down, and it loses ((whatever percent)) every ((whatever years)) then this place went down about ((help me out here Euch?)) years ago..."

My math is interrupted by Rolfe's mention of his shadowy encounter... "How can you say that like it's normal?! Are you serious - this place is haunted?"

((In the interest of moving things along))

I pull my sidearm and continue my inquiry over the comma with Rolfe, while also following Brutus into the space weathered maintenance shaft.

"I'll let you know which way to go if we hit a fork in the road."

((Map's memorized and on tablet.))

"Watson and Rolfe, you staying here?"

Last edited:
"Naah, I'm coming with you." I do so.

Meanwhile, I want to see if there's a research or a command network I can start working on subverting.

((if I am following correctly, it sounds like we are going into the maintenance shaft Euchale))

I could tell everyone was caught off guard about the shadow. I can't blame them, though. If I were any of them I would think I'm crazy.

"I'll come along. You'll need a doctor if we find something... unfriendly."

I fold up the blueprint of the containment cell and secure it in my bag.

I saw some electronic consoles in front of me, one thing stood out above the rest, a microphone. I made my way over to it, wondering if it even worked, or what it would broadcast to, or if I could even speak between coughs of some blue amniotic fluid coming out of my lungs.

You are at the microphone, and judging from the glowing lamps, you should be able to use it. Sadly you are unclear, whether you would hear a response as there are no speakers to be found. On the console there is one big red button and a smaller one. There is also a dial on the side.

"Yo, Brutus," I begin as I examine the found power cell. "Looky here." I walk over and hand it to him. "About ((X%)) juice left in there. If it was fully charged when this place went down, and it loses ((whatever percent)) every ((whatever years)) then this place went down about ((help me out here Euch?)) years ago..."
((It´s a plutonium based power cell, it currently has 11% of charge left. Plutonium has a half-life of 24.000))

I start to move towards the maintenance shaft while keeping my gun up. I'm not really sure what Rolfe is going on about with shadows and junk, but if I gotta shoot I'll shoot.

I pull my sidearm and continue my inquiry over the comma with Rolfe, while also following Brutus into the space weathered maintenance shaft

"I'll come along. You'll need a doctor if we find something... unfriendly."

You all make your way to the maintenance shaft. It is pitch black in there, so only the lamps on your space suit will provide light. It seems to be in decent condition, so you should be able to get to where you want to go.
((I will just preemptively send you inside the shaft))
As you enter the shaft you find a map directly at the entrance. It shows that this shaft leads to 3 directiions:
South will lead to the machinery parts of the mining drill.
West will lead to the train station
Northwest will lead to the ore processing unit, if you follow it for a longer time you will end up at the ships maintenance deck.
North will lead to the power core and Engineering deck.

All of them have several small storage rooms along the way.

Meanwhile, I want to see if there's a research or a command network I can start working on subverting.

The access to the research network is denied, but you manage to find a way to subvert energy from one door to another, so if you happen to run into a closed door, you should be able to open it.

I fold up the blueprint of the containment cell and secure it in my bag.
I´ve added it.

((So, btw, with Euch's added note, Buck mentioned that the ship is at most 80,000 years old))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You all hear static playing over the voice comms in the maintenance shaft.
((and that´s it for me for today, since nobody else answered))

As the static begins to play over my head I realize this is a lost cause and look down to see I am completely naked. I must find some clothes. There is glass and broken metal and wires all over the floor. "Where the hell am I going to get clothes and where the hell am I..." I think to myself out loud.

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk

I hear the static buzz softly above us.

"Did you all hear that?"

I nervously look around me instinctively to see if there was danger, but it was so dark in the maintenance shaft. Eventually, I calm myself down to focus on what's ahead. I readjust my suit's flash light to get a better look at the map. Four options.

"Does anyone have a preference? I'm thinking we should get to the power core to try to get everything operational, right?"

Top Bottom