What's new

RP GAMES The derelict City of New Glasgow Chapter 1: A station in space

"Systems update people. Looks like there's functioning research network I can eventually start working on. Will need more than a few minutes, it's got layers of security, and I might find a way to bypass it as we explore.

Looks like I've got a workaround for the door power in a pinch, so shout if you need a hand with one."

I want to explore the technical details around this door option, in case there are unintended side effects (programming and/or hardware).

I listen to the crackling PA system in repressed horror. The knowledge that there's no such thing as ghosts is just enough comfort to keep my eye on he prize. The Me of ten years ago would have left this shithole to collect more space dust, but the Me of today is ready to retire. Just this one last job...

"I heard that if you tell a ghost to leave you alone, it has to do it. Never invite it into your life."

And then under my breath, "leave me alone, ghost."

Finally, I voice a vote north, too. Ore is too hard to move through non-working doors, and a train without power is pretty fruitless. I guess we could still follow he tracks... but the doors, man!

I maneuver steadily behind Brutus with practiced skill through the maintenance shaft, gun still at the ready.

((Do we arrive uneventfully?))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I look around the room trying to figure out where to go next. The cold metal floor sticking to my feet with whatever left over residue seems to be freezing on the soles of my feet. ((Options?))

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk

As we walk towards through the maintenance shaft, I notice small storage rooms along the way. I briefly peek inside a few of them to see if there may be any useful supplies. I mentally note each of the rooms as we pass them. Who knows... we may need them again in the future.

I quietly follow behind Brutus and Buck. I periodically look behind us just to make sure we were still safe.

I maneuver steadily behind Brutus with practiced skill through the maintenance shaft, gun still at the ready.

I quietly follow behind Brutus and Buck. I periodically look behind us just to make sure we were still safe.

As you all move through the corridors you can hear noises from behind the wall that sound like somebody scratches claws into metal. Suddenly some kind of humanoid figure with mechanical features jumps into Brutus and knocks him prone. Topic and Rolfe immediately open fire and land two very well placed hits. Being hurt, it jumps off and tries to get away. In this moment Watson comes out from the back and uses his Heavy cutter to split it in half.
The top half of it continues to use his hands to move forward but dies before it gets away.

As we walk towards through the maintenance shaft, I notice small storage rooms along the way. I briefly peek inside a few of them to see if there may be any useful supplies. I mentally note each of the rooms as we pass them. Who knows... we may need them again in the future.
You successfully do that.

I look around the room trying to figure out where to go next. The cold metal floor sticking to my feet with whatever left over residue seems to be freezing on the soles of my feet.
Read PM.

((Just so you all know, according to your map you should be around half-way there))

I take a few deep breaths to calm myself down and put my blaster away. I run over to Brutus to check for any wounds.

"Hey, are you ok?"

((if he is hurt, can I heal him?))

Strewn over one of the broken down chairs I see an off white lab coat. "This must have been here for awhile..." "Fuck it", I put it on to cover up. I decide to look at these screens again. If I can make static, maybe there is a way to contact someone to tell me where the hell I am. Thinking to myself as I rummage through the wires and random screens oddly still powered on, "I will be ok, you will be ok..." I freeze for a moment as I realize I don't actually remember my name. Overwhelmed by being at a loss for my own identity I sit down in a chair to calm myself a bit. I quickly stand up and start pacing the room, barely noticing that there is really no other way in or out of the room, I pass by the radio console again and I look forward and see a few dials by the radio. "Well if the big red button did the intercom system I wonder what these other dials do", I start pressing all of them.

"What... the fuck..." I lay there for a second trying to reassess what just happened to me. What the fuck was that and why the fuck am I on the ground?! I take a moment to stand up and ensure everything is in the right place.

"That was new. Looks like we got some shit to handle here if we're gettin' out of here with anything."

I pat around my suit and as far as I can tell (Euch correct me) I seem to be okay. I take back my lead for the group through the maintenance shaft.

"Fool me once..." I mutter to myself.

((Curious will there be rolls for interactions like the above attack or is it just based on character?))

Aiming the plasma cutter at the assailant's body, I head over to it to inspect it. What is it, how is it put together, and is it still a threat?

I stay cautious.

Strewn over one of the broken down chairs I see an off white lab coat. "This must have been here for awhile..." "Fuck it", I put it on to cover up. I decide to look at these screens again. If I can make static, maybe there is a way to contact someone to tell me where the hell I am. Thinking to myself as I rummage through the wires and random screens oddly still powered on, "I will be ok, you will be ok..." I freeze for a moment as I realize I don't actually remember my name. Overwhelmed by being at a loss for my own identity I sit down in a chair to calm myself a bit. I quickly stand up and start pacing the room, barely noticing that there is really no other way in or out of the room, I pass by the radio console again and I look forward and see a few dials by the radio. "Well if the big red button did the intercom system I wonder what these other dials do", I start pressing all of them.

While looking at the screens you see that at least a handful of them are working. Two particularly catch your eyes. One shows several small space ships in something that looks like a giant storage hall with a drill in the middle. The other one shows 4 people who seem to recover from some sort of attack. There is a button right next to the screen and upon pressing it you hear:
"Fool me once...". You figure that this is a two way connection.

I take a few deep breaths to calm myself down and put my blaster away. I run over to Brutus to check for any wounds.
You check on Brutus and luckily he wasn't hurt by the thing. You help him up.

"What... the fuck..." I lay there for a second trying to reassess what just happened to me. What the fuck was that and why the fuck am I on the ground?! I take a moment to stand up and ensure everything is in the right place.

"That was new. Looks like we got some shit to handle here if we're gettin' out of here with anything."

I pat around my suit and as far as I can tell (Euch correct me) I seem to be okay. I take back my lead for the group through the maintenance shaft.

"Fool me once..." I mutter to myself.
You do.

Aiming the plasma cutter at the assailant's body, I head over to it to inspect it. What is it, how is it put together, and is it still a threat?

I stay cautious.

You slowly move closer and see that this cyborg or whatever it is, was definitely not made by a professional. A lot of the wires look loose and also the way the machine and the body are connected doesn't feel right to you.
You are certain that it is dead.

((Curious will there be rolls for interactions like the above attack or is it just based on character?))
((The rolls are only sometimes important, like when characters try something that they normally couldn't do. I rolled for you too, and with a high enough roll, you would have seen the fight happening on your screen, but the 1 you rolled made you blissfully unaware of what was going on))

"Ok, scavenging time! Cover me while I look for shinies."

I start going over the cyborg, looking for any component/implants that might store data. I want to try and get access codes/find out if the cyborg was receiving data wirelessly, much like we are.

Realizing there were others wherever I was, I decided to try to make contact, but I wanted to be safe about it, I could see a weapon in one of their hands, maybe they were robbing the place...

"Please identify yourselves!" I said calmly through the speaker system. Unfortunately it was a bit garbled due to the fluids in my lungs.

I waited for a response.

((I am going to let you all talk first before I resolve everything. Feel free to use the discord chat))

I start going over the cyborg, looking for any component/implants that might store data. I want to try and get access codes/find out if the cyborg was receiving data wirelessly, much like we are.
You are unable to determine wheter it was communicating with the station, but you do manage to find a memory chip. Looking through it shows that this unit was deactivated a long time ago and only been started back up again, when you entered. Going back further into the data you manage to find that this person did the implants on himself, which would explain why they look like they have been done by an amateur.
You also manage to find a key-card that reads:"OB-1"

"Sooooo...crazy guydid his own mods. Musta been pretty desperate if there was no medical tank to do it on. Doesn't bode well when the inhabitants do back-alley surgery on themselves. And he woke himself up just to meet us.

Oh, and I found Old Ben's access keycard. Could be our only hope."

I wave the slightly splattered keycard around for someone to take.

After that, I start going through the memory chip for logon details to networks, followed by trying to figure out the circumstances around his initial sleep.

Last edited:
"I'll take it."

I grab the keycard from Watson. The manner in which he waved it suggested he either didn't want responsibility for it or he didn't care for it. At that moment, an eerie voice came through the speaker system. I couldn't quite understand what was being said, but it almost sounded like someone was drowning.

"Did you all hear that?! I think our cyborg may have friends..."

I look at the others, but they didn't seem to have anything to say. I wasn't sure if either they didn't hear it or they were as ignorant as I was. I look up and clear my throat in order to speak in a louder voice.

"I'm sorry... we don't quite understand. Can you repeat yourself?"

Top Bottom